2,966 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, isurvived said:

How do we reachout to Ombudsman office? My cawa was approved since September 2018

How do we reachout to Ombudsman office? My cawa was approved since September 2018

Google uscis ombudsman. I did it but no Response yet. Everything is done online. 

1 hour ago, Lish said:

Hello all,

I hope your day is going on well. My i360 was approved 3months ago and I just received my interview date yesterday coming up in days. I was asked to bring some documents which I clearly do not understand. Some of which are:

- All documentation establishing my eligibility for lawful permanent resident

- Any immigration related document ever issued to me

- All travel documents used to enter United States including my passport which expired 2years ago. ( can I go with the expired passport or I have to renew before my interview date?????).

Pls fam, your earnest response will be greatly appreciated as my interview date is very close.

N.B: if you can also help me with some interview likely questions the officer may ask as well. Thanks all.

Wow 3 months from approval to interview is super fast!! Congrats. 
I would take a copy of every application, copy of your I-360 approval, copy of marriage certificate and divorce (if divorced). Take the passport you used to enter the country if you still have it. I don’t know if you need a valid passport, I think you just need valid ID but I could be wrong.

The interview is supposed to be just on the I-485 form. Yes or No questions. Most people say it’s pretty calm and peaceful. There are some who say the officer asked about the marriage, abuse but they are not supposed to do that!

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@Stillwinning!!!😊 can you please shed some light on a question I asked earlier can I take my 4 year to my interview. ?

Thanks in advance 💓

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, MarSam701 said:

@Stillwinning!!!😊 can you please shed some light on a question I asked earlier can I take my 4 year to my interview. ?

Thanks in advance 💓

Yes, you can take your child to the interview.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

2 hours ago, Lish said:

Hello all,

I hope your day is going on well. My i360 was approved 3months ago and I just received my interview date yesterday coming up in days. I was asked to bring some documents which I clearly do not understand. Some of which are:

- All documentation establishing my eligibility for lawful permanent resident

- Any immigration related document ever issued to me

- All travel documents used to enter United States including my passport which expired 2years ago. ( can I go with the expired passport or I have to renew before my interview date?????).

Pls fam, your earnest response will be greatly appreciated as my interview date is very close.

N.B: if you can also help me with some interview likely questions the officer may ask as well. Thanks all.

Wow that was very fast! What is your local office please?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
4 hours ago, gurgen said:

I got good news this time

And yours gives everyone here more hope.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hope all you all are doing well. 

I have my interview for green card on Monday. 

The notice says to bring the i864w  form but I can't find it online.

All I find is this. Does anyone have the form ?

https://www.uscis.gov/update-to-form-i-864w-intending-immigrants-affidavit-of-support-exemption

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/update-to-form-i-864w-intending-immigrants-affidavit-of-support-exemption

Omg you guys what if they ask about the abuse during my i485 interview.  

I seen this online : "A USCIS memo from 2002 reminds interviewing officers that the Form I-360 has already been approved when the VAWA adjustment applicant has their interview.  This means that it is not the job of the interviewer to ask questions about the abuse the applicant suffered.  USCIS has already decided the applicant qualifies for a visa (if the I-360 is approved before the interview).  Once that happens, the interviewing officer is deciding whether the applicant is eligible for permanent residence.  The officer is not deciding whether the applicant’s I-360 should have been approved.  (However, this USCIS memo does establish a procedure for the revocation of a VAWA approval if new information is learned at the interview which was not provided to USCIS when the I-360 was adjudicated.) 

But the link to the memo is not working . 

Does anyone have it ? 

11 minutes ago, MariFD said:

I seen this online : "A USCIS memo from 2002 reminds interviewing officers that the Form I-360 has already been approved when the VAWA adjustment applicant has their interview.  This means that it is not the job of the interviewer to ask questions about the abuse the applicant suffered.  USCIS has already decided the applicant qualifies for a visa (if the I-360 is approved before the interview).  Once that happens, the interviewing officer is deciding whether the applicant is eligible for permanent residence.  The officer is not deciding whether the applicant’s I-360 should have been approved.  (However, this USCIS memo does establish a procedure for the revocation of a VAWA approval if new information is learned at the interview which was not provided to USCIS when the I-360 was adjudicated.) 

Does anyone have it ? 

I think ms sandranj  said something about the appropriate response if they ask about abuse, just can't  remember what it is. 

Goodluck to your interview.

Kindly share your whole  experience afterwards.

14 minutes ago, MariFD said:

Does anyone have it ? 

Screenshot_20201105-200931_Chrome.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
35 minutes ago, MariFD said:

what if they ask about the abuse during my i485 interview

They're not supposed to, and probably won't.

Pending an answer from Sandra or someone who remembers what she recommended, consider a morose, polite comment of, "It's very painful, still, and I covered all that in the I-360.  May I answer more green card questions instead, please?"

Disregard the above suggestion if Sandra or someone knowledgeable recommends otherwise, but it might suffice.  Again, from what I've read here, the chances are remote that you'll be asked about the abuse.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 hours ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

@Six666, that’s a very long time and many people are getting interviews, I would suggest you reached out to the Ombudsman office, Kristin Gillibrand and even do an inquiry on the USCIS website. 

It's been a long time and very frustrated. I was thinking about ombudsman last week. I will find more info about it and will file soon.

Thanks and if you heard back please update us here. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.