2,966 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Yalcin said:

Hi Folks. My wava was Approved on August 20.2020 after one week I received my approval letter. Today I got update on uscis app for my wava it’s say’s Correspondenc
e was received and Uscis is reviewing it. It’s come to me weird, my case already approved. Did you guys hear anything like that before...

203105CC-0DC9-4CBD-90EA-DEB4C414F47A.jpeg

Did you send in change of address or anything after approval? If not then you have nothing to worry about. I sent in AR-11 after approval and it updated like yours...either a generic update or them being messy as always!💁

20 hours ago, isurvived said:

@sandranj my office is also Baltimore. Vawa was approved Sept 2018 it's been over 24months. My attorney said nothing can be done. I just have to wait. Any advice? 

Thanks 

I wouldn't just wait after 24months..I'll keep pressuring my congressperson/senator! That's a long time! You got approved way before I did..I have my GC now and in N.Y! Disturbing that a lot of N.Y filers are still waiting! I'll like to think the pandemic played a role..but yours was way before the pandemic! Keep enquiring, don't relax. Hopefully something positive happens and soon!🙏

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

I wouldn't just wait after 24months..I'll keep pressuring my congressperson/senator! That's a long time! You got approved way before I did..I have my GC now and in N.Y! Disturbing that a lot of N.Y filers are still waiting! I'll like to think the pandemic played a role..but yours was way before the pandemic! Keep enquiring, don't relax. Hopefully something positive happens and soon!🙏

Yeah I second this. No harm in trying to involve your congressman, worst case scenario they'll get a "We're working on it, get lost" kind of answer and best case scenario they'll get your case unstuck.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

3 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hi @Stillwinning!!!😊 thanks for the response. I discovered VJ in July and I've reached out to my congressman 6 or 7 times since July. No positive response yet. Don't know how to reach my senator though. Will do my research and reachout. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Demise said:

Yeah I second this. No harm in trying to involve your congressman, worst case scenario they'll get a "We're working on it, get lost" kind of answer and best case scenario they'll get your case unstuck.

Thanks Demise. Already reached out about 6 or 7 times, no positive response yet, but will keep trying. 

4 minutes ago, isurvived said:

Hi @Stillwinning!!!😊 thanks for the response. I discovered VJ in July and I've reached out to my congressman 6 or 7 times since July. No positive response yet. Don't know how to reach my senator though. Will do my research and reachout. Thanks 

Thanks Demise. Already reached out about 6 or 7 times, no positive response yet, but will keep trying. 

Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY): https://www.schumer.senate.gov/services/help/immigration

Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY): https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/help/help-for-new-yorkers/request

1 minute ago, Demise said:

@isurvived I found Senator Gillibrand really helpful..I recommend. But hey you can reach out to both.👍

4 minutes ago, Demise said:

Thanks for this. But mine is Baltimore MD

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

@isurvived I found Senator Gillibrand really helpful..I recommend. But hey you can reach out to both.👍

Just now, isurvived said:

Oh, my bad.

Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD): https://www.cardin.senate.gov/help/agency-help/immigration

Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-MD): https://www.vanhollen.senate.gov/constituent-services/immigration-and-visas

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ranran27 said:

But when I ask my immigration lawyer he say that it’s not true and it’s it’s not any law that say that

When you marry someone else while VAWA is pending, you are no longer under the issues of abuse from your abuser, so you no longer qualify for VAWA.  Any lawyer should know that.  It is an automatic denial of the VAWA petition.  

You can Google it and other lawyers online say the same.  You cannot marry while VAWA is pending.  

Your new wife will have to petition you for your Green Card by filing I-130.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
13 hours ago, Klein said:

Yes thats true ,

You cannot remarry until your vawa is approve.

I think you need to change your lawyer ASAP and hang around this forum ,you will gain a lot and Sorry for having so much difficulty about your case ,but if I may ask what made you leave United States to where you are presently ,you should have stayed back in America till you have your green card or USA passport..like me an not living this country not until I have my American passport with me 🤣🤣🤣🤣,I dnt wanna hear the story that touches the heart 🤣🤣🤣🤣,i see lot of people traveling with their advance parole ,but remember we have different head !!! that’s the covenant have made with myself and God that am not living America not until I have my USA passport ..so am not moved or enticed by going back to my home country to see my family or friends to show off ..I am disciplining myself ,you should have stayed back here till you get everything settled and achieve what you planned for ,by the time you spend two weeks or 4 weeks after you came back from USA ,you will be back to a normal person there ,🤣🤣🤣,that value and respect will reduce 🤣🤣🤣..a Bird at hand is worth the millions in the bush ,so did you marry your ex wife here and live here with her before ? But how you end up in your home country and can’t be able to get back to the states ..Dnt worry keep pushing hard ,you have a wrong lawyer .your lawyer is a substandard lawyer,any information you need ,just hang around here we will help you out ..we are all one family here ,but we only have few ingrates on here but 90 Percent of people on this forum are always helpful..those few ingrates we have on here that we get approved and never come back to share their stories are few ..so you are on the right hand ..just hand around and let’s keep pushing it together ...God bless u and everybody looking forward for their case to be successful..bless up 

6 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Did you send in change of address or anything after approval? If not then you have nothing to worry about. I sent in AR-11 after approval and it updated like yours...either a generic update or them being messy as always!💁

No I didn’t send anything. Thank you Stillwinning. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.