Ladooz

Mumbai Consulate Interview - IR1/CR1

1,239 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

Can someone please tell me how long will it take for my spouse to get an interview at the Mumbai Embassy. I have CR1 Visa (Citizenship) and I have yet to get my DQ date but my USCIS Priority date is Oct 5, 2020. I would really appreciate it as this will help me figure out my plans for travel for future.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Alex123Smith123 said:

Hello,

Can someone please tell me how long will it take for my spouse to get an interview at the Mumbai Embassy. I have CR1 Visa (Citizenship) and I have yet to get my DQ date but my USCIS Priority date is Oct 5, 2020. I would really appreciate it as this will help me figure out my plans for travel for future.

Thanks in advance.

In fact I want to know this too. Thanks you for the post. 

Timeline
On 10/6/2021 at 8:38 AM, B and J said:

Current wait time is 1 year from document qualified date (DQ). Right now Mumbai is interviewing DQ dates as of Nov 2020 first week. Mumbai consulate is really slow now. It got slowed down due to Covid 2nd wave and recently their priority was student visas. Not much happening in immigrant visa category in the last several months. 

When you say "wait time", do you mean the time until the interview date, or the time until you hear back from the NVC that your interview is scheduled?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Alex123Smith123 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

27 minutes ago, B and J said:

It doesn't matter. NVC schedules interview date for the following month. Given it takes about an year to get the interview, schedule vs the interview date is almost the same, normally interview date is 2-4 weeks from NVC schedule date. NVC can schedule only after the consulate releasing interview slots.

Are you saying it is going to take another year or more?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, Alex123Smith123 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

What is your dq date? Because few people with Nov 2020 dq have gotten interviews only. My spouse PD is June 2020 and dq march 2021. We probably have another 4-5 months before interview.

I-90 Green Card Timeline

05/29/2014: Applied for I-90, Due to an Name Error.

06/12/2014: Biometrics Appointment

02/13/2015: Green Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

02/20/2015: Green Card Has Been Mailed.(Received Tracking Number)

02/23/2015: Green Card Received With Correct Name

N-400 Citizenship Timeline

07/05/2012 = Eligible to apply for Naturalization based on the 5-year rule (90-days rule applied)

01/11/2015 = Sent N-400 Packet (to Phoenix Lockbox Facility via USPS Certified Mail)

01/15/2015 = N-400 Packet Delivered

01/27/2015 = I-912 Approved

02/02/2015 = NOA1 Received (Priority Date 01/15/2015)

02/07/2015 = Biometrics Letter Received (Bio Set for 02/20/2015)

02/25/2015 = In Line for Interview

04/03/2015 = Interview Completed

--- = Oath Letter Received

04/15/2015 = Oath Ceremony!

I-130 Timeline

02/08/2020 - Married

06/02/2020 - Filed I-130 Online

06/02/2020 - NOA1 Received

07/01/2020 - Back to U.S from India 

01/11/2021 - NOA2 Received & Petition Approved

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just an update for folks who are not in the telegram or facebook group.  The process has been very slow these past few months due to student visas and then NIV visas.  Currently for IR1/CR1 folks DQ past november 10th 2020 are still waiting for IL, and F2A is still stuck in December 2019.  Both categories are getting small amounts of ILs don't expect much until next year based on current trends.  There might be some hope with the new bills proposed by Biden this month, so there is some potential for a major change in the coming months.  For people asking about Expedites, those are honestly hit or miss so you can try it but don't expect it to work just because others were successful.  For F2A folks I think your only hope is converting to IR1 once your spouse becomes a USC.

Timeline
On 10/8/2021 at 3:06 PM, Alex123Smith123 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Your USCIS date is irrelevant, what matters is your DQ, and honestly for IL after DQ for USC spouses it is taking more than a year now.  Based on current trends unless something changes you won't be getting anything until late 2022 or early 2023 if your DQ is in November or December.  However, be hopeful since covid lockdowns are no longer happening and there is talk of clearing the backlog more efficiently.  If you are lucky maybe you will get IL mid 2022.  November 2020 DQ folks are still waiting for IL and based on the number of visas issued it seems IR1/CR1 isn't a high priority for now.

34 minutes ago, Amrit Gurbir said:

Just an update for folks who are not in the telegram or facebook group.  The process has been very slow these past few months due to student visas and then NIV visas.  Currently for IR1/CR1 folks DQ past november 10th 2020 are still waiting for IL, and F2A is still stuck in December 2019.  Both categories are getting small amounts of ILs don't expect much until next year based on current trends.  There might be some hope with the new bills proposed by Biden this month, so there is some potential for a major change in the coming months.  For people asking about Expedites, those are honestly hit or miss so you can try it but don't expect it to work just because others were successful.  For F2A folks I think your only hope is converting to IR1 once your spouse becomes a USC.

Great update. Thank you. This is so unfortunate. Hopping it will get better in next few month, especially for IR category. 

Timeline
On 10/6/2021 at 11:38 AM, B and J said:

Current wait time is 1 year from document qualified date (DQ). Right now Mumbai is interviewing DQ dates as of Nov 2020 first week. Mumbai consulate is really slow now. It got slowed down due to Covid 2nd wave and recently their priority was student visas. Not much happening in immigrant visa category in the last several months. 

how do i find out what are Mumbai Consulate is processing

On 10/30/2021 at 10:40 PM, Amrit Gurbir said:

How can we join the telegram or facebook group?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.