2,966 posts in this topic

Dear VJ family can someone please advice me where I can get a temp let for a letter to the USCIS local office I just want to inquire about my AOS. I asked my lawyer if she can do the inquiry and she told me that my matter is not urgent and there is no point of doing it since she contacted them last year I have to just wait. And should I send my letter to the local office or to the NVC my vawa case was proved so I’m just waiting on my AOS interview thank you ❤️❤️❤️

53 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Dear VJ family can someone please advice me where I can get a temp let for a letter to the USCIS local office I just want to inquire about my AOS. I asked my lawyer if she can do the inquiry and she told me that my matter is not urgent and there is no point of doing it since she contacted them last year I have to just wait. And should I send my letter to the local office or to the NVC my vawa case was proved so I’m just waiting on my AOS interview thank you ❤️❤️❤️

You can contact your congressman to inquire about the status of your AOS

8 hours ago, LongFlight said:

I sure will! When did your i360 got approved? Is getting I-693 deficeny notice for medical means my i485 case already in local office? Thanks

My I-360 was approved on July and I’ve asked my lawyer to follow up. He inquired and got an email back that my case was in the local office in Queens  since April 2020 🤷🏽‍♀️. So, IMO yes it’s in the local office now. 
Two days ago, my lawyer sent a mail to inquire (USCIS-Queens) and I sent an email to Sen. Schumer’s office. Whatever it takes to speed it up. I’m doing whatever I can right now. It doesn’t hurt anyways. 

Edited by Optimistic1986

31 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Oh boy.. So look this.. They return my i765 renewal of c31 because i sent the "old" form, but also money order... Why ?

20201119_180142~4.jpg

Alright they pointed out you need to use the appropriate/updated form. Also for the amount..I believe it's in excess...the right amount should be $410 I think. Except it's changed..I never got a chance to renew C31..but I believe it's $410.👍

9 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Alright they pointed out you need to use the appropriate/updated form. Also for the amount..I believe it's in excess...the right amount should be $410 I think. Except it's changed..I never got a chance to renew C31..but I believe it's $410.👍

That is so weird why they said fee was no need it?omg that is so extrange... That somene else apens the same thing that you know? Also if the fee is incorrect they would put it on the notice right?

16 minutes ago, Ylx said:

That is so weird why they said fee was no need it?omg that is so extrange... That somene else apens the same thing that you know? Also if the fee is incorrect they would put it on the notice right?

Rejections are basically done by checking a box to generate the rejection letter and intake employees aren't really the sharpest knives in the drawer. My guess is that someone checked the wrong box ("Fee not needed" rather than "Wrong amount"). This unfortunately happens with USCIS during fee changes (especially if blocked by a court) because they cannot give a partial refund and cannot partially deposit a check or money order. The new rule said $550 overall, you paid it, injunction happened, fee dropped back to $410, so they bounced it back for among other reasons wrong payment amount.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

24 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Don't worry about what was said..just focus on what you need to do..which is use the updated form..and pay the exact amount! It's gonna be alright..you will be alright!😊👍

26 minutes ago, Ylx said:

And yes it happens alot if the amout is over or under..it just has to be exact!💁

8 hours ago, Sumar9909 said:

Its my C09 and yes I got the initial receipt after sending in the renewal application. The receipt had the 180 days extension on it. My form was approved and I was sent the ead card which I now have in my hand. I still can't believe that it came so quickly 

Honestly I can understand it happening pretty quickly for 3 reasons:

1. VAWA associated EADs (C09, C14, and C31) go directly to VSC and to the Humanitarian Team (VAWA, T, U). Don't know what their workload is, but it could be lower than most other teams considering the very limited subject matter jurisdiction and requirements for qualified staff to handle I-360, I-914, and I-918 applications.

2. C09 approval is just a rubber stamp. Do you have a I-485 pending? Yes. Do we have biometrics on file? Yes. Okay, approved.

3. It would make sense to prioritize the easiest cases to get them out of the queue.

Edited by Demise

4 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

My I-360 was approved on July and I’ve asked my lawyer to follow up. He inquired and got an email back that my case was in the local office in Queens  since April 2020 🤷🏽‍♀️. So, IMO yes it’s in the local office now. 
Two days ago, my lawyer sent a mail to inquire (USCIS-Queens) and I sent an email to Sen. Schumer’s office. Whatever it takes to speed it up. I’m doing whatever I can right now. It doesn’t hurt anyways. 

I am not sure about how to reach senator etc but I feel like it is too early for me anyways since I just got approved right?

8 minutes ago, LongFlight said:

I am not sure about how to reach senator etc but I feel like it is too early for me anyways since I just got approved right?

Google your state, find who your senators are, find their senate page, look for a help or contact section. If you want I can find this info for you but I need to know which state you're in.

Honestly there's no harm in having them inquire on your behalf. Worst case scenario USCIS will just say "We're working on it, please get lost", you won't get denied in retaliation or anything of the sort, USCIS both gets thousands of these inquiries every week and they're held to a certain professional standard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.