2,966 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have super important questionΒ 

My i360 was deniedΒ 

and my lawyer resend my case again and send appeals about the denied

meanwhile that I waiting for my case been approved (3 year) I meet my girlfriendΒ 

not a mount after my case was denied we get married ( she is not a USA citizens she only green card holder and I am not insid USA)

I read online that I can’t get married again while my i360 pending and need to wait until it’s approved???

Β 

Β 

that true???

13 minutes ago, Ranran27 said:

My i360 was deniedΒ 

meanwhile that I waiting for my case been approved (3 year) I meet my girlfriendΒ 

not a mount after my case was denied we get married ( she is not a USA citizens she only green card holder and I am not insid USA)

I read online that I can’t get married again while my i360 pending and need to wait until it’s approved???

Β 

Β 

that true???

Yes thats true ,

You cannot remarry until your vawa is approve.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Sumar9909 said:

Good night guys,

I files the renewal of my c09 ead card on September 18, 2020 and it was approved November 9, 2020. My card was delivered today.Β 

That was real quick.

Β 

I have pending VAWA

Filed August 7, 2019

CongratsΒ 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Ranran27 said:

My i360 was deniedΒ 

Β 

Β 

that true???

YES, Your VAWA case will be denied.Β Β 

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration JourneyΒ 

Β 

Β 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Hello everyone! :)

Β 

Hope you have been doingΒ well while I was away from thinking about immigration for a month....although I have a quick question:

Β 

If I filed on Sept 25th and received the receipt notice the following week but no prima facie yet, should I be worried? Its been almost 2 months.Β 

as far as i understand not everyone gets a prima facie. They took 2 months to issue mine. File november 2019, PF issued mid january 2020.

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017.Β 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJΒ forum either)

On H1bΒ status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stayΒ since then.Β 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020.Β 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020.Β 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020.Β 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / APΒ Renewal petition in February 2021.Β 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021.Β 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021.Β 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021.Β 

I-360 case approved status updateΒ - Nov 22, 2021.Β 

No RFE throughout.Β Β 

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case updateΒ on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in earlyΒ July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to thisΒ congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyerΒ denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22.Β I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as IΒ assumed RFEΒ was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailedΒ it to me. It was indeed RFEΒ requestingΒ medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealedΒ packet with copy ofΒ RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sentΒ a notarized letter with the packet -Β updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I firedΒ my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service CenterΒ on the same date.Β 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office.Β 

8/26/22: Case update on I485:Β New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:Β Β On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO ANDΒ VSC.)Β 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect ofΒ "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β Β 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ranran27 said:

My i360 was deniedΒ 

Β 

Β 

that true???

Yes, it’s true. If you get married while I-360 is pending, it will invalidate your petition. You probably will end up filing with your wife, but you can’t adjust your status until VISA number is available since she’s a green card holder.Β 

2 hours ago, Sumar9909 said:

Good night guys,

I files the renewal of my c09 ead card on September 18, 2020 and it was approved November 9, 2020. My card was delivered today.Β 

That was real quick.

Β 

I have pending VAWA

Filed August 7, 2019

congratulations

so fast...

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 11/11/2020 at 12:25 PM, Ana FL said:

800-375-5283 To schedule the infopass. Since it’s vawa they won’t be able to help you over the phone. They will tell you to write to Vermont.Β 
there is another number that attorneys can call them directly. Does your own attorney not know the number to call???Β 
have you tried reaching out to your congressman?

@Ana FL , My Attorney don't know the number, Please give me the number. ThanksΒ 

Hello Everyone,

Β 

I have 2 questions

1. My vawa approved on Feb 2020, my 485 is pending. I am already divorced.I am planning to marry soon.

As of my knowledge, marriage after vawa approval will not effect the petition.(is it true?)

So can I sponsor my spouse based on pending I485 as derivative applicant ?

Β 

2. C31 EAD renewal process.How much it costs to renew

Β 

@Stillwinning!!!😊

@sandranj

8 hours ago, Ranran27 said:

My i360 was deniedΒ 

Β 

Β 

that true???

But when I ask my immigration lawyer he say that it’s not true and it’s it’s not any law that say that

12 minutes ago, Ranran27 said:

But when I ask my immigration lawyer he say that it’s not true and it’s it’s not any law that say that

You can't get married while your i360 is pending..it will be denied. But you can after it is approved. Not every lawyer knows about VAWA! This community is all the attorney you need..great stuff! Read previous contents, you'll be much more equipped!

1 hour ago, macaroni24 said:

Hello Everyone,

Β 

I have 2 questions

1. My vawa approved on Feb 2020, my 485 is pending. I am already divorced.I am planning to marry soon.

As of my knowledge, marriage after vawa approval will not effect the petition.(is it true?)

So can I sponsor my spouse based on pending I485 as derivative applicant ?

Β 

2. C31 EAD renewal process.How much it costs to renew

Β 

@Stillwinning!!!😊

@sandranj

1a) You can get married after i360 approval. It will not affect i485 petition.

Β 

1b) No, you'll have to be a LPR to sponsor your spouse or child.

Β 

2)$410 πŸ‘

11 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Hello everyone! :)

Β 

Hope you have been doingΒ well while I was away from thinking about immigration for a month....although I have a quick question:

Β 

If I filed on Sept 25th and received the receipt notice the following week but no prima facie yet, should I be worried? Its been almost 2 months.Β 

No you shouldn't be worried. Not everyone gets prima facie..PF is not an indication that the case will be approved. Some people got approved without getting PF. You may or may not get it..it's maily for receiving certain benefits/aid while your case is pending.πŸ‘

10 hours ago, Evasn said:

Thank you very much for your respond. Do you know how long it takes for security check? Or the same timeline as a background check ?Β 

There is no specific timeframe for these checks. It only resolves when it does. It can take months or years. It does take time. You'll just have to be patient so you don't wear yourself out with worry and anxiety.πŸ‘

9 hours ago, Sumar9909 said:

Good night guys,

That was real quick.

Β 

I have pending VAWA

Filed August 7, 2019

Fastest I've seen ever! Just wow! Congrats Sumar!πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘βœ¨

Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.