2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

Please house I have one big problem in my life is always losing important documents ,I just lost my original RFE document that my lawyer gave to me to send back with me RFE response..I want to ask if I can send the RFE with the scanned copy of the RFE he sent to me ..I am so mad with myself right now ..I canโ€™t just say this is how i lost it cause I kept it in my bag ...

Filed: Timeline
23 minutes ago, Blunt said:

Please house I have one big problem in my life is always losing important documents ,I just lost my original RFE document that my lawyer gave to me to send back with me RFE response..I want to ask if I can send the RFE with the scanned copy of the RFE he sent to me ..I am so mad with myself right now ..I canโ€™t just say this is how i lost it cause I kept it in my bag ...

First, why are you the one sending the package? That's his job, because he has to go through the RFE package before sending it. Unless I misunderstood you.

ย 

Demise said if your options are a print out or nothing, you go for print out.ย 

ย 

Funny thing is, you will find it when you don't need it. That's what happens.ย 

You've been staying positive so far, don't let this put you down.ย 

54 minutes ago, Blunt said:

Now that you pointed it out yourself, try to be more careful with your stuffs. That said, go ahead and send the scanned copy. Even if you find it later..you wouldn'tย need it for anything! Best of luck!๐Ÿ‘

1 hour ago, Blunt said:

I donโ€™t see why not?ย 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Restez Forts said:

First, why are you the one sending the package? That's his job, because he has to go through the RFE package before sending it. Unless I misunderstood you.

ย 

Demise said if your options are a print out or nothing, you go for print out.ย 

ย 

Funny thing is, you will find it when you don't need it. That's what happens.ย 

You've been staying positive so far, don't let this put you down.ย 

Thanks so much ,I was just confused that I canโ€™t find it ,I dnt know how I misplaced it ,itโ€™s too many documents that am handling ,I think thatโ€™s why I misplaced it ..am just gonna go ahead and send it with the scanned one the lawyer initially sent to me ..you know it can be so frustrating when you canโ€™t find what you kept in your bag ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ,and I was having the mindset that I still have it In my bag ..thanks so much for responding to my post ,still on my positive vibe and hoping for the best,was just mad that I canโ€™t find what I still saw in my bag on Sunday ..lol ..

1 hour ago, ่ฅฟ่‹‘ไบŒๆฅผ said:

I donโ€™t see why not?ย 

I hope so ..will send it and back it up with prayer and my usual positive mindset as ever ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Now that you pointed it out yourself, try to be more careful with your stuffs. That said, go ahead and send the scanned copy. Even if you find it later..you wouldn'tย need it for anything! Best of luck!๐Ÿ‘

Yeah @Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Šam a very carefree person ,thatโ€™s my problem ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ,i always lost things easily ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ..am even tired of myself on that aspect..thatโ€™s how I lost my wallet last year ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ,I felt like beating up myself ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ,

1 minute ago, Blunt said:

Thanks so much ,I was just confused that I canโ€™t find it ,I dnt know how I misplaced it ,itโ€™s too many documents that am handling ,I think thatโ€™s why I misplaced it ..am just gonna go ahead and send it with the scanned one the lawyer initially sent to me ..you know it can be so frustrating when you canโ€™t find what you kept in your bag ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ,and I was having the mindset that I still have it In my bag ..thanks so much for responding to my post ,still on my positive vibe and hoping for the best,was just mad that I canโ€™t find what I still saw in my bag on Sunday ..lol ..

I hope so ..will send it and back it up with prayer and my usual positive mindset as ever ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I wouldnโ€™t worry too much. Itโ€™s the RFE what they care about.ย 

Hi Everyone,

I just saw online that my I-765 changed to new card being produced but Iโ€™m a little confused cause itโ€™s 5 going on 6 months and I still havenโ€™t gotten a biometric appointment. Do you think itโ€™s just an error?

p.s just about 4 days before that my attempt to have it expedited got denied.ย 

On 11/16/2020 at 5:16 PM, 2020filer said:

Hello everyone! :)

ย 

Hope you have been doingย well while I was away from thinking about immigration for a month....although I have a quick question:

ย 

If I filed on Sept 25th and received the receipt notice the following week but no prima facie yet, should I be worried? Its been almost 2 months.ย 

Same point as you are.

ย I filled August RFE for Police clearance was sent to them, no Prima facial. But I read about alot of people here who didn't get prima facial and they were approved.ย 

On 11/16/2020 at 7:18 AM, sandranj said:

The security check is to identify criminals , fraud ,terrorists.The background check can take weeks,months and even years.

@sandranjย when or ifย I get a travel document ( i131- pending ) and my case is going through security check , is it safe for me to go to my country using advance parole? Also if I go to Info pass and try to push i131 ,will they give me i131 for one year or a month or it 's up to them for how long ? Thank you so much for your timeย 

ย 

Hello my People. Do you guys think it's good to change my name back to my maiden name now? There is a space for that in the divorce paper mailed to me by my EX.ย  Should I ignore it and later do it on my own?. TIA

4 hours ago, Blunt said:

It should be fine. It's not like the DOL that will outright deny you if you lost the audit notice.

13 minutes ago, Risen said:

Hello my People. Do you guys think it's good to change my name back to my maiden name now? There is a space for that in the divorce paper mailed to me by my EX.ย  Should I ignore it and later do it on my own?. TIA

Might as well, changing your name via a court later tends to be a bit of a pain to do.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Risen said:

You can only legally change your name through divorce (court) documents.ย  I would do it now.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journeyย 

ย 

ย 

20 minutes ago, Evasn said:

@sandranjย when or ifย I get a travel document ( i131- pending ) and my case is going through security check , is it safe for me to go to my country using advance parole? Also if I go to Info pass and try to push i131 ,will they give me i131 for one year or a month or it 's up to them for how long ? Thank you so much for your timeย 

ย 

Before Sandra comes through..yes you can travel with your valid AP. It is usually issued for a year. Make sure you don't stay too long. I always recommend dashing in and out until both legs are solid on the ground if you follow my meaning!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

1 hour ago, Sam96 said:

Hi Everyone,

I just saw online that my I-765 changed to new card being produced but Iโ€™m a little confused cause itโ€™s 5 going on 6 months and I still havenโ€™t gotten a biometric appointment. Do you think itโ€™s just an error?

p.s just about 4 days before that my attempt to have it expedited got denied.ย 

Only one way to find out..wait till you get the card!๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.