laylalex

They look white but say they're black: a tiny town in Ohio wrestles with race

64 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

I never said they were released.

I didn't say you did! :D 

Who knows how Obama has identified himself on official documents? This whole thing reminds me of something my father says, from some old radio program I think, whenever we're hypothesizing about some known unknown.

ZUTzht3.gif

Back to this town -- it's interesting to see that the idea of identifying as being X when you appear to be Y is not limited to one particular subgroup, like "woke" people or whatever. I kind of think these are likely to be conservative voters, given where they are located. They're the kind of working class voters who were attracted to Trump. To me it indicates how bogus the whole concept of race really is. 

42 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I didn't say you did! :D 

Who knows how Obama has identified himself on official documents? This whole thing reminds me of something my father says, from some old radio program I think, whenever we're hypothesizing about some known unknown.

Self identity really isn't the important issue. My half black sister it turns out is identified on official documents as black, even though half black half white, because of her father's race, ignoring our mother. Some jurisdictions and organizations have since modified this for the sake of accuracy (for the better), but it's not really unknown when we know genetic traits and markers.. these things are actually vital (particularly in the case of health, genetic predisposition, etc), so whittling them down to this game of fantasy is harmful.

ZUTzht3.gif

Back to this town -- it's interesting to see that the idea of identifying as being X when you appear to be Y is not limited to one particular subgroup, like "woke" people or whatever. I kind of think these are likely to be conservative voters, given where they are located. They're the kind of working class voters who were attracted to Trump. To me it indicates how bogus the whole concept of race really is. 

"Woke" in the context used here is a social segmentation deriving from political views and acts (approaches/methods to particular topics). Segmentation is very popular and despite the politically correct (decent overlap with "woke") regularly turning their noses at it, not only do they do it (because its normal), but people, groups, and organizations trying to tailor services, products, etc. to them likewise have to generalize in order to segment, it's called efficiency. It would be a waste of resources and effort to broadly target every demographic for a social marketing program, say, aimed at increasing the rate of post-secondary degrees in urban black communities. Clearly they'd not target Malibu, being one of the whitest places in any urban part of CA, but in getting adequate racial data (and relying on the accuracy of it) they'd be more likely to target communities like Green Meadows. 

So no, people who segment and identify segments aren't "conservatives". When a differentiated product/service like an organic health food shop opens up, they recognize their target demographic isn't going to be the places with the lowest incomes, so they set up shop where incomes are higher, which has its own race data. Without accurate data, whether for good or bad reason, people would make far less informed choices. 

So it's not bogus, it just elicits a potentially uncomfortable discussion that many, particularly in a certain demographic, can't handle. Rest assured though, those functionally being useful in these circumstances can easily look past the uncomfortable nature of it, and understand that this culture of relativistic fantasy and pretend isn't useful whatsoever.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

To add, in the case of one of those white families saying they're black, the last "black" person in her lineage is like great great grandparents, one on each side, who are black. This represents something like 6-12% (an estimated average, could be lower or higher) of their DNA. Granted, it dwarfs Elizabeth Warren's 0.01% or lower native claims by miles, it might be good for them to get tested (for genetic predispositions associated with that demographic, but that's it), but these people clearly have some mental issues. Genetically, and visibly, they retain very little of the little black heritage they had. Breeding with white people diluted the genes their lineage once possessed. If race was such an unimportant thing, they'd not be so obsessed with it.

I grew up in an environment with people who weren't like me.. largely colorblind, never cared about the race of who I dated, made friends with, which is why dating mexican girls, having an asian wife (and half asian/white kids), aren't things I ever really thought much about until this SJW idiocy trying to turn us away from colorblindness. As a result, never before have I been more aware of being white, more aware of racial differences, and if I was a fraud or cultural pushover like many of the well-intending white wokesters, I'd likely believe this microaggression/privilege/racism nonsense and feel some exaggerated sense of white self-hatred and shame as well. And unfortunately because the segment that promotes this sort of lunacy has gotten more prominent since I got my first degree almost a decade and a half ago, it's actually led to the logical association of that segment (e.g. white millennial women) with mental health issues along with a litany of unwanted social attributes that makes a relationship of any kind with them far more burdensome than worth. 

If the idea is that multiculturalism is an asset, then we need to recognize and appreciate our differences, but more focus on the common things we share, which are more numerous and meaningful. Pretending that boys can be girls, white people can be black, doesn't further this at all.. it's clear the entire point of this is to be destructive, undermine, wedge, and isolate, and the end result is what we're gradually seeing a worsening of. Hence why I reject this.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Neat stuff. Of course, I'm not talking about Hawaii nor Obama's birth certificate, the latter explicitly stated already once before.

You said you didn't know where he was born, I was just helping you with the facts. Did you find out which documents stored our race information?

39 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

You said you didn't know where he was born, I was just helping you with the facts. Did you find out which documents stored our race information?

On 9/13/2020 at 1:59 PM, Burnt Reynolds said:

I'm sure you can utilize search engines or your imagination to figure out which documentation would list his race.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

You've already cited one, so, false. Now keep searching.

Then tie it off and show us the money oh ambassador of Quan.

I'm just laughing because Burnt is usually so verbose but today he's been positively Sphinx-like. (At least occasionally.) I know in the past I have accused Boiler as being like the Oracle at Delphi but I think he's got some new competition. :lol: 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Your claim is already false, and thanks to your own work. So what exactly is it I need to do?

Faux Socrates,  I thought so, you don't have a reference to a federal, state or local documents that define race universally.

Well there is always the US Census definition of race: https://www.census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html

And the PBS version of race: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/jefferson/mixed/onedrop.html

As the son of a half Mexican and in my younger years spending tons of time with my Mexican grandmother who only spoke spanish (she lived with US) and being immersed in Mexican Culture, and telenovelas,  I thought I was Mexican.  Man I was the whitest Mexican in school in central Phoenix.  (And my younger brother and sister are darker than me). But at high school, in the burbs, my teachers told me I couldn't be a Mexican.  And at college it was the other way around.  So I figured out I was a combo of Mexico, Ireland, Texas and Ohio.  My drinking holidays run from St Patrick's day thru Cinco de Drinko and back around ;)

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well