Jess&Rob

Ready to send: do I have everything?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just getting ready to send my package in, this is what I have. Am I missing anything? (Already filed I-130 online)

Cover letter

G-1145

Check for 1,225$

Form I-485 (my birth certificate, copy of passport, copy of passport stamp page (B-2), Marriage certificate, copy of name change)

I-797 receipt notice 

2 passport style photos

I-94 record 

I-864 petitioner + Copy of passport/drivers license + 2019 tax transcript

I-864 joint sponsor - birth certificate/drivers license + VA benefits letter showing income

I-765

I-131

Additional evidence: evidence of savings in bank account (petitioner and beneficiary) 

thanks so much! 

Edited by Jess&Rob

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jess&Rob said:

Just getting ready to send my package in, this is what I have. Am I missing anything? (Already filed I-130 online)

Cover letter

G-1145

Check for 1,225$

Form I-485 (my birth certificate, copy of passport, copy of passport stamp page (B-2), Marriage certificate, copy of name change)

I-797 receipt notice 

2 passport style photos

I-94 record 

I-864 joint sponsor - birth certificate/drivers license + VA benefits letter showing income

I-765

I-131

Additional evidence: evidence of savings in bank account (petitioner and beneficiary) 

thanks so much! 

Remember that 765 and 131 need their own set of evidences: 2 more passport photos each, copies of i-94 and other stuff. 

Timeline
Just now, Ayrton said:

Remember that 765 and 131 need their own set of evidences: 2 more passport photos each, copies of i-94 and other stuff. 

They can’t use the same passport photos? How many sets do I need to send in ? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jess&Rob said:

They can’t use the same passport photos? How many sets do I need to send in ? 

No. Each form is a separate application and need their own set of evidences. So go through the 765 and 131 instructions and check the evidences they require, even if they were already included in the 485 package. You can also follow the guides you find here in the forum.

I also don't see the tax transcript for the joint sponsor. If they weren't required to file, you must send an explanation of why they weren't required to file.

Edited by Ayrton

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

No. Each form is a separate application and need their own set of evidences. So go through the 765 and 131 instructions and check the evidences they require, even if they were already included in the 485 package. You can also follow the guides you find here in the forum.

I also don't see the tax transcript for the joint sponsor. If they weren't required to file, you must send an explanation of why they weren't required to file.

Ok thank you will do! 

No he isn’t required to file because he’s a Vietnam veteran.  I included his VA benefit letter, but will write a letter why he is not required to file.  Does he have to write the letter? Or the preparer?  The preparer is my husband (the joint sponsors son) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to AOS from Work, Student and Tourist Visa, from AOS Family K1/K3- as this is AOS from tourist visa.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jess&Rob said:

Ok thank you will do! 

No he isn’t required to file because he’s a Vietnam veteran.  I included his VA benefit letter, but will write a letter why he is not required to file.  Does he have to write the letter? Or the preparer?  The preparer is my husband (the joint sponsors son) 

I believe the letter must be signed by the joint sponsor. He's the one that needs to explain why he wasn't required to file taxes.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Jess&Rob said:

Cover letter

G-1145

Check for 1,225$

I-797 receipt notice 

2 passport style photos

I-94 record 

I-765

I-131

thanks so much! 

Updated** this is what I have... am I missing anything ? 

Cover letter

G-1145

Check for 1,225$

I-797 receipt notice 

2 passport style photos

I-94 record 

I-864 joint sponsor - birth certificate/drivers license + VA benefits letter showing income + letter explaining why not required to file taxes

I-765 (copy of I-94, 2 passport photos, copy of passport page/stamp, birth certificate, G-1145)

I-131 (copy of I-94, stamped passport page, letter stating why I qualify for advance parole, I-797 receipt notice, 2 passport photos, G-1144)

Additional evidence: evidence of savings in bank account (petitioner and beneficiary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.