2,966 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, isurvived said:

I mean the differed action is good for about 15monrhs. I was approved Nov 2018

You are still able to renew your C31 EAD..I don't know if it was written only in mine or I'm mixing up another document in my head.. but it does say when you renew your C31, your deferred action status is renewed!..expired deferred action is rarely enforced like sandra said yesterday..when you have an approved vawa! Go ahead and renew!👍

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You are still able to renew your C31 EAD..I don't know if it was written only in mine or I'm mixing up another document in my head.. but it does say when you renew your C31, your deferred action status is renewed!..expired deferred action is rarely enforced like sandra said yesterday..when you have an approved vawa! Go ahead and renew!👍

Thanks @Stillwinning!!!😊 will do

1 hour ago, NeverGiveUp Nov17 said:

I am still waiting for my interview, it was scheduled back in April but due to the COVID-19 situation... got canceled... so now patiently waiting, my VAWA was approved May 2019, Filled Nov 2017

how about you?

@NeverGiveUp Nov17 Hi.. Well I file I360 I765 and AOS back in september 2018, vawa was approved in March 2020 receive my EAD C31, and received the courtesy letter for my medicals on July 2020. No further notifications or updated info on website... 

On 10/3/2020 at 4:27 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Well let's wait to see what they want..we're still here to point you in the right direction.😊👍

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊

Hello Sandra and Still winning:

So I finally received the RFE in the mail. They need additional evidences the I resided with the abuser besides the ones I submitted. They believe I did not move back and my primary residence was not with the abuser. This is due to the transactions that I had in our joint statements form out of state and having another residence in.different state due to a demanding job that requires to be onsite in away from my home state. Not sure how to handle this one

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, hopingwgrace said:

So I finally received the RFE in the mail. They need additional evidences the I resided with the abuser besides the ones I submitted. They believe I did not move back and my primary residence was not with the abuser. This is due to the transactions that I had in our joint statements form out of state and having another residence in.different state due to a demanding job that requires to be onsite in away from my home state. Not sure how to handle this one

What did you submit as first that you resided with your spouse ? 

15 minutes ago, hopingwgrace said:

So usually simple documents like mails addressed to both or one of you to your mutual residence, bills, lease/rent receipts would suffice... you could also get a letter from your landlord and neighbors...even friends and family that  visited you both and know for sure you lived together..I had same RFE and this is mostly how I addressed it! Also you should write a detailed affidavit addressing any disparity or inconsistencies in the previous evidence..i.e like the explanation of the living situation in different state and why.👍

5 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Just received this from my local congressman: 

USCIS records indicate that the petition in question requires an interview. Due to the uncertainty of the current COVID-19 situation, we are unable to provide him with a precise appointment date and time. Once a date becomes available, he will be scheduled and notified accordingly.

-Vawa approved March 2020

-July 2020 congressman notifed me that the local office received my file from Vermont

-NYC, Queens

so I guess I have to play a long waiting game, patiently waiting for this to be finalized once and for all..

I guess this is a standard Response. Same response I got from the Senator office. NYC Queens field office as well. VAWA approved early Jan 2019. Still waiting for interview.

2 minutes ago, hopingwgrace said:

Joint account back statements

Joint Health Insurance

Driver license (mine and the my ex with the same address)

Credit Card Statements (joint) and two affidavits mentioning I traveled to see my wife.

These documents had both your mutual address on them? I didn't have this much..some officers are harder to convince than others clearly! But hey take some tips from my response to your enquiry.😊👍

1 minute ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

These documents had both your mutual address on them? I didn't have this much..some officers are harder to convince than others clearly! But hey take some tips from my response to your enquiry.😊👍

i think the officer understood my intent to move was still in progress while being abused. I actually moved there but I still had my contract for work and lease in the other state before my intent. I could not find any job in my home state so I kept working and soon enough the relationship fell apart. I separated after 4 months of marriage. I also had death in the family in January.. It was crazy-times to line everything up.

Timeline
22 hours ago, DatMotorcycleRide said:

Hi everyone! Here comes a complicated question from me. I am thankful for any advice you might have!

Filed I-485 based on K1 in October 2019, got my EAD in January 2020, the AOS interview was scheduled for February 18th. Unfortunetly my husband has gone completely crazy once I got the EAD with AP and he realized that I might go home to Sweden for any amount of time and possibly share with my family how he abused me... so of course he abused me more so I couldn't go anywhere.. ehh. Rabbit hole, sorry! 

So on February 4th, the police helped me leave, on February 18th I went to USCIS alone, told them what happened and that I intend to file a VAWA petition. They told me that they will keep my case open and that I can keep the EAD for now. And then Covid hit, and it took me a while to battle the restraining order hearing while looking for a lawyer.. By June I had my case ready to send, with a lot of good evidence: pictures, pictures of the abuse, letter from the therapist, letter from two domestic violence organizations who has been helping me, letter from my restraining order pro-bono lawyer, police report, affidavits from friends and family, even from our neighbour. I felt really good about filing the case, only to get a letter from my local USCIS in San Jose, Ca, saying that they have recieved a request from my ex to close my case and decided to deny my I-485 and withdraw my EAD.... I replied within 30 days saying that I filed with Vermont Service Centre already, asked them to keep the I-485 open, but only silence back. 

The job that I had is still paying for my insurance even though i havent been working there since June, I fear they will stop soon and I am still in need of a lot of medical help for my arm that my husband broke. So I am freaking out that they are not answering, and they I am not getting my EAD back. Can I by any chance file for a new EAD based on my VAWA case now? My VAWA was filed in June 2020 without I-765 and without I-485 since I thought I still had both. 

Any ideas on what to do? Thank you for reading this far 💝

I was in a similar situation. My lawyer decided to file a new I-485, and I got a work permit under a new petition very quickly ( less than 2 months). That being said, USCIS didn't deny my previous I-485, they are both pending now. So, as a result I have two pending I-485s, no idea whether it's good or bad. I was able to renew the work permit under the new I-486 though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.