2,966 posts in this topic

Timeline

My aos status changed to ‘Testing and Interview’ last Thursday. And just a while ago it transitioned to ‘Interview cancelled’. Any thoughts on this anyone? I am based in Dallas, TX. Thank you. 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
5 hours ago, sandranj said:

I am sorry but your assumption is unfair that immigration is to make your life depressed  and that some immigration officers don’t want Vawa filers to have peace of mind. 

We have  laws here that protect those suffering domestic violence, and we have well-trained immigrations officers as well.

Majority  of countries  don’t have laws allowing  a foreign person to obtain permanent residence because they suffered abuse.The only person responsible for your depression and abuse is the abuser and not the system created to protect you!

I dnt have problem with the immigration system in America ,America is the heaven on earth nobody can dispute that fact ...America is the best country in the world that loves people regardless of where you come from ,but what am saying here is some of the officers just like us ,some of them are even immigrants ..I am talking about the officers that are been too harsh not the America immigration system,it’s some of the officers am addresssing ,some of them make case where there is no case and handle some of us cases with a lackadaisical nature ..America is still the best country ,it’s not perfect but it is number one ☝️..

18 hours ago, jacobamanda63 said:

Dear VJ family

Good evening. I am facing a seriously big problem of the RFE from USCIS after AOS interview. I really need advice if any one of you have experience of it. 

I went to AOS interview on 10/15, it was went well. IO asked me if I went to the court/or any arrested. I answered that I did went to court so many times for divorce, child support /child custody cases but never got  arrested.  He gave me a paper that marked as "your application/petition has been recommended to approval. "since then I haven't heard anything from USCIS and my immigration attorney says my case more likely getting approval . 

on 11/13, I received a letter from USCIS and requesting more evidences of  a domestic battery charge/ and warrant of arrest. dead line is 1/31/21. 

I was very shocked and surprised because I never do anything harms anyone else. then I started to used information that USCIS gave to me on letter and researched on mycase.gov and find out there is a active case pending. it is a criminal misdemeanor charge. one order of protection, warrant of arrest and domestic battery charge on me back on 2013 in one state that I have been lived less than 3 years.  I never knew about this case and promise that I never hurt anyone else. I never received any notices from court about this case, too. I also got one time pulled over by the police for the speeding ticket, but police did not put me in jail by this arrest warrant so I really did not know about this case. 

I quickly looking for the criminal lawyers in that state, and they found out that was the case by one guy who I dated for a short time  and broken up with him , he claimed this case.  there was no any court hearings about this case. 

few attorneys called the different prices for this case. mostly called $1500 or $2500 ,but they said can not guarantee the court dismiss this case and clear my criminal records for it has been so many years and already is  court ordered.  only one attorney called $7500 and said he able to get this case dismissed and expunged so it will not show up on my record. 

My questions are as below. 

1. I  answered that I never got arrested to IO on AOS interview.  is this will cause a problem ? I am a good and honest person, I did not know about this case until received RFE letter from USCIS.  I got no criminal records from my home country, the states where I lived more than 3years, only this state where I lived was less than 3 years and I thought it will not need no criminal record from it. if I know about this case earlier I would find an attorney to take care of this case before interview for sure. 

2. how many chance that I can dismiss this case and clear my record once court ordered domestic battery charge on me back in 2013, and there is a active warrant of arrest, a order of protection on me too. 

3. which attorney should i hire to help with my case?  Or any one of you know a responsible and trustful criminal attorney in IN recommend to me please. 

4. does my GC application will get denied if this case could not get dismissed? 

Any advices are welcome and please to help me with this big issue, please. Thank you all. 

Dear, they approved your vawa without questioning the charges? 

5 hours ago, isurvived said:

@sandranj my office is also Baltimore. Vawa was approved Sept 2018 it's been over 24months. My attorney said nothing can be done. I just have to wait. Any advice? 

Thanks 

@isurvived I’m in a  same timeline like you . My vawa got approved September,2018. I’m in Newyork field office in Queens.

Filed: Timeline
46 minutes ago, 西苑二楼 said:

Dear, they approved your vawa without questioning the charges? 

I think they approved because for 360 they only use the police Clearance we send them. Then for 485 they do an FBI check. So if anything was missed earlier it will show up at that point. 

That's what happened for @Jacobamanda63

2 minutes ago, Restez Forts said:

I think they approved because for 360 they only use the police Clearance we send them. Then for 485 they do an FBI check. So if anything was missed earlier it will show up at that point. 

That's what happened for @Jacobamanda63

Doesn’t police clearance report include any charges against you? 

Timeline
11 hours ago, jacobamanda63 said:

wow! that would be very great if court can do so. I still feel like that I need an attorney,because there is a activity warrant of arrest order on me. I worry the police officer would arrest me at the place.  Thank you very much for your advice! it makes me see the hopes. 

Yes, the court will not allow you to represent your self, but the court will provide you with a state lawyer, I will recommend you to take it.

55 minutes ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

@isurvived I’m in a  same timeline like you . My vawa got approved September,2018. I’m in Newyork field office in Queens.

@Brooklynguy1 what was the last update on your case? 

Mine:

Rfe for birth certificate June 2019

July 2019 RFE received

Sept 2020 Fingerprints applied to your case. 

What's your update?

Just now, Restez Forts said:

Yes, but Jacobamanda didn't do one for that state that she got charged. She did one for everywhere she lived except that one. So it pop up during FBI check.

Thank you for educating me.

It seems weird to me if your police clearance reports don’t cover all the places you have lived, they still approve your vawa. 

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, 西苑二楼 said:

Thank you for educating me.

It seems weird to me if your police clearance reports don’t cover all the places you have lived, they still approve your vawa. 

Yeah, VAWA doesn't go deep into rechecking the police clearance. They just go by what we send. That's why she was approved. All the clearance she sent in  was clean. 

10 minutes ago, isurvived said:

@Brooklynguy1 what was the last update on your case? 

Mine:

Rfe for birth certificate June 2019

July 2019 RFE received

Sept 2020 Fingerprints applied to your case. 

What's your update?

I have done inquiry by Congress person last July,2020. My file right now NBC and than I haven’t got any words from USCIS.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Brooklynguy1 said:

Never lose hope , hopefully time will come very soon . 

@isurvived @Brooklynguy1Relax your interviews  would be scheduled,just take off your mind from it and keep yourselves  busy with something else ,anything you Can’t have control on you shouldn’t let it bother you too much or get to you ,.just keep yourself busy and switch your attention to something else and stay positive minded .i started my journey since 2019 March and still haven’t been approved of my i360 but I dnt let it get to me ..when I was expecting approval ,the officer sent me RFE ,it only surprised me but it didn’t break me ..so dnt let it break you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.