2,966 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Progress40 said:

Hello Guys,

I am supposed to travel with my Combo Card (EAD/AP) which expires next January  and I have mixed feelings about the trip. I really do not want to be stuck in my home country , not being able to return to the US because of the Entry Clearance Officer. Is there anyone that has travelled recently using AP. Please share you experience . Thank you.

I used it many times without any problem , I just came back from my home country 4 days ago .. the officer didn’t say anything . He only asked me where you coming from .. and for how long have you been there ? And then took my fingerprints and my photo and told me we need to verify your combo card in the secondary inspection room .. another officer took me and my passport to the secondary inspection room and then i was asked to sit until they call up my name .. 10 minutes they called my name and the officer gave me the passport Stamped with my card and told me With a smily face welcome back to the sates Please stay safe ! 

use it don’t worry about it .. but be sure you are not on a removing proceedings and you don’t have any criminal records ! 

1 minute ago, Fishy89 said:

I used it many times without any problem , I just came back from my home country 4 days ago .. the officer didn’t say anything . He only asked me where you coming from .. and for how long have you been there ? And then took my fingerprints and my photo and told me we need to verify your combo card in the secondary inspection room .. another officer took me and my passport to the secondary inspection room and then i was asked to sit until they call up my name .. 10 minutes they called my name and the officer gave me the passport Stamped with my card and told me With a smily face welcome back to the sates Please stay safe ! 

use it don’t worry about it .. but be sure you are not on a removing proceedings and you don’t have any criminal records ! 

Wow,  that's cool. Do you mind me asking what country you travelled to.? Also did you overstay your visa at point . I was out of status for almost a year at one point. 

Thank you.

Filed: Other Timeline
10 minutes ago, sandranj said:

As I said before you can use the C9 or C14. It's up to you.With  deferred action  the removal proceedings will not be initiated, but USCIS is not deporting people with a Vawa case approved anyway.

Thank you again @sandranj 

God bless all and wish us all patience 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Blunt said:

Yeah I will add the hotel receipt on our name ..there is a mistake on the spelling of her name ..instead of Melina ,they spelt melena but the last name was correct ..with the way that officer guy is acting I hope he don’t pick on that ..cuz he is looking for every little mistake to just delay my case !!! I will still write an affidavit to address that to ...may God not let us meet people who will always look for every  slight loophole in the journey of ones life 🤣🤣🤣

DO NOT share the person's name here, for your own safety!

2 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

The IO will let you know at the interview approved, need further information, or will need supervisor to review file.  The system will not update until IO finishes with your case.  It varies when you will know.  Sometimes it will be within an hour of your interview, later in the day, or one week or more.  

The card can take 2 weeks or more to receive it after you receive update of card production.

someone told me that on the same day as your interview, the Officer approved your adjustment of status.  I am worried because the officer did not give me a yes or a No. How long will I have to wait to know?  thank you all for your help!

4 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello everyone .. 

i need to renew my work authorization but my lawyer is asking for a lot of money .. can you please tell me how to do it by my self .. what’s are the documents needed .. and if there any fees ?? And address where i will send it ? 

thank you so much 🤍

Need some info first.

1.Did you apply for i-360 with i-485 and i-765 (c9)?

2. Did you pay the fees for i-485 or did you get a fee waiver ?

4 hours ago, Fishy89 said:

Hello everyone .. 

i need to renew my work authorization but my lawyer is asking for a lot of money .. can you please tell me how to do it by my self .. what’s are the documents needed .. and if there any fees ?? And address where i will send it ? 

thank you so much 🤍

For a C9 EAD:

There's no fees unless you had the filing fee for the I-485 waived. If you did either you need to pay the fee ($410, plus $575 if you optionally want advance parole) or get another fee waiver (form I-912).

What to submit?

Form I-765 (category code (c)(9))

Form I-131 (if you want advance parole to travel)

Copy of I-485 receipt notice

Copy front and back of the prior EAD

Filing fee or Form I-912 with evidence that your income is below 150% of the poverty line (if you had the filing fee for I-485 waived, if you paid for the I-485, both the I-765 and I-131 are free)

Send it all to Vermont Service Center:

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

If this is to renew a C31 EAD from VAWA then you only have to send in:

Form I-765 (category code (c)(31))

Copy of I-360 approval notice

Copy front and back of the previous EAD

$410 filing fee or I-912 for a fee waiver and evidence that you made less than 150% of the poverty line

to

USCIS Vermont Service Center

Attn: I-765

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, sandranj said:

As far I remember USCIS is asking prove of bonafide marriage and not about the abuse, then do not waste your time mentioning about the abuse if USCIS did not ask proof about the abuse. Describe your  COURTSHIP.

Tell to USCIS a  little bit about your life before your met your wife, if you were upbeat, happy etc, then mentioned how you met her, what you used to do while dating (movies, restaurants, parks, camping, traveling ?).Mention each important Holliday where you  you spent with he, r such as Valentine's Day, Christmas, New Year etc. Explain when and where she introduced you to her family and friends and vice versa. Mention if she spoke with your family and how many times, what did they talk about. Describe if you socialized with her friends and vice versa, where you met them and  how many times.If you travelled with her mention the places you visited with her, names of restaurants as well.

When did you tell your family about her, when did you tell your wife that you loved for the fist time.Mention if you talked to your family before you proposed to her, how did your family react, did they approve?. How was your relationship with her family, how many times you met them, when and where. Describe the proposal, mention if you bought a ring, how and where you proposed to her, how was her reaction. When did she tell her family that you proposed to her. Who attended the civil ceremony, if you had a party or dinner out with her parents mention where. Describe how you felt on your wedding day, what did she wear on the wedding day. Mention if you planned to have a big party in your Country later on o celebrate your marriage.Describe the weeding day, how you felt etc.How was your life with your wife after you got married, did you have good days with her? then mention about  those days.Mention if her family and friends went to your house after the wedding and how many times. How often you went out with your wife and where.

If you did not submit your mother's affidavit you should submit her affidavit.I don't know why many attorneys mention that the person should not submit affidavits from abroad.I submitted affidavits in ALL my cases. If you mom doesn't know about the abuse then she should mention just about courtship and wedding, but explain in your affidavit that your mother doesn't know about the abuse,but do not submit an affidavit of  your mom saying you were so happy  with your wife  because it will backfire you.

Thank you so much ..I will work firmly on this !!

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Angelica123 said:

someone told me that on the same day as your interview, the Officer approved your adjustment of status.  I am worried because the officer did not give me a yes or a No. How long will I have to wait to know?  thank you all for your help!

Don’t worry. If they don’t give you a decision on the spot, they inform you after. Now how long after, these days you can’t say. 
I have seen people get the answer by the time they reach home to about 2 months after 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

when was your interview? Also, how did it go? What did they ask you? 

Edited by dreamer1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
16 hours ago, Blunt said:

Please I would like to know what this officer means by the pics were taking as same place at same time ..what is he trying to come about here ..I dnt really understand ..is the officer trying to say that the pictures were not in different location !!

EF647A3B-922D-4C94-BCF9-D48B23AD5787.jpeg

Blunt, when I was submitting my VAWA case I wrote in details how I thought our marriage would be, my expectations on how things woud turn out well, how the wedding ceremony was beautiful, we were inlove etc. I had both my parents write affidavits saying that I was in-love, entered the marriage in a good faith, hoped to have kids soon etc. and then stating what they knew about the abuse that started happening later. So in other words any and all people in your circle who can write an affidavit on your marriage being real and your good intensions - should do it. It helps. Best of luck!

Timeline
8 hours ago, Ballerina said:

So looks like they issued my SSN/card and mailed it out over a month ago but I never got it. Now what? Reapply for it and my local office?

Try to inquire through this https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDCForm.do?sroPageType=ndc&entryPoint=init 

Good luck!

Timeline

Hi everyone! Here comes a complicated question from me. I am thankful for any advice you might have!

Filed I-485 based on K1 in October 2019, got my EAD in January 2020, the AOS interview was scheduled for February 18th. Unfortunetly my husband has gone completely crazy once I got the EAD with AP and he realized that I might go home to Sweden for any amount of time and possibly share with my family how he abused me... so of course he abused me more so I couldn't go anywhere.. ehh. Rabbit hole, sorry! 

So on February 4th, the police helped me leave, on February 18th I went to USCIS alone, told them what happened and that I intend to file a VAWA petition. They told me that they will keep my case open and that I can keep the EAD for now. And then Covid hit, and it took me a while to battle the restraining order hearing while looking for a lawyer.. By June I had my case ready to send, with a lot of good evidence: pictures, pictures of the abuse, letter from the therapist, letter from two domestic violence organizations who has been helping me, letter from my restraining order pro-bono lawyer, police report, affidavits from friends and family, even from our neighbour. I felt really good about filing the case, only to get a letter from my local USCIS in San Jose, Ca, saying that they have recieved a request from my ex to close my case and decided to deny my I-485 and withdraw my EAD.... I replied within 30 days saying that I filed with Vermont Service Centre already, asked them to keep the I-485 open, but only silence back. 

The job that I had is still paying for my insurance even though i havent been working there since June, I fear they will stop soon and I am still in need of a lot of medical help for my arm that my husband broke. So I am freaking out that they are not answering, and they I am not getting my EAD back. Can I by any chance file for a new EAD based on my VAWA case now? My VAWA was filed in June 2020 without I-765 and without I-485 since I thought I still had both. 

Any ideas on what to do? Thank you for reading this far 💝

15 minutes ago, DatMotorcycleRide said:

Hi everyone! Here comes a complicated question from me. I am thankful for any advice you might have!

Filed I-485 based on K1 in October 2019, got my EAD in January 2020, the AOS interview was scheduled for February 18th. Unfortunetly my husband has gone completely crazy once I got the EAD with AP and he realized that I might go home to Sweden for any amount of time and possibly share with my family how he abused me... so of course he abused me more so I couldn't go anywhere.. ehh. Rabbit hole, sorry! 

So on February 4th, the police helped me leave, on February 18th I went to USCIS alone, told them what happened and that I intend to file a VAWA petition. They told me that they will keep my case open and that I can keep the EAD for now. And then Covid hit, and it took me a while to battle the restraining order hearing while looking for a lawyer.. By June I had my case ready to send, with a lot of good evidence: pictures, pictures of the abuse, letter from the therapist, letter from two domestic violence organizations who has been helping me, letter from my restraining order pro-bono lawyer, police report, affidavits from friends and family, even from our neighbour. I felt really good about filing the case, only to get a letter from my local USCIS in San Jose, Ca, saying that they have recieved a request from my ex to close my case and decided to deny my I-485 and withdraw my EAD.... I replied within 30 days saying that I filed with Vermont Service Centre already, asked them to keep the I-485 open, but only silence back. 

The job that I had is still paying for my insurance even though i havent been working there since June, I fear they will stop soon and I am still in need of a lot of medical help for my arm that my husband broke. So I am freaking out that they are not answering, and they I am not getting my EAD back. Can I by any chance file for a new EAD based on my VAWA case now? My VAWA was filed in June 2020 without I-765 and without I-485 since I thought I still had both. 

Any ideas on what to do? Thank you for reading this far 💝

Wait for the others but I think you should file a new i485 now together with i765 and 131. Hopefully you already have your receipts for the VAWA so it can go with the forms.

Goodluck and stay safe

God bless always

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.