VicDEH

Approved for Expedited Handling

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, J&J 2020 said:

Does his CEAC status say the Case is Currently At "Ready" or "Manila"?  My wife got her interview expedite request approved 9 days ago which caused CEAC to change status from At "NVC" to "Manila". Is it advisable to travel to Manila for the medical while the status reads "Manila" and no interview date has been assigned yet?

My son's case status  is READY and in manila. I emailed slec on 9/21, and they're respond was, its okay to get the medical exam without interview letter as long as he has a case number and CEAC ready. I also emailed  the embassy for expedite interview appointment, and they're advice is, to get the medical first and email them back when the medical is all done. Goodluck to all of is. 

3 hours ago, ronh said:

My son's case status  is READY and in manila. I emailed slec on 9/21, and they're respond was, its okay to get the medical exam without interview letter as long as he has a case number and CEAC ready. I also emailed  the embassy for expedite interview appointment, and they're advice is, to get the medical first and email them back when the medical is all done. Goodluck to all of is. 

Was your expedite approved via an email from NVCExpedite or was it sent to you from a US Embassy - Manila email address? And did you email the embassy at IVManilaReplies@state.gov when you asked about getting an interview appointment date?    Many thanks for the assistance.

1 hour ago, J&J 2020 said:

Was your expedite approved via an email from NVCExpedite or was it sent to you from a US Embassy - Manila email address? And did you email the embassy at IVManilaReplies@state.gov when you asked about getting an interview appointment date?    Many thanks for the assistance.

Yes, we got an approved email from NVCExpedite. And yes that is correct, IVManilaReplies.....

You are welcome. 

Edited by ronh

8 hours ago, J&J 2020 said:

Does his CEAC status say the Case is Currently At "Ready" or "Manila"?  My wife got her interview expedite request approved 9 days ago which caused CEAC to change status from At "NVC" to "Manila". Is it advisable to travel to Manila for the medical while the status reads "Manila" and no interview date has been assigned yet?

My son's Case status said its ready. I think its  okay to get a medical as long she has a case number. Just bring NVC letter with a csse number. 

6 hours ago, ronh said:

Yes, we got an approved email from NVCExpedite. And yes that is correct, IVManilaReplies.....

You are welcome. 

Very good.  My expedite approval was from NVCExpedite as well, 10 days ago. But when I called the US Embassy today (using the US line: 730-520-2235), the attendant said there were no interview slots open at all and asked about the reason for my expedite, even though my expedite had already been approved. She said that since I had not received an email from the Embassy yet, that meant they did not have our file (even though CEAC shows it is located at "Manila" and the status is "Ready").  So it is a bit confusing. My wife doesn't want to travel to Manila if an interview isn't possible.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:28 AM, VicDEH said:

Has anyone been successful getting their physicals and interview scheduled from this thread recently without an initial interview letter to show slec to start?

My wife went to SLEC today without an interview letter. She showed the NVC expedite approved email with her MNL case number to the guard. No problem. 

13 hours ago, J&J 2020 said:

the attendant said there were no interview slots open at all and asked about the reason for my expedite

That's a bunch of nonsense. They processed over 100 spousal visas last month. https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/AUGUST 2020 - IV Issuances by Post and Visa Class.pdf

What she didn't tell you is that they are only doing expedited cases now. Since you are approved, don't listen to her. Look at the timelines on this website. People in Manila are having interviews and getting approved every week. 

39 minutes ago, user555 said:

My wife went to SLEC today without an interview letter. She showed the NVC expedite approved email with her MNL case number to the guard. No problem. 

I will send my wife and son this week or next then if this is the case. Thank you for the post

My expedite was approved on Sept 25. Since them i received an email stating our interview has been canceled. Have not had any interviews scheduled so far. Contacted NVC, said my file was under administrative process. All docs were submitted on June 5. June 18 everything was accepted.  Fees paid April 6th. On October 1, my status still shows "at NVC". I was told to contact the embassy. Contacted embassy and they said they havent received our files. Called NVC and response still the same. Still in administrative process.  Expedite was approved without conditions,  so i am not sure what is the hold up. My wife will travel to Manila next week to get her medical done. 

Edited by TShayne
Wrong date

1 hour ago, TShayne said:

My expedite was approved on Sept 25. Since them i received an email stating our interview has been canceled. Have not had any interviews scheduled so far. Contacted NVC, said my file was under administrative process. All docs were submitted on June 5. June 18 everything was accepted.  Fees paid April 6th. On October 1, my status still shows "at NVC". I was told to contact the embassy. Contacted embassy and they said they havent received our files. Called NVC and response still the same. Still in administrative process.  Expedite was approved without conditions,  so i am not sure what is the hold up. My wife will travel to Manila next week to get her medical done. 

Had a similar experience - expedite approved and we received an email re cancelation of interview (although no prior interview has been scheduled). I read from previous posts that this email only means that instead of NVC scheduling your interview, the embassy will get in touch with you directly re the appointment date. The only difference in our case is on the same day we received that email re cancelation, we also received another email from the NVC advising us that the embassy will contact us soon for the interview schedule. Expedite approved in August, the 2 emails I mentioned were received first week of September, and it was only yesterday that we heard from the embassy re the interview schedule. 

My guess is the embassy is working on backlogs - appointments that were canceled and rescheduled due to the quarantine- thus, the delay. 

Best of luck! We're almost there! 🙂

11 hours ago, TShayne said:

Talked to a gentlemen at the NVC late yesterday evening. He took the time to explain the cancelation email and the process. Being our case was ready at the NVC and we were in line for an interview, once the case was removed from the system, it generate the cancelation notice. He wasn't sure why the case was still there but he said give it a few more days and if there has been no change to contact the NVC again. He was very nice and gave great detail on everything I asked. This morning at 6am I received an email from the NVC that our case is now "In Transit" to the embassy. Great News!!!

8 minutes ago, TShayne said:

Talked to a gentlemen at the NVC late yesterday evening. He took the time to explain the cancelation email and the process. Being our case was ready at the NVC and we were in line for an interview, once the case was removed from the system, it generate the cancelation notice. He wasn't sure why the case was still there but he said give it a few more days and if there has been no change to contact the NVC again. He was very nice and gave great detail on everything I asked. This morning at 6am I received an email from the NVC that our case is now "In Transit" to the embassy. Great News!!!

Great news.  I am thinking I need to call NVC also. My wife case was transferred right away but my son case still says its at NVC since the expedite approval on 18 Sep. I keep checking status and the file has not been touched.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.