2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/24/2020 at 3:02 PM, Motherofchaos said:

but that's my problem. he got medical seperated like 2 months ago but on his military orders which we also sent to the embassy is the end of his orders in germany the year 2021.  what is the smartest solution? VAWA and risk ot or keep going with the normal I 130?

Don't come to the U.S to file VAWA.If you tell the immigration that you are visiting the U.S and soon after you filed VAWA you will have a problem with them, a big one.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Koky18 said:

Hello everyone 

can anyone help me in my situation ! 
iam February 2018 filler ..i have been waiting for a long time and my case is pending security checks ! 
Now i have some changes in my life ! 
i met someone and we loved each other and iam pregnant now .. but we are not married we are only in a relationship ! 
Could this relationship and my pregnancy affect my case ?? 
Please help @sandranj

Thank you in advance .. god bless !

If you get married before VAWA approval the USCIS will deny your I-485.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Koky18 said:

Thank you ! Do they check marriage records in other countries ? Because my boy friend told me we can marry in my home country  

Seriously?  You want to commit fraud to get a green card?  You want to hide your marriage to obtain an immigration benefit that you would not be entitled to?  

14 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Seriously?  You want to commit fraud to get a green card?  You want to hide your marriage to obtain an immigration benefit that you would not be entitled to?  

Ok listen ! Iam asking a lawyer in this forum who is here to help us and give everyone her opinion And correct any wrong information or thought we might have because we are not immigration lawyers !! If she replied to me and said this is fraud , i won’t make it ! That’s why iam asking 

you don’t know me you don’t know how much i suffered from my abusive relationship .. so please don’t be judgmental ! And take your time first to understand people before attacking them ! 

1 hour ago, Koky18 said:

Thank you ! Do they check marriage records in other countries ? Because my boy friend told me we can marry in my home country  

As far as i know they don’t really check marriage records in other countries , BUT be careful they may figure it out latter .. and if you mean marriage outside the states doesn’t count as a marriage that disqualifies you .. not i counts as a marriage dear .. take a deep breath iam a Feb 2018 filler too and iam waiting .. we will make it soon dear .. just wait until you get your approval and best of luck 😊 

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, Koky18 said:

I don't think they do that, but why risk it? You don't want to do anything that can come back and bite you in the back. Just be patient and wait till you are done with this process. 

5 hours ago, Koky18 said:

Hello everyone 

can anyone help me in my situation ! 
iam February 2018 filler ..i have been waiting for a long time and my case is pending security checks ! 
Now i have some changes in my life ! 
i met someone and we loved each other and iam pregnant now .. but we are not married we are only in a relationship ! 
Could this relationship and my pregnancy affect my case ?? 
Please help @sandranj

Thank you in advance .. god bless !

4 hours ago, Koky18 said:

Thank you so much .. my question now is .. can my pregnancy affect my Green card ? I mean i should declare it ? Or what should i do ? 
iam really confused 

I filed for divorce April 2016, had my daughter Oct 2016 ( not for my ex husband) and filed vawa in 2018 and got approved, don't worry you'll be good.

3 hours ago, Koky18 said:

What? Don't do that thats a 👎 👎 they would find out. I read in this same forum where someone received an RFE to show divorce certificates from there pervious marriage in there home country, all am saying is just be careful i don't want you to reach this far and then this stop you from getting your greencard in hand.

Edited by Sharshar42

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Sharshar42 said:

What? Don't do that thats a 👎 👎 they would find out. I read in this same forum where someone received an RFE to show divorce certificates from there pervious marriage in there home country, all am saying is just be careful i don't want you to reach this far and then this stop you from getting your greencard in 

1 minute ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello folks, I am August, 2018 filler but no approval yet. My prima facie expired on September 26, 2020 and I got another 6 months yesterday (9/29/2020) instead of approval ( By God grace) . I've wrote my Senator about my application and I called his office but his staff told me that they will get back to me if anything come up. Please what can I do now ?  OR

What steps can I take  ? I need help please 

Edited by i-need-help-pls

2 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

What? Don't do that thats a 👎 👎 they would find out. I read in this same forum where someone received an RFE to show divorce certificates from there pervious marriage in there home country, all am saying is just be careful i don't want you to reach this far and then this stop you from getting your greencard in hand.

Great and sensible advice..those who have ears let them hear!👍

1 hour ago, i-need-help-pls said:

Hello folks, I am August, 2018 filler but no approval yet. My prima facie expired on September 26, 2020 and I got another 6 months yesterday (9/29/2020) instead of approval ( By God grace) . I've wrote my Senator about my application and I called his office but his staff told me that they will get back to me if anything come up. Please what can I do now ?  OR

What steps can I take  ? I need help please 

Be patient..uscis sent you a prima facie because they haven't reached a conclusion on your case..they didn't forget about your case hence the prima facie! Also your congressperson is on it too..it may sound too cliche but you just gotta wait!💁

Filed: Other Timeline
21 hours ago, luminarc said:

Guys, sorry to disturb you, y'all know I'm impatient and I overthink, so yesterday it said my i765 new card is being produced, but today it changed to case has been approved, so I don't know what to think, isn't case supposed to be approved before new card is being produced? 

Congratulations! Case has been approved is good news.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.