2,966 posts in this topic

Hello, 

1. If an I360 was filed in September 2019 (currently pending), with pending marriage based i485 and approved i130, is the priority date going to be the i130 priority date instead of i360's? We had requested USCIS to use pending i485 while filing for i360? If the priority date for i130 can be used, do we use the i130 PD for uscis processing time reference for VAWA or the day i360 was filed?

2. EAD/AP was not filed for marriage based i485. Can this still be filed for pending i360? Can the applicant travel after receiving the combo card with pending i360 and pending marriage based i485?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@Stillwinning!!!😊 hey hun is there a lawyer on here I can tag. My friend introduced me to a lawyer and she’s telling me that I have to do a new adjustment status even though I had one pending under my husbands petition. My I-360 and then I-130 was approved then my last letter said they are gonna send em a request for medical to move on. If they weren’t using the same adjustment form why would they send me that letter last that they need the medical. 

2 minutes ago, RD31 said:

Hello, 

1. If an I360 was filed in September 2019 (currently pending), with pending marriage based i485 and approved i130, is the priority date going to be the i130 priority date instead of i360's? We had requested USCIS to use pending i485 while filing for i360? If the priority date for i130 can be used, do we use the i130 PD for uscis processing time reference for VAWA or the day i360 was filed?

2. EAD/AP was not filed for marriage based i485. Can this still be filed for pending i360? Can the applicant travel after receiving the combo card with pending i360 and pending marriage based i485?

The priority date is that of the i-130. For i360, the receipt date is what you use. If you didn't initially file EAD/AP(CO9), you can still go ahead and file and will be able to travel freely with a pending i360  as long as you're not in removal proceedings, didn't file asylum and no criminal charges..😊👍

2 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 hey hun is there a lawyer on here I can tag. My friend introduced me to a lawyer and she’s telling me that I have to do a new adjustment status even though I had one pending under my husbands petition. My I-360 and then I-130 was approved then my last letter said they are gonna send em a request for medical to move on. If they weren’t using the same adjustment form why would they send me that letter last that they need the medical. 

You wouldn't need to go as far as tagging anyone since it's pretty simple..your i485 is linked to your i360. Pay your friend no mind..only in this regard..lol. Okay so what was the attorney's justification for suggesting you file a fresh i485? Didn't you ask uscis to hold the i485 pending i360 approval? If you did then you have no problems here!👍

Timeline

Yes he did. He said he would hold it. I don’t think she knows much about the vawa situation. She’s an immigration lawyer but I don’t think she knows much about vawa 

22 minutes ago, Gi Gi said:

Yes he did. He said he would hold it. I don’t think she knows much about the vawa situation. She’s an immigration lawyer but I don’t think she knows much about vawa 

That's just it...not many attorneys know much about vawa..so there you go..you're good!👍

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

That's just it...not many attorneys know much about vawa..so there you go..you're good!👍

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊😘😘😘

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey everyone. I'm freaking out. I saw this update. I never got a letter about this.

Can anyone help me. @sandranj i know you are a lawyer. If you have a moment. 

Why would they request for someone to go to an appointment? I think I should write to my senator. 

Screenshot_20201001-184212_Chrome.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline
3 minutes ago, MariFD said:

Hey everyone. I'm freaking out. I saw this update. I never got a letter about this.

Why would they request for someone to go to an appointment? I think I should write to my senator. 

Hey... first up, take a deep breath. 

now, can you tell us: 

1. Is your 360 approved or pending? 
if pending, don’t fret, you can always apply for a new 485 if needed 

2. do you have a lawyer? 

3. Anything else that is relevant in your situation 

9 minutes ago, MariFD said:

I hope someone who has experienced this explains this. Be calm dear, i hope all will be well

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dreamer1 said:

Hey... first up, take a deep breath. 

now, can you tell us: 

1. Is your 360 approved or pending? 
if pending, don’t fret, you can always apply for a new 485 if needed 

2. do you have a lawyer? 

3. Anything else that is relevant in your situation 

Yes my VAWA is approved already. Im sorry its just that I kept checking my online case status and mail and nothing came. I did change my address but I did a change of address and it was updated.... i know it was because I got my work permit in my new address.... and all new mail ... telling me they need medicals... what I dont get is who were they wanting to go to the appointment? 

Filed: Other Timeline
2 minutes ago, MariFD said:

Yes my VAWA is approved already. Im sorry its just that I kept checking my online case status and mail and nothing came. I did change my address but I did a change of address and it was updated.... i know it was because I got my work permit in my new address.... and all new mail ... telling me they need medicals... what I dont get is who were they wanting to go to the appointment? 

Yea... this is strange. I was just going through your posting history to get some background. 

your abuser is your Son correct? It seems like you don’t live with him anymore. This may have something to do with this situation, wait for Sandra, she will definitely give you her professional opinion. 

in the meantime, if you have a lawyer, contact them and there is no harm in contacting your congressman/senator to get info on this. 

I will do some research and try to find something that can put some light in this 

hang in there xx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.