2,966 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Tluck said:

We are not divorced yet but we are in court. How can I reach @sandranj. Thank you so much  guys for your love and concerns 

You can file while married or within 2 years of divorce/death. So you could file right now. I'm still married to my ex.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hello my extended family... So my lawyer finally get ahold of the notice that was not able to be delivered at the time ( big freak out from myself) and the notice was about to redo my medicals ( when i submit the whole package I include the medicals at that time) and want me to send by mail before January 20, 2021. 

That means my inteview is not even close to. Schedule it? Thank you!

If worth for something my time line:

Vawa package sent september 2018

Receive 1 PF November 2018

Receive 2 PF octuber 2019

Receive EAD card c31 march 2020

Approval letter I360 july 2020

Notice of expire medicals but no further action to take: september 2020

Notice of mail my new medicals November 2020

11 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Hello my extended family... So my lawyer finally get ahold of the notice that was not able to be delivered at the time ( big freak out from myself) and the notice was about to redo my medicals ( when i submit the whole package I include the medicals at that time) and want me to send by mail before January 20, 2021. 

If they asked you to mail the medicals it could be approved without interview. Or they would ask you to take the medicals to the interview 🤞🏻 

Edited by Ana FL

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 11/5/2020 at 2:37 PM, Anne_3089 said:

Hi guys! 

God bless you all, I have a case pending through marriage, my husband became abusive and put me through a lot of emotional and psychological abuse, I’ve attempted to kill myself back on May I was so hopeless, I was always scared if I left him he would get me deported because he would always say if I did he would divorce me, well on Oct 15th I finally made the decision to leave, I’m renting a room now and contacted the domestic violence hotline that put me in contact with some lawyers that could help me, well I have police report that states they had to call emergency because I was having a panic attack my husband was being verbally abusive to me and caused it, i have affidavits from friends and she says I can’t submit my Vawa because it’s not extreme cruelty, I don’t know what to do please help me. I have all the info and ready to go through it myself, God knows what I’ve been through and how much damaged it has cause to my mental health, I’m now on antidepressants. And go to counseling. Should I go forward with my application ? Please any information would be highly appreciated, I have my I130 interview on Nov 20th but my husband said he is not going he refuses and to be honest I’m scared of him coming. Again many blessings to you all, God is with us through it all 🙏❤️

Hi there. So sorry to hear you had to go through all this pain...

Please go to the interview by yourself and tell the officer to hold your I485 form while you collect documents to file for I360. Then get a ~8-10 page evaluation from a licensed therapist describing your emotional condition, your diagnosis (depression, PTSD), your situation with your ex (you'd have to attend multiple session for therapist to do that for you). Write a detailed statement yourself (6-10 pages) about how you met, got married, how he god abusive in details. Ask any friends to write affidavit confirming your marriage was real and if they can confirm abuse add that too, have it notarized. Add abusive texts he sent. Add any bills, bank statements etc., police clearance from your state/FBI and your home country. I may be forgetting something, so look for more info online. But basically it does sound like you should be able to get all of this yourself and file even without a lawyer. Please be hopeful, if you need any help - this forum is here to support.

2 hours ago, Ylx said:

Was it an RFE or a Courtesy Notice? In other words: Send it in now, or do them and bring them to the interview.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

2 hours ago, Ylx said:

From what I understand here..you are being asked to update your medicals just like I was asked as I had initially submitted mine when I first applied..but in your case you are being asked to send it in..not bring it to the interview! Hmmm sounds like good news about to happen!😀 ok so you should do it and send it in..your approval sans interview might be the next news! Godspeed!💪👍🇺🇸😊

10 minutes ago, Demise said:

Was it an RFE or a Courtesy Notice? In other words: Send it in now, or do them and bring them to the interview.

Oh im not sure if was a notice or RFE my lawyer didnt said,

Yesterday I did my medicals and would be ready in a week, and will be send it immediately to them . lawyer said will be mailed to Fresno Field office, as was requested on the document.

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

From what I understand here..you are being asked to update your medicals just like I was asked as I had initially submitted mine when I first applied..but in your case you are being asked to send it in..not bring it to the interview! Hmmm sounds like good news about to happen!😀 ok so you should do it and send it in..your approval sans interview might be the next news! Godspeed!💪👍🇺🇸😊

Hi there! I like your perspective! Im praying that is the case ! Yesterday i did my medicals including flu shot. Will be ready in a week. 

My lawyer said wil be mailed to Fresno Field office..where was yours mail to?

Just now, Ylx said:

Hi there! I like your perspective! Im praying that is the case ! Yesterday i did my medicals including flu shot. Will be ready in a week. 

Way to go! Mine accompanied me to the interview..as instructed. This trend of mailing in i693 is popular following the pandemic..otherwise they almost always advice to come with it to the interview! My time was pre-pandemic!😊👍

24 minutes ago, Ylx said:

Does anyone  know if the Flu shot is required  for the medical? 

53 minutes ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

I didn’t have to take it for mine the first time for my I-485 marriage based interview. 
Just ask the doctor who does your exam

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

21 minutes ago, GreenB said:
1 hour ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

I just did my medical exam recently, last month, and they required the flu shot. 

Edited by GreenB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.