USAjune2016

USCIS launches SAVE feature today

85 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, USAjune2016 said:

This is called mutuality , I support you when you need help and you support me when I do. That’s how Humanity survived and  also animals or birds. 
How do you think insurance companies pay their claims and still make money. Mutuality!  If a US citizen need to sponsor a loved one they should be able to do so. I have no doubt if you calculate how much money legal immigrants generate to the system minus how much they take public means the result is definitely positive. 

I agree with you 100%. People who often support morally bankrupt policies do so because those policies don't impact them. I would not have an issue if my beneficiary were to become a ward, but I can still agree that an unexpected economic change(during a pandemic) could spell castarophy for others.  Thank you for  sharing your opinions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
20 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

That is absolutely untrue....."They" are insisting that new immigrants don't become a burden to other taxpayers.....period.....

So it’s ok if Current ones do but not New ones?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, USAjune2016 said:

This new feature targets legal  immigration If you agree or not  this what history will tell.

In my opinion, the new feature is designed to protect the American taxpayer...nothing more....nothing less.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Just now, Dougefresh56 said:

So it’s ok if Current ones do but not New ones?

I think the initiative applies to all active I-864s.....not just new ones.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Luckycuds said:

Wow I’m done- there’s no reasoning with some people and I’ll leave out my choice set of words. This post was created because someone felt it was wrong to finally enforce an enforceable document; pretty laughable to get upset with.  As a petitioner, you knew this was required to bring your family member over and if you couldn’t/wouldn’t/won’t abide by it then don’t sign it. There are two countries in every international relationship; so there is always another choice if you don’t want to abide by US immigration rules; no one is stuck. 

Then lets go ahead and require an I-864 before anyone in the US decides to bring a child into this country by giving birth. Let make sure they can afford the support that child and require them to sign a document that if their family comes on hard times they will not go on welfare or the sponsors will be sued by the government.

I mean they have a choice of having a child or not and they will know they are going to be required to sign this document and if they don't like it they can move to another country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
35 minutes ago, travusb said:

Then lets go ahead and require an I-864 before anyone in the US decides to bring a child into this country by giving birth. Let make sure they can afford the support that child and require them to sign a document that if their family comes on hard times they will not go on welfare or the sponsors will be sued by the government.

I mean they have a choice of having a child or not and they will know they are going to be required to sign this document and if they don't like it they can move to another country.

So you want a US citizen who has a biological child outside of the USA to require an I-864 even though the child would be a US citizen?  

Edited by gregcrs2

Timeline
2 minutes ago, gregcrs2 said:

So you want a US citizen who has a biological child outside of the USA to require an I-864 even though the child would be a US citizen?  

Nope just anyone in the US that wants to have a child should be vetted and agree to support that child even if they come on hard times.

I mean I wouldn't want to support someone else child with my tax money. I want to be able to say, "They knew what they were getting into when they signed that they would support that child."

I'm being sarcastic by the way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, travusb said:

Nope just anyone in the US that wants to have a child should be vetted and agree to support that child even if they come on hard times.

I mean I wouldn't want to support someone else child with my tax money. I want to be able to say, "They knew what they were getting into when they signed that they would support that child."

I'm being sarcastic by the way.

Don’t be sarcastic it makes absolute sense. 

I know a couple sho had two kids knowing they would go on Government assistance. So what’s the difference 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Dougefresh56 said:

Don’t be sarcastic it makes absolute sense. 

I know a couple sho had two kids knowing they would go on Government assistance. So what’s the difference 

I'm sarcastic because I used many public benefits growing up. I grew up in a single parent household and we didn't have very much money.

When I was in school I got free breakfast and lunch which is normally all I ate for the day. When my sisters became pregnant I got to eat at home because they were eligible for WIC.

Then after I graduated high school I received financial aid to go to college. Then I graduated with a degree in computer science and started work as a software engineer and since then I have paid more than enough taxes to pay back what I used.

So I don't mind helping people that need help as long as they do not abuse the system and I realize that  by helping someone that is down you might be able to help them rise above it and help make our country better.

1 hour ago, travusb said:

I'm sarcastic because I used many public benefits growing up. I grew up in a single parent household and we didn't have very much money.

When I was in school I got free breakfast and lunch which is normally all I ate for the day. When my sisters became pregnant I got to eat at home because they were eligible for WIC.

Then after I graduated high school I received financial aid to go to college. Then I graduated with a degree in computer science and started work as a software engineer and since then I have paid more than enough taxes to pay back what I used.

So I don't mind helping people that need help as long as they do not abuse the system and I realize that  by helping someone that is down you might be able to help them rise above it and help make our country better.

Wow, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your story is touching and inspiring. You must be a great person because no matter how life was tough on you still you never lost hope and you took the right path and here you are today advocating for others and supporting good causes. God bless you.

B1/B2 -->married USC---> I-130 + I-485 + I-765 :

Sent: 06/20/2016

Biometric: 07/20/2016

RFE: 09/01/2016

RFE reply sent: 10/31/16

EAD received:  11/15/2016

Interview 03/15/2017 APPROVED

ROC:

Package Delivered: 12/21/2018

Text and email with case # received: 12/26/2018 Vermont Service Center

Biometric app. 01/30/2019

Approved: 12/06/2019

Green Card received: 12/12/2019 ❤️📬

N400:

Submitted: 03/06/2020

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Yet another post politicizing this thread has been removed.  If this posting behavior continues, the thread will be locked.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 9/10/2020 at 7:36 PM, TBoneTX said:

[Moderator hat on]

A post politicizing the thread has been removed.  Use the Current Events forum for political observations.

Otherwise, participants here can disagree without being disagreeable toward each other.

Thanks for your awareness.

Can you explain how a thread about politics isn't inherently political? I've seen this happen more than once and I've always wondered why political posts aren't allowed in a thread about actual politics and policies.

9 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

Can you explain how a thread about politics isn't inherently political? I've seen this happen more than once and I've always wondered why political posts aren't allowed in a thread about actual politics and policies.

This thread is to relay the news and discuss it's impact on immigration. It's not for a discussion of the politics surrounding why it exists, what the political goals are, etc. That would fit into the Current Events forum whereas this is in the News forum.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Timeline

@USAjune2016 I understand what you are trying to say but there are parts you are overlooking... The welfare system (meaning snap/food, medicaid, tanf, etc) is funded by money collected through taxes. It can use both federal funds and local funds. Its a huge ordeal where they have budget meetings and decide how much $ goes to each program. Taxes are also used for roads, schools, etc. So somewhere someone has to decide how much money goes to each. Like when you get your paycheck and have to divide it to your bills and expenses each month. The government does that. They take all the taxes collected and divide it up to go to various programs based on where its needed and what they prioritize. They look at the population and the expected population growth. Population growth (for the upcoming year) does not include those currently immigrating as those people are prohibited from receiving benefits for the first 5 years but it can include those who immigrated 5 yrs ago as they now are eligible to receive benefits. Does that all make sense?

So if I had a tiny country with 100 citizens I would collect taxes to provide welfare benefits to my 100 citizens + 25 potential newborns each year. I would look at how many of my 125 citizens would potentially need aid based on present income and set aside enough to cover what I anticipate will be needed. Of course some people will feel there is too much aid being given and others will feel not enough is being given. Putting more money towards welfare means less money goes to other things like roads and infrastructure. Again, not everyone will be happy with the way the taxes are being divided up and used but luckily they can advocate for changes by voting in officials that share their viewpoints on these topics. Now my welfare fund was created based on the 125 citizens who may be in need and if my calculations were correct I should have enough money in the fund. If an immigrant immigrates to my tiny country I now have 126 residents which is a problem because my calculations only account for having to provide for 125. So I make a law that any new immigrant can not use the welfare benefits. If they want to immigrate to my tiny island country they need to be able to support themselves -or- one of the current citizens can agree to pay their way if needed. This ensures the immigrant wont be suffering. I cant cover their needs with my program (because I only have enough in it for the 125). I dont want to let them in and have them living in the street. So it makes sense to allow them in as long as someone is going to assume responsibility for them. 

Your argument or what you are taking issue with is the fact that you are paying taxes and its going to the fund for the 125 citizens to use and you dont care about the other 124 citizens. You only care about #126 because they are your relative- so you want your taxes to also help them and cant understand why the program cant support 126. You dont think its fair if someone can not afford to sponsor the immigrant. You believe the fund does have enough to cover them and since there would be now be 126 contributing there should be enough to cover 126. Logically that make sense but thats not how it works. Im sure you are aware of the huge deficits that currently exist. So going back to my tiny country- I collect   taxes from each resident. I have 150,000$. It has to be divided to pay for a variety of things. The amount needed for my welfare fund is calculated on needing to provide for 125. The amount needed for my school fund is based on the number of students I have. The amount needed for roads is based on the number of drivers I anticipate using the roads. The amount needed for providing clean water is based on the number of people using the water etc etc. I add up all the expenses needed and it ends up I need  250,000$ to provide everything but I only have 150,000. Now I have a deficit. There is no way I can alter the welfare fund to accommodate more people with out collecting more taxes or cutting money from other areas. Very few of my citizens support paying more taxes to increase welfare funds. Many citizens already feel too much is going to the welfare system, many feel its not enough as it is. You cant make everyone happy.  So because my welfare fund cant support #126 I require someone to sign an 864 saying they will help support #126. If it ends up that #126 takes welfare then I need to go and enforce the 864 that was signed to recoup the money back. 

Thats what this program is trying to do. A lot of money has been paid out in benefits that people had promised they would be responsible for repaying. Theres nothing wrong with making people do what they agreed to do. 

8 hours ago, Villanelle said:

@USAjune2016 I understand what you are trying to say but there are parts you are overlooking... The welfare system (meaning snap/food, medicaid, tanf, etc) is funded by money collected through taxes. It can use both federal funds and local funds. Its a huge ordeal where they have budget meetings and decide how much $ goes to each program. Taxes are also used for roads, schools, etc. So somewhere someone has to decide how much money goes to each. Like when you get your paycheck and have to divide it to your bills and expenses each month. The government does that. They take all the taxes collected and divide it up to go to various programs based on where its needed and what they prioritize. They look at the population and the expected population growth. Population growth (for the upcoming year) does not include those currently immigrating as those people are prohibited from receiving benefits for the first 5 years but it can include those who immigrated 5 yrs ago as they now are eligible to receive benefits. Does that all make sense?

So if I had a tiny country with 100 citizens I would collect taxes to provide welfare benefits to my 100 citizens + 25 potential newborns each year. I would look at how many of my 125 citizens would potentially need aid based on present income and set aside enough to cover what I anticipate will be needed. Of course some people will feel there is too much aid being given and others will feel not enough is being given. Putting more money towards welfare means less money goes to other things like roads and infrastructure. Again, not everyone will be happy with the way the taxes are being divided up and used but luckily they can advocate for changes by voting in officials that share their viewpoints on these topics. Now my welfare fund was created based on the 125 citizens who may be in need and if my calculations were correct I should have enough money in the fund. If an immigrant immigrates to my tiny country I now have 126 residents which is a problem because my calculations only account for having to provide for 125. So I make a law that any new immigrant can not use the welfare benefits. If they want to immigrate to my tiny island country they need to be able to support themselves -or- one of the current citizens can agree to pay their way if needed. This ensures the immigrant wont be suffering. I cant cover their needs with my program (because I only have enough in it for the 125). I dont want to let them in and have them living in the street. So it makes sense to allow them in as long as someone is going to assume responsibility for them. 

Your argument or what you are taking issue with is the fact that you are paying taxes and its going to the fund for the 125 citizens to use and you dont care about the other 124 citizens. You only care about #126 because they are your relative- so you want your taxes to also help them and cant understand why the program cant support 126. You dont think its fair if someone can not afford to sponsor the immigrant. You believe the fund does have enough to cover them and since there would be now be 126 contributing there should be enough to cover 126. Logically that make sense but thats not how it works. Im sure you are aware of the huge deficits that currently exist. So going back to my tiny country- I collect   taxes from each resident. I have 150,000$. It has to be divided to pay for a variety of things. The amount needed for my welfare fund is calculated on needing to provide for 125. The amount needed for my school fund is based on the number of students I have. The amount needed for roads is based on the number of drivers I anticipate using the roads. The amount needed for providing clean water is based on the number of people using the water etc etc. I add up all the expenses needed and it ends up I need  250,000$ to provide everything but I only have 150,000. Now I have a deficit. There is no way I can alter the welfare fund to accommodate more people with out collecting more taxes or cutting money from other areas. Very few of my citizens support paying more taxes to increase welfare funds. Many citizens already feel too much is going to the welfare system, many feel its not enough as it is. You cant make everyone happy.  So because my welfare fund cant support #126 I require someone to sign an 864 saying they will help support #126. If it ends up that #126 takes welfare then I need to go and enforce the 864 that was signed to recoup the money back. 

Thats what this program is trying to do. A lot of money has been paid out in benefits that people had promised they would be responsible for repaying. Theres nothing wrong with making people do what they agreed to do. 

So if we all leave this land and return it to the Native Americans would they be able to have what we all have now? I myself and almost every new immigrant I know are actually paying taxes and never requested public means.for example  If SAVE was active in 2016 maybe my spouse wouldn’t have signed my sponsorship and I wouldn’t be here and the system would have lost my contribution and this applies to every new legal immigrant I personally met here. Show me please one statistic of how much immigrants generate VS how much they request public means but don’t just show me how much benefits they request. In fact I personally only met US citizens by birth on unemployment or disability... in my opinion If we really want to fix the deficit problem legal Immigrants are the last we need to look at. The medical system is rigged, for instance my spouse had a food poisoning and she was admitted for exactly 2 hours in the ER, she was treated poorly and less then a third world country but her bill was 5000$ ( no ambulance) they only gave her 1 shot and the Dr. only spent 1 mins checking on her. Another thing would be the greedy pharmaceutical companies and their crazy pricing and lobbying . I also know people that quit their job bcz medicaid has 0 deductible while their expensive insurance through employers had a lot of copay. Let’s also not forget the giant companies paying zero taxes, the money we spend on other countries, illegal immigration and I can write ton of things that we all heard of. That’s where the root of the problem is. Let’s start there first before we start attacking immigrants. 

In general people that are getting married to US citizens are young adults, do you really believe that these people want to come here to request a food stamp or stay home all day? Go on the EAD forums see how they are so eager to get their work authorization to start their first job and become productive. Jobs mostly Americans don’t want to do. If one out of a thousand got sick I’m more than happy that my Tax money go to help him/her. This wouldn’t even make the cost of a sip of coffee when you compute the whole tax payers money. 
We can argue for a decade and we might never convince each others. It’s how you see things and the principles you were raised on. I look at things from out of the box and I don’t believe everything I hear and I’m also a Christian so I believe my God sacrificed his life to save others.. i also had problems with my sponsorship getting rejected At first. It was a Terrifying and traumatizing Experience that I would never ever wish on anyone else  so it’s really Impossible to change my mind about this particular topic. We’re just different people with all my respect to you. You’d be surprised if you know my political background but again I don’t follow anyone blindly. I might agree with them on a lot of things but that doesn’t mean they’re right in everything they say or do.

God bless you

B1/B2 -->married USC---> I-130 + I-485 + I-765 :

Sent: 06/20/2016

Biometric: 07/20/2016

RFE: 09/01/2016

RFE reply sent: 10/31/16

EAD received:  11/15/2016

Interview 03/15/2017 APPROVED

ROC:

Package Delivered: 12/21/2018

Text and email with case # received: 12/26/2018 Vermont Service Center

Biometric app. 01/30/2019

Approved: 12/06/2019

Green Card received: 12/12/2019 ❤️📬

N400:

Submitted: 03/06/2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.