2,966 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Venting can be cathartic.  However, disparaging other VJ members by name is a violation of the site's Terms of Service.  One more instance by the member in question will certainy result in an enforced period of cooldown.

If there were a button for 1,000 upvotes, this post would get mine.

Blunt, your mood reminds me of what happened when the [censored] Guayaquil consulate hosed Mrs. T-B. out of her K-1 visa.

That was in 2008, our marriage is over, and I'm still spittin' mad at the consulate.

Unlike my situation then, you have ammunition.

-- You have an army of supporters here who are giving you usable advice.

-- You have an experienced VAWA attorney here who has told you how to proceed.

-- You already have a personal attorney who (if you both focus) can help you.

-- You know exactly what you need to provide:  overwhelm them with secondary/supplemental evidence.

In my day,  I had almost none of the above.

-- I had many supporters, but they had no idea how to proceed in substantive fashion.

-- I had to cast about for immigration attorneys... who either couldn't help or who gave drastically wrong advice.

-- I was on my own as to what to do.

-- I had very little idea of how to proceed amidst a closed, very opaque process.

From my intense, still very vivid memories of that time and that torment, I recommend that you perform some violent physical exercise to blow off your tension, for as long and for as many times as your body can take it.  Then, resolve that you're going to win because you're going to present a case that the adjudicator can't possibly reject.  Then present that case.

Oh wow this sounds like me in 2008 I myself did not know how to proceed and was given so much wrong advice from immigration attorneys, thank God for this group 🙏  helps alot of people 

Edited by Sharshar42

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Yes u can anything has both name even if a maket member as my lawyer told me and gym anything has both name and date just want to tell u what my lawyer told me 😂

Okay I will put it and let’s see ..We die here ..God will see us through.. but tbh there is more to life than green card !!! 🤣🤣

Timeline
4 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Are you kidding me? Stop clowning and add it to your evidence!😏 You play too much! Do yourself a favour try to lay your hands on as many other evidences as you can find..then come up with a very detailed affidavit that takes care of all the loose ends of the previous one. Treat it as your second and perhaps last chance! Don't mess this up!👍

Yeah I will add the hotel receipt on our name ..there is a mistake on the spelling of her name ..instead of Melina ,they spelt melena but the last name was correct ..with the way that officer guy is acting I hope he don’t pick on that ..cuz he is looking for every little mistake to just delay my case !!! I will still write an affidavit to address that to ...may God not let us meet people who will always look for every  slight loophole in the journey of ones life 🤣🤣🤣

Timeline
6 hours ago, Hritik Rohail said:

my thoughts to you --be very polite and write a new self affidavit explaining what you have, and if not what is the reason behind it Try to understand it is RFE not NOC! Most of us got Rfe at different stages.

Thanks I will look into it ..how did your own RFE go ?? What did they ask you ..did they ask you what you already submitted before ..sometimes their RFE is just uncalled for !!! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

Blunt, you do you 👍🏼😊 

Best wishes. 

Thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, Sharshar42 said:

Oh wow this sounds like me in 2008 I myself did not know how to proceed and was given so much wrong advice from immigration attorneys, thank God for this group 🙏  helps alot of people 

God that helped you will help me too !!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

Blunt your too much, you have me cracking up at 2:19 in the morning let me go sleep lol

But it’s what it is !!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣..

Timeline
15 hours ago, dreamer1 said:

No, they are not saying that all pictures are of same place. Read again with a calm mind.  What the officer is saying is the the picture prove you were together when the picture was taken... very different thing. 

yoh need to calm down a bit... go for a walk/run, clear your mind drink some nice tea and some food and then get to work

Please what is he trying to state there ,cuz this is what I can understand that the officer said ..he said the picture was in same place ..I think he is trying to say that he needs more pictures in different locations ..he said the photograph shows that me and my spouse were in same place at same time ..what does that mean ..I think the officer is trying to say that we dnt have different pictures in different place ,that they are all same place in the pic .. 892A82FB-2B47-4B05-95BB-AC5D3E57873D.thumb.jpeg.e233d025a6de7ee611e5a5f13ff9f266.jpeg

Timeline

Please I would like to know what this officer means by the pics were taking as same place at same time ..what is he trying to come about here ..I dnt really understand ..is the officer trying to say that the pictures were not in different location !!

EF647A3B-922D-4C94-BCF9-D48B23AD5787.jpeg

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Blunt said:

Please I would like to know what this officer means by the pics were taking as same place at same time ..what is he trying to come about here ..I dnt really understand ..is the officer trying to say that the pictures were not in different location !!

In same place at same time = the two of you were physically together when the picture was taken

VS 

WHAT YOU THINK HE IS SAYING: will be worded like : the pictures you submitted look to be taken at the same location and staged?? Something like that 

hope this clarifies.

what I did with my second affidavit was that I tied in the photographs with the story of our courtship. When I spoke about a concert we attended, I included a picture with caption below the picture saying “name of my spouse and me, xxx concert on yyy date”. Basically collaborate what you are saying in affidavit with pictures of people, place and things(gifts exchanged). 

also, why is your lawyer not explaining this to you? Did you ask him/her this question, other questions so that you can first understand what they are saying and avoid the agony you are putting yourself through

Edited by dreamer1

1 hour ago, Blunt said:

Look who's back! Lol😊 anyway the officer has acknowledged that the pictures are ok..not staged! But that it doesn't however give them insight into your true intention..like wether you married your spouse for immigration benefit! They further made it clear what they're asking...good faith marriage! And even listed how you can give them closure..so take advantage of that..get as many as you can...even resubmit what you previously have and explain in detail why they're the way they are (any inconsistency) and probably why you don't have more. You can also explain any errors like you pointed out earlier..on the receipts..etc. Just take advantage of this opportunity to overwhelm and serenade them with evidence like TBone TX advised! When you do all these, even if like you said..the officer is out to get you,😛 he'll have no choice than to let you go!😊👍 

15 hours ago, Godschild said:

Vawa family my day has come. I have been pacing around now for 3hrs. Okay, so I have an interview notice for Oct 26th.

My timeline for anyone who’s been tracking:

Initial I-130/485 Aug 2018

I-485 interview/placed on hold Feb 2019

Filed I-360 Jan 2019

I-360 approved July 2020

Card arrival Aug 2020

I-485 interview date Oct 26th.

Please pray for me.

good luck and prayers on your way

15 hours ago, MAYgirl said:

Hi everyone haven’t log in for a while now 

hope everyone is doing great and being safe 

Brooklyn New York filer 
approved September 12th 2018 

still waiting for and interview 

last update from Congresswoman was in July waiting for a date to become available. So still waiting  
plz keep safe 

NYC has a big backlog. We are in the same boat 

Timeline
1 hour ago, dreamer1 said:

In same place at same time = the two of you were physically together when the picture was taken

VS 

WHAT YOU THINK HE IS SAYING: will be worded like : the pictures you submitted look to be taken at the same location and staged?? Something like that 

hope this clarifies.

what I did with my second affidavit was that I tied in the photographs with the story of our courtship. When I spoke about a concert we attended, I included a picture with caption below the picture saying “name of my spouse and me, xxx concert on yyy date”. Basically collaborate what you are saying in affidavit with pictures of people, place and things(gifts exchanged). 

also, why is your lawyer not explaining this to you? Did you ask him/her this question, other questions so that you can first understand what they are saying and avoid the agony you are putting yourself through

I’m here trying to get my hand or the necessary documents and restrategizing ..I will be spending some weeks to package everything and put God first ..I will take much time to write the affidavit and address all necessary details there and my lawyer would also write something on his own part then I get like two witness about our relationship then I send it to them and be hopeful ..only God can save someone from some Uscis officer,I won’t stop believing some of them are too strict and mean 🤣🤣🤣🤣  but what wil be will be ..I will not relent ..didn’t sleep have been gathering all documents to send to them 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Look who's back! Lol😊 anyway the officer has acknowledged that the pictures are ok..not staged! But that it doesn't however give them insight into your true intention..like wether you married your spouse for immigration benefit! They further made it clear what they're asking...good faith marriage! And even listed how you can give them closure..so take advantage of that..get as many as you can...even resubmit what you previously have and explain in detail why they're the way they are (any inconsistency) and probably why you don't have more. You can also explain any errors like you pointed out earlier..on the receipts..etc. Just take advantage of this opportunity to overwhelm and serenade them with evidence like TBone TX advised! When you do all these, even if like you said..the officer is out to get you,😛 he'll have no choice than to let you go!😊👍 

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊..I dnt even know how your partner could treat someone like you like trash..you are way too selfless ..some people live crazy life and a depressed life cuz they take good people that came into their life for granted and never find someone like that again till they will leave the world ..you are too selfless and calm !! May God bless you !! You dnt be like one of those opportunist that come here to steal information and run away and never unleash theirs ..even despite the fact that you have collected your GC,you still help people ..Mehn people like you still make the world know that we still have good people ..you many not be perfect but you are the best trust me 🤣🤣🤣✌️✌️👍👍God bless you once again for your loyalist and sincerity..I always respect people like you a lot 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.