Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/30/2021 at 12:10 PM, Amrit Gurbir said:

Just an update for folks who are not in the telegram or facebook group.  The process has been very slow these past few months due to student visas and then NIV visas.  Currently for IR1/CR1 folks DQ past november 10th 2020 are still waiting for IL, and F2A is still stuck in December 2019.  Both categories are getting small amounts of ILs don't expect much until next year based on current trends.  There might be some hope with the new bills proposed by Biden this month, so there is some potential for a major change in the coming months.  For people asking about Expedites, those are honestly hit or miss so you can try it but don't expect it to work just because others were successful.  For F2A folks I think your only hope is converting to IR1 once your spouse becomes a USC.

Thanks a lot for the update! It’s now taking longer to get an interview after being DQd than the total time it took for lotta us to get approved at USCIS and DQd 😆

Timeline
14 hours ago, Siddsgal said:

Thanks a lot for the update! It’s now taking longer to get an interview after being DQd than the total time it took for lotta us to get approved at USCIS and DQd 😆

yeah dude it's a struggle especially for us folks who were dq after after October 2020 the 2nd wave pushed us back by 9 months at least.

Timeline
22 hours ago, amegster said:

How can we join the telegram or facebook group?

I can't provide links sadly against visajourneys policy but "mvt vercel mumbai to USA visa group" put that in google you can probably get the telegram group for mumbai to usa visa group.  As for facebook group "K-1 and CR/IR-1 Visa Applicants of India" search that in facebook it has around 1.3k members and the telegram has around 1.1k.  The whatsapp group there are many and none of them are very informative they mostly get their information from facebook or telegram group.  If you join those 2 groups you will honestly have very accurate information on the current process for India specifically. 

Timeline
On 11/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, Hiren desai said:

how do i find out what are Mumbai Consulate is processing

There is an official site "Monthly Immigrant Visa Issuance Statistics" search for this and look for the official government website.  Has statistics for how many visas were approved on a monthly basis for every center in the world and for which category.  As for finding out around where the IL have reached you can also check this site and the groups where people share when they get IL and what their DQ is.  So it makes it very easy to know which month and date are receiving IL.  It has been impossible to predict the trends currently but the next batch of IL should be out in the coming week or the week after.  If I hear something I will let you guys know.  I still strongly recommend you guys get informed by joining the fb and telegram groups, I don't have nearly as much knowledge as some of the folks on there.

Timeline

Joined the thread. Got DQ'ed on 11.05.2021. Now waiting to get interview date. 

Meanwhile, does anyone know how do we figure out when does NVC sends the case to embassy and when does consulate in mumbai receive it?

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
I-130 (IR-1) TIMELINE [MUMBAI CONSULATE]
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC
06-06-2021 - Recevied NVC case no. - case entered into nvc's system

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee
07-05-2021 - IV & AOS documents submitted online

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

11-05-2021 - Case completed at NVC - DQ

03-31-2022 - Interview letter received

04-28-2022 - Interview date at mumbai embassy

Hello Everyone

Thanks so much for this amazing group. It's been so helpful.

I have applied for F2A visa earlier for my wife; now it's been documentarily qualified since August 2020 and waiting for Visa Interview at Bombay embassy since then.

I have became US citizen 6 weeks ago in Sept of 2021. I have uploaded to public inquiry of NVC to update them; but I have not received any reply yet from them regarding the change in category from F2A to IR1. Even in NVC website - CEAC account - it is showing F2A category. What should I do? It's hard to reach NVC and Bombay embassy through the phone call.

Thank you!

Timeline

what is the way to find out, when nvc sends the case to us embassy in bombay and when us embassy receives it?

Edited by kruz_patz

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee

07-19-2021 - received message from NVC about case can not be processed unless all civil documents are submitted (was missing police clearance)

08-12-2021 - submitted police clearance certificate - which was last document submitted to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am trying to understand the backlog here.

Before COVID19, every month they issued an average of 230 IR1 and CR1 visas. This is until Feb 2020.

From March 2020 through August 2020 they closed down the shop and issued none for these 6 months. According to this the backlog that is newly created due to COVID is around 230 multiplied by 6 which is 1380 visas. Say 1500 visas - (IR1 and CR1).

For Feb 2021 they issued 635 IR1 and CR1 visas and for March 2021 they issued 909 IR1 and CR1 visas which totals to 1544. This should have cleared the backlog created during the shutdown. 

All the remaining months in the post-COVID19 - Sept 2020 through Jan 2020 and April 2021 through Sept 2021, they issued an average of 236 visas per month. This is just like before COVID so everything levels out for these months.

The usual quota of 230 visas each for Feb 2021 and March 2021 is what is remaining. i.e. 460. 

This tells me that the current backlog is 460 visas plus whatever backlog they had before the COVID. 

If we were having 4 months backlog before COVID now it would be 4+2=6 months.

Please let me know if I am wrong in my calculations 🙂

33 minutes ago, BeHealthy said:

I am trying to understand the backlog here.

Before COVID19, every month they issued an average of 230 IR1 and CR1 visas. This is until Feb 2020.

From March 2020 through August 2020 they closed down the shop and issued none for these 6 months. According to this the backlog that is newly created due to COVID is around 230 multiplied by 6 which is 1380 visas. Say 1500 visas - (IR1 and CR1).

For Feb 2021 they issued 635 IR1 and CR1 visas and for March 2021 they issued 909 IR1 and CR1 visas which totals to 1544. This should have cleared the backlog created during the shutdown. 

All the remaining months in the post-COVID19 - Sept 2020 through Jan 2020 and April 2021 through Sept 2021, they issued an average of 236 visas per month. This is just like before COVID so everything levels out for these months.

The usual quota of 230 visas each for Feb 2021 and March 2021 is what is remaining. i.e. 460. 

This tells me that the current backlog is 460 visas plus whatever backlog they had before the COVID. 

If we were having 4 months backlog before COVID now it would be 4+2=6 months.

Please let me know if I am wrong in my calculations 🙂

Great analysis. Is there no way to find out what’s happening with Mumbai consulte from NVC or even from consulate? We then people need to have visibilities on this. It is not making any sense to me why people DQ in nov 2020 are served now and not moving further. While Mumbai consulate statistics says that they are issuing IR1 visas every month, who are they issuing visas to if they are not moving further from November 2020. This absolute make no sense what so ever. 

Timeline
On 11/10/2021 at 5:11 AM, ashish tailor said:

Great analysis. Is there no way to find out what’s happening with Mumbai consulte from NVC or even from consulate? We then people need to have visibilities on this. It is not making any sense to me why people DQ in nov 2020 are served now and not moving further. While Mumbai consulate statistics says that they are issuing IR1 visas every month, who are they issuing visas to if they are not moving further from November 2020. This absolute make no sense what so ever. 

I agree too. Since from past 2months oct and nov 2021 there has been no sign of IL. It’s like these two months got wasted and it’s adding upon the backlogs.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, ashish tailor said:

I missed taking into account the conversions from F2A to IR1/CR1.

We need one more month like march 2021!

Timeline

I think we all might just make it to that final push of IL's backlogs very soon. Praying hard!!!!!!

Atlanta, GA (MM-DD-YYYY)
07-02-2020 - I-130 SENT
06-01-2021 - APPROVED

NVC

06-08-2021 - AOS fee
06-08-2021 - IV fee

12 minutes ago, ashish tailor said:

43 minutes ago, kruz_patz said:

I think we all might just make it to that final push of IL's backlogs very soon. Praying hard!!!!!!

Here is the link I found which talks about backlogs for DQ at NVC and number of visa issuance. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visas-backlog.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.