2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
10 minutes ago, isurvived said:

Hi all,

Β 

I have been stuck here for like 15months. My case was transferred June 2019. I'm loosing full time job opportunities cause of expiring EADs. Most companies require stability in employment authorization.Β 

Β 

Any ideas on what to do?

Screenshot_20201001-215559_Chrome.jpg

I totally hear you but unfortunately we can’t do much to push USCIS at the moment.COVID has caused delays in interviews.Β 
Β 

I just got a new position and HR ISΒ already asking me to keep them updated, my current EAD is valid till 6/2021Β 

Β 

I suppose, contact your congressman and do an inquiry if not already done. Show the HR that correspondence Β so they understand that things are in process. What do you do BTW? I can see how certain industries would be more reluctant with all this than others

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Yea... this is strange. I was just going through your posting history to get some background.Β 
Β 

your abuser is your Son correct? It seems like you don’t live with him anymore. This may have something to do with this situation, wait for Sandra, she will definitely give you her professional opinion.Β 
Β 

in the meantime, if you have a lawyer, contact them and there is no harm in contacting your congressman/senator to get info on this.Β 
Β 

I will do some research and try to find something that can put some light in thisΒ 

Β 

hangΒ in there xx

Omg you all are going to make me cry. With all the support and kind words. Yes the abuser is my son.. he still gets mail at my addressΒ and alot of things on file for him are under my address... idk where he is at...because he hasΒ a drug addiction .Β 

Thank you I feel much better. Im starting an email for my congressman.. this is what I have so far. I won't send it yet... let me know what you all thinkΒ 

Β 

Good morning xxxxxx or to whom this may concern.Β 

I hope all is well. We spoke a while back about the request to expedite my work permit. I now have my work permit .

I have come across an issue and I'm very stressed and worried about this. Please help me. All forms authorizing you all are attached.

Let me just explain a little. Im a victim of abuse and Im getting my green card through petition :I360 Vawa , which I basically self petition. Meaning I do not need my USA citizen abuser to get my green card. This is done to help victums get on their feet and not rely on the abuser.Β 

Info here : https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-vawa-self-petitioner

That special petition was approved. (Attached) Now all I have left is my interview for the green card.
The interview is only for me. My abuser is not allowed to go to it. Only I'm allowed because of the sensitivity of my case.

I check my online status and it saidΒ  " Case Was Updated To Show That No One Appeared for In-Person Processing On September 29, 2020, we requested that certain people associated with your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxx come to an appointment. No one came to the appointment, and this will significantly affect your case. "

Β 

But I never got a letter at all about this. I think USCIS is confused because this is a self petition.Β 

I was wondering if you could please reach out to one of the USCIS officers and have them explain who and why they are requesting for anyone besides me to go to the appointment. And to make sure my address is correct on file.

I have attached all receipts that I have gotten.

Thank you.

I look forward from hearing from you

- xxxx

Β 

Filed: Other Timeline
22 minutes ago, MariFD said:

Omg you all are going to make me cry. With all the support and kind words. Yes the abuser is my son.. he still gets mail at my addressΒ and alot of things on file for him are under my address... idk where he is at...because he hasΒ a drug addiction .Β 

Thank you I feel much better. Im starting an email for my congressman.. this is what I have so far. I won't send it yet... let me know what you all thinkΒ 

Β 

Good morning xxxxxx or to whom this may concern.Β 

I hope all is well. We spoke a while back about the request to expedite my work permit. I now have my work permit .

I have come across an issue and I'm very stressed and worried about this. Please help me. All forms authorizing you all are attached.

Let me just explain a little. Im a victim of abuse and Im getting my green card through petition :I360 Vawa , which I basically self petition. Meaning I do not need my USA citizen abuser to get my green card. This is done to help victums get on their feet and not rely on the abuser.Β 

Info here : https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-vawa-self-petitioner

That special petition was approved. (Attached) Now all I have left is my interview for the green card.
The interview is only for me. My abuser is not allowed to go to it. Only I'm allowed because of the sensitivity of my case.

I check my online status and it saidΒ  " Case Was Updated To Show That No One Appeared for In-Person Processing On September 29, 2020, we requested that certain people associated with your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxx come to an appointment. No one came to the appointment, and this will significantly affect your case. "

Β 

But I never got a letter at all about this. I think USCIS is confused because this is a self petition.Β 

I was wondering if you could please reach out to one of the USCIS officers and have them explain who and why they are requesting for anyone besides me to go to the appointment. And to make sure my address is correct on file.

I have attached all receipts that I have gotten.

Thank you.

I look forward from hearing from you

- xxxx

Β 

I thinkΒ it is fine.Β Β Just remove the line "I think USCIS is confused because this is a self petition" and write this instead: "My understanding is that as a battered patent of US Citizen, I am a self petitioner and therefore do not need my son to or another person for my adjustment of status."

Β 

Β 

7 hours ago, Gi Gi said:

Yes he did. He said he would hold it. I don’t think she knows much about the vawa situation. She’s an immigration lawyer but I don’t think she knows much about vawaΒ 

Many people don't, I thank God everyday that I came across this forum and you wonderful people honestly.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

So sad that after 20 months I was sent RFE...I don’t know what it’s in there ..but I know that I already sent my police report ,police clearance from my country ,joint bank statements ,joint life insurance..medical report about my injury I got from my wife ,statement of affidavit,and psychological evaluation stating my abuse from my wife ..I don’t know what else this people need from me ..I’m just weak right now but I know God is in control ..Uscis can be so funny sometimes ..I can’t wait to see what’s inside the rfe..I guess it might be more witness about the abuse ..or statement of affidavit ..I don’t know what else they want cuz I sent everything in ..they said I should be getting the rfe before on the 10th of September..that if I dnt get it I can reach out to them ..I just wanna get out of this whole immigration back and forth things ..it’s tiring and nerve wrecking ,though I dnt always really think about it ,I just do my best and what will be will be !!

11 hours ago, gurgen said:

Hi all, after asking help from Congressman, I've reached out toΒ the Senator(Kirsten Gillibrand) this time for my long waiting interview but received the same response from USCIS as I did through the Congressman.

Here's the copy of the response;

Β 

"Please be advised that USCIS records indicate that the application in question requires an interview. Due to the uncertainty of the current COVID-19 situation, we are unable to provide you with a precise appointment date and time. Once a date becomes available, you will be scheduled and notified accordingly."
Β 

As of today, it has been 21 months since my I-360 was approved(3rd of Jan 19). It's at least 5 months out of the poroccesing time. Don't know what else to do but wait. :(

Β 

Wish luck to everyone here on this long journey.

Where is your local field office?

10 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

This too shall pass..don't worry, the day draws near when you will look back and smile..I've read about a few people with this particular response indicating that they must go through with an interview..now I'm not sure how uscis determines what cases should be approved without interview and those that require one but whatever it is..the approval is waiting at the end!πŸ™ do not be distracted by the delay..delay is not denial..continue hanging on..stay prayerful. God is still on the throne!πŸ‘‘

Thank you dear so much you're so encouragingΒ πŸ˜‡

1 hour ago, Blunt said:

So sad that after 20 months I was sent RFE...I don’t know what it’s in there ..but I know that I already sent my police report ,police clearance from my country ,joint bank statements ,joint life insurance..medical report about my injury I got from my wife ,statement of affidavit,and psychological evaluation stating my abuse from my wife ..I don’t know what else this people need from me ..I’m just weak right now but I know God is in control ..Uscis can be so funny sometimes ..I can’t wait to see what’s inside the rfe..I guess it might be more witness about the abuse ..or statement of affidavit ..I don’t know what else they want cuz I sent everything in ..they said I should be getting the rfe before on the 10th of September..that if I dnt get it I can reach out to them ..I just wanna get out of this whole immigration back and forth things ..it’s tiring and nerve wrecking ,though I dnt always really think about it ,I just do my best and what will be will be !!

I'm same thing get RFE after 26 monthsΒ 

Getting me super worried

6 hours ago, isurvived said:

Hi all,

Β 

I have been stuck here for like 15months. My case was transferred June 2019. I'm loosing full time job opportunities cause of expiring EADs. Most companies require stability in employment authorization.Β 

Β 

Any ideas on what to do?

Screenshot_20201001-215559_Chrome.jpg

You might likely get approved without an interview! Pray pray pray!πŸ™πŸ™πŸ˜Š

2 hours ago, Wolf2020 said:

Getting me super worried

Are you serious? After 26 months?😳 you guys should calm down..I got an rfe at 18months I was crushed too..it's all over now..it certainly will come to an end for you guys too..hang in there!πŸ’πŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸ˜Š @BluntΒ @Wolf2020

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, Wolf2020 said:

Getting me super worried

I don’t even know what it’s coming ..cuz I sent almost everything to them in the first place ..but we are in it together ..I still thank God for giving me the opportunity and grace to be able to fight this battle and i know God will see me through..i wasn’t too feeling comfortable when I saw it but I know God is in control !!Β 

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Are you serious? After 26 months?😳 you guys should calm down..I got an rfe at 18months I was crushed too..it's all over now..it certainly will come to an end for you guys too..hang in there!πŸ’πŸŒΌπŸŒΈπŸŒ»πŸŒΊπŸŒΉπŸ˜Š @BluntΒ @Wolf2020

What did they send you in your rfe ?? I can’t wait to get the rfe and see what’s there ..I pray God show me mercy !!Β 

2 hours ago, Blunt said:

I don’t even know what it’s coming ..cuz I sent almost everything to them in the first place ..but we are in it together ..I still thank God for giving me the opportunity and grace to be able to fight this battle and i know God will see me through..i wasn’t too feeling comfortable when I saw it but I know God is in control !!Β 

What did they send you in your rfe ?? I can’t wait to get the rfe and see what’s there ..I pray God show me mercy !!Β 

Yes God is in control! To be fair the rfe I was asked for were evidences my attorney overlooked and didn't include initially..Shared residence, good moral character and bona fide marriage. It was when I found this community I knew I (removed)Β up!πŸ™ŠI told my attorney we were supposed to have submitted so so and so...attorney said that's not true..blah blah blah..until I was hit with the rfe..my spirit sank some more..totally broken..but then HE makes a way through the ocean..and a path through the mighty waters!!πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Edited by Unlockable
Language

*** One post edited for using inappropriate language.

VJ Mod

β€œWhen starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.