2,966 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2020 at 8:59 AM, vawa2020 said:

gurl do you remember i told you that my lawyer sent my ead renewal to NBC and that whole drama lol I am still waiting to get that damn card! smdh. 

my ead is expiring in a few days, and i have the receipt for 180 days extension. but man this sucks axx.  

Do they send an ead c31 out automatically when it expires or do the applicant have to renew it?

13 minutes ago, Iceman1 said:

My advise to you would be don't go into much details on what your immigration status is. When they ask if you are eligible to work in the US. You say yes, and will you require sponsorship in the future just say No. I have done that for past few years and none of my employers have had any issues. None of the companies had any issues with my immigration status. I only have an EAD and still waiting for my GC. 

You're 💯 right @Iceman1. No much detail needed. Type of EAD is GC EAD. That's all they want to know. Apply to a different company if the one you're currently applying is asking for too much details. There are many fishes in the ocean. @A.DUBAI Goodluck!

Filed: Other Timeline
38 minutes ago, Iceman1 said:

My advise to you would be don't go into much details on what your immigration status is. When they ask if you are eligible to work in the US. You say yes, and will you require sponsorship in the future just say No. I have done that for past few years and none of my employers have had any issues. None of the companies had any issues with my immigration status. I only have an EAD and still waiting for my GC. 

@A.DUBAI exactly. you'll get a good job.

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I believe Sandra has assured you previously that if the tax return is very low, you do not need to bother...all you have to do is explain it away..you will not be penalized in any form. Your petition will still be approved.👍

I don’t remember that, I never asked this question here before. May I ask you what do you mean with “You do not need to bother”? Like I shouldn’t hand them over any tax document in this case? 

5 hours ago, Demise said:

Get a better lawyer because this one is a dumpster fire.

1. VAWA derivatives are able to adjust on the same terms as the principal, meaning that things like an EWI, overstay, illegal employment, possibly being a public charge, etc are not a factor. Unless your kids are criminals there's no apparent reason for why they'd be denied.

2. I-192 is outright the wrong form for three (!) reasons:

a. The form is used for non-immigrant visa waivers, I-601 is generally used for immigrant visa waivers

b. Overstay/EWI is not a factor in VAWA cases

c. The 10 year bar associated with overstaying only triggers if you depart the US and you're not an LPR. Even if you did depart, VAWA comes with a special provision that if you can connect the overstay to the abuse you can get it waived without needing anything aside a statement attached to the I-485.

3. USCIS agents are not supposed to ask about the details of the abuse. They may ask regarding the bona fides (i.e. whether the marriage was legit or not) if something's fishy but abuse part is solely the job of VSC. Yeah the lawyer can't stop but they can still interject, argue, and demand a manager or a different agent if the interview goes off the rails. As is you're basically paying just for the lawyer to sit there pretty.

Regarding the kid, if you cheated then this might cause some serious question into the bona fides of the marriage. If the kid was conceived after you two split up then you should be fine. The statute only really prohibits remarriage until the I-360 is approved, but nothing legally prevents you from sleeping with someone else in the meantime.

Thank you very much for you explaining. 

I received notice of interview on  9th, OCT and needed to find a doctor to do Medical exams for me children, it took me almost a day on last Friday. also made phone call to find few lawyer and meet/phone call consultation past 3days. there was not much time for me to looking for a better lawyer to regarding my case especially baby problem. so I needed decided one than none but she told me things like yesterday. 

I hopefully be lucky today. I have no words more thank put every thing in God's hands.  I hope friends of here get lawyer earlier than I do. I thought my case would be take longer even asked congressman's help but just one week part between notice made to interview. 

Thank you and wish the good luck to every one. 

Thank you so much ! 

4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Is this a paid attorney?😳 I'm trying to make sense of his purpose..looks like you're better off by yourself with a little confidence boost. Your interview is tomorrow? You reached out a little too late..I'll rather wish you well than bore you with legal jagons that will further leave you perplexed! Half of what your attorney is saying and suggesting is #######! I sincerely hope you're not paying! I overstayed myself..no issues at my interview! If they ask about the baby let them know when it happened..answer confidently but politely. I pray you get a humane officer who wouldn't want to stress you out. Yes they ideally aren't supposed to re-adjudicate the i360 as it's approved obviously but some do and when they do you can politely decline saying it brings back hurtful memories..but hey if it's something you can handle without breaking down..then answer. You sound rattled..I don't blame you for it..just be confident like I advised earlier. I wish you heaven's best hon!🙏🌹👍

Thank you for you kind words. I have no idea with this lawyer, she was talked okay with youngest one and I did paid how much she asked as$1,500 for interview only. I hired her on 13th and she said do prepare for interview on 14th, but nothing good talk just make me worried more. I lost my words for my wrong decision on choose this lawyer. 

I hope other friends from here to get earlier for interview after VAWA got approved. 

Thanks again. 

4 hours ago, GreenB said:

I don’t remember that, I never asked this question here before. May I ask you what do you mean with “You do not need to bother”? Like I shouldn’t hand them over any tax document in this case? 

Did you by any chance see all my responses to you? I quoted you multiple times so I believe you saw them..but not a problem, I'll explain as clearly as possible! The "you do not need to bother" comment/assurance stems from the fact that if you didn't file tax because you didn't work...then you do not need to bother! If you didn't file because your income was very low, then you do not need to bother! Bother here means worry! And I went ahead to say you will not be penalized for it! If you do have any tax documents with you..by all means take it with you to your interview yes..hand it to the officer! And most of all I wish you all the best!👍

3 hours ago, jacobamanda63 said:

Is it okay if showing emotional (like cry when IO asks abuse and feel very sad about it) on interview? My lawyer said I can cry if IO asked about abuse during my interview. I really cried when lawyer told me that my children not eligible to apply GC and they will get denied. 

Thank you every one. 

Sometimes we can't control our emotions as they overwhelm us..in that instant we become helpless..go ahead and let it out! But if you are able to get your emotions together even better! They want answers not emotions..not sure emotional display will bring any closure. I do not know the details of your case involving your children..you only reached out yesterday for the first time..for now just focus on your interview..remember being confident is a plus! May God go before you and make every crooked path straight, I pray you emerge victorious!🙏😊

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Did you by any chance see all my responses to you? I quoted you multiple times so I believe you saw them..but not a problem, I'll explain as clearly as possible! The "you do not need to bother" comment/assurance stems from the fact that if you didn't file tax because you didn't work...then you do not need to bother! If you didn't file because your income was very low, then you do not need to bother! Bother here means worry! And I went ahead to say you will not be penalized for it! If you do have any tax documents with you..by all means take it with you to your interview yes..hand it to the officer! And most of all I wish you all the best!👍

Yes of course I read all your responses. I’m sorry if I made it seem differently. I’m really just trying to clarify a few things before next week. I appreciate your patience and commitment here. Thank you for your good wishes :) ❤️🙏

Edited by GreenB

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, jacobamanda63 said:

Is it okay if showing emotional (like cry when IO asks abuse and feel very sad about it) on interview? My lawyer said I can cry if IO asked about abuse during my interview. I really cried when lawyer told me that my children not eligible to apply GC and they will get denied. 

Thank you every one. 

I know that revisiting abuse is emotional, but it has been my experience that most IO's so not care that you cry.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

I submitted i360 in July, 2020. I already had i485 pending since July, 2018. On September 25, 2020 I received a notice that my i485 was successfully transferred from NBC to VSC, which means Vawa Unit has my i485 now. 
Today I got a letter from NBC with the date of interview. First of all, NBC no longer has my i485. Second of all, my VAWA was never approved because I just submitted it a few months ago. What do I do? Why would they schedule interview if they don’t have my i485 anymore? My lawyer is saying we need to cancel the interview.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.