2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
43 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Does anybody know if it’s ok to use Medi-Cal after getting greencard? Or would it affect my citizenship application in 3 years? I’m unemployed due to covid and my health insurance is under Medi-Cal, this means I basically pay nothing. I never applied for it even with prima facie but with covid going on I wanted to be prepared just in case.

Is there any link or info that explains what we are expected to do or not to do when we apply for citizenship? Like VAWA self-petitioners are exempt from public charge when adjusting status but how about after receiving greencard? Are we still exempt from public charge? I’m waiting for my card, it’s been mailed to me. I just wanna do everything right from now on so I won’t have problems when I apply for citizenship.

Public charge is only when someone is getting the greencard and VAWA petitioners are exempt. There are no further public charge determinations at naturalization. 

Hey family I Received Receipt for vawa and aos and EAD
my question is that mean I gave them the Requirement and the case Process 

my lawyer told me he did not send all the evidence in case If they ask more we have as strong as the first evidence? 

And if they sent me for more evidence it would slow the EAD timeline ? ( make it longer ) 

On 11/1/2020 at 9:58 AM, mm1010 said:

Thanks very much for making time and replying my questions. The thing is i've heard from 3 different sources that most male applicants who applied other than NY got rejected. That's why i'm trying to find out an answer for this stp*d question. immigration is federal law and they shouldn't be discriminating people based on where they apply for it?? So to come to my question, is there any male applicants that you know of from texas that filed and approved or waiting at this moment?

Thanks again for making time and answering. 

Hi, I am a male in Texas and I was approved last year. There are others in this forum that are also male and were approved

8 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Hey family I Received Receipt for vawa and aos and EAD
my question is that mean I gave them the Requirement and the case Process 

my lawyer told me he did not send all the evidence in case If they ask more we have as strong as the first evidence? 

And if they sent me for more evidence it would slow the EAD timeline ? ( make it longer ) 

I think it’s very risky not to send all your evidences at first. Is she going to charge you to reply to the RFE if you get one? But now it’s done. 
I don’t think a RFE slows down the EAD. It can slow down your I-360.

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

19 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

I think it’s very risky not to send all your evidences at first. Is she going to charge you to reply to the RFE if you get one? But now it’s done. 
I don’t think a RFE slows down the EAD. It can slow down your I-360.

Congrats on your approval. More blessings! @Salyeen I have never understood the idea behind some attorneys reasoning that hoarding evidences can win your case..NO! put your best out there..that's the reason folks get approved faster than others..giving them bit by bit will only delay you..and probably enrich your attorney's pockets as he might likely charge you for RFE response..as I've seen countless times here by shady attorneys! SMH! Anyway what's done is done..you can always send in evidences anytime before final adjudication of your petition! All the best! Once again congratulations @Ana FL🙌👍😊

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Congrats on your approval. More blessings! @Salyeen I have never understood the idea behind some attorneys reasoning that hoarding evidences can win your case..NO! put your best out there..that's the reason folks get approved faster than others..giving them bit by bit will only delay you..and probably enrich your attorney's pockets as he might likely charge you for RFE response..as I've seen countless times here by shady attorneys! SMH! Anyway what's done is done..you can always send in evidences anytime before final adjudication of your petition! All the best! Once again congratulations @Ana FL🙌👍😊

My experience with this:

My so called lawyer insisted on just sending 1360 without my story, but with police clearance, and all other evidences - bills, bank statements etc. No therapy evaluation nothing. I contested it but allowed him to go with his flow. (And I got prima facie, funny 🙄)

Then I found this forum and I had to take my own life back to my own hands. I wrote my story myself and sent to Vermont without them asking. Then when my evaluation was ready I equally sent that with letters of support, text messages and other evidences I could lay my hands on. Again without them asking.

I am May 2019, and right now my status says correspondence received and USCIS is reviewing it even though they never asked for rfe.

A lot of lawyers really need to be sacked. Who sends in a blank application without a personal affidavit!

I feel more confident doing it myself now!

4 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thank you. I wouldn’t be able to do it if It wasn’t for this forum and all the help from you and the other active members. I read almost all the parts before filing and it was super helpful!! So thank you very much!!!

Now the wait begins for the GC! 😂

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

5 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

My experience with this:

My so called lawyer insisted on just sending 1360 without my story, but with police clearance, and all other evidences - bills, bank statements etc. No therapy evaluation nothing. I contested it but allowed him to go with his flow. (And I got prima facie, funny 🙄)

Then I found this forum and I had to take my own life back to my own hands. I wrote my story myself and sent to Vermont without them asking. Then when my evaluation was ready I equally sent that with letters of support, text messages and other evidences I could lay my hands on. Again without them asking.

I am May 2019, and right now my status says correspondence received and USCIS is reviewing it even though they never asked for rfe.

A lot of lawyers really need to be sacked. Who sends in a blank application without a personal affidavit!

I feel more confident doing it myself now!

You go girl! Weldon! Nothing like taking control..rather than allow someone else steer your life's path! It's more important to you than it is to your attorney! So yeah hopefully it goes smoothly..can't wait to celebrate with you dear!👍😊

8 minutes ago, Ana FL said:

Thank you. I wouldn’t be able to do it if It wasn’t for this forum and all the help from you and the other active members. I read almost all the parts before filing and it was super helpful!! So thank you very much!!!

Now the wait begins for the GC! 😂

Sit tight it's coming honey!😊🇺🇸

16 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You go girl! Weldon! Nothing like taking control..rather than allow someone else steer your life's path! It's more important to you than it is to your attorney! So yeah hopefully it goes smoothly..can't wait to celebrate with you dear!👍😊

Yes ma’am can’t wait to share either. Even though I’m busy with school, I cannot but check the site almost twice a day for updates. Looking forward to sharing soon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 11/1/2020 at 9:58 AM, mm1010 said:

Thanks very much for making time and replying my questions. The thing is i've heard from 3 different sources that most male applicants who applied other than NY got rejected. That's why i'm trying to find out an answer for this stp*d question. immigration is federal law and they shouldn't be discriminating people based on where they apply for it?? So to come to my question, is there any male applicants that you know of from texas that filed and approved or waiting at this moment?

Thanks again for making time and answering. 

I don't see how your location matters if Vermont Service Center is working the case !? Not your local office.
I am a male, at the time of abuse I used to live in FL, then moved to CA and then to TX. So I don't think my physical location matters.

Good day to all

Hope everyone is ok and safe.

Just a follow up question on i485. Upon reviewing my form i said no to all the questions before but " i did work without authorization" i just want to ask if i should correct this items in the form yes or no question and any problems just in case.

Thanks again for all your help

Stay safe and

God bless always to all of us.

May november be a good month for all of us.

20201103_110205.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.