2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 hours ago, mm1010 said:

Thanks very much for making time and replying my questions. The thing is i've heard from 3 different sources that most male applicants who applied other than NY got rejected. That's why i'm trying to find out an answer for this stp*d question. immigration is federal law and they shouldn't be discriminating people based on where they apply for it?? So to come to my question, is there any male applicants that you know of from texas that filed and approved or waiting at this moment?

Thanks again for making time and answering. 

What you heard is not true at all.The cases are adjudicated in Vermont and it doesn’t matter you are a male petitioner or  where  you live.

Timeline
On 10/31/2020 at 11:05 AM, Oskar1234 said:

I have one question.

My new card is being produced 3 months ago, and week later I got card C31.

But my case is still not approved after 3 months !!!

Usually people here got approved 1 month after they got card.

What should I do?

Is it happen sometimes that they maybe not approve your case, or just wait and wait.

Does anybody has similar experience?

If you got the EAD category C31 then your case was approved.They don’t issue the C31 and then approve the case .

Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 10:58 PM, mm1010 said:

hi everyone,

hope everyone doing good in this unprecedented times. I have couple questions regarding vawa filing, hope you guys have some knowledge about. looked up in here but couldn't find exact answer.

Does it matter where you got abused and which state you file from ? and like, does all vawa filings go to certain service center?

Thanks for any answer and sharing knowledge. 

All VAWA petitions go to Vermont.It doesn’t matter where you were abused in the U.S.

Timeline
On 11/1/2020 at 6:49 AM, Formykid said:

Good morning/ good afternoon 

I moved a month ago, and used the form AR11 to change my adress.

A month later USCIS sent my EAD card to my old adress (my attorney).

I sent a new AR11 hopefully they will change the adress on time so my i485 can be sent to thw right lical office.

My question is, for you VAWA applicant, whats is the right way to change adress? Please 

You can’t change the address online , you must submit the AR11 by mail  to Vermont.

Timeline
On 10/31/2020 at 3:47 PM, Klein said:

Good day to the whole group.

I just want to ask for those who attended the green card interview.  I was recently approved i360 and is hoping for an interview this year.

My question is because of the covid I lost my job since last april . Im not in any public benefits and sorts. I have been using my emergency funds.

Does havjng no job gonna affect my greencard application?

Thank you for your kind responses.

Stay safe all

God bless always

You will be fine .Uscis will not take into consideration if you are working or not ok.

Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 11:25 PM, NiceGuyXLE said:

Currently I'm at 2 years and 1 months of silence, last update was in july saying that they got the response for my RFE, any approvals for people who filed October 2018?

I had cases file in May 2019 approved, but  I have cases filed in Feb And March 2018 and they didn’t adjudicated yet.

Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 3:46 PM, Progress40 said:

Hi VJ House,

I just got notification on my I-360 application ( which was approved in July 2020) saying my name was updated for my Form I-360. I did not request for a name change. Also an email was sent to me which states 

Application Type: I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On October 29, 2020, we updated your name for your Form I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT, Receipt Number xxxxxxx . If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Please what does this mean? I already received  my I-360 approval. 

Thank you

They are just correcting your name in their file because  by mistake an officer did not write your name correctly.We call this “internal system update”.

Timeline
On 10/29/2020 at 9:41 PM, Librawarrior said:

Is it three years from when gc is approved or when vawa is approved?

You will count from the date specified in your green card, not when your Vawa was approved .

Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 4:53 AM, DatMotorcycleRide said:

Thank you everyone for the advice to file a new I-485 and EAD. Just finished gathering everything. I live in California, but my I-360 is being processed in Vermont. Should I file the I-485 to California Service Center and ask them to connect it to my VAWA case? Or should I file it to Vermont service Center? Same question goes for the new EAD application.

Another issue is that I have fired my lawyer, but I don't want to hire a new one at this point. Thi thread is 1000 times better than any of the lawyers I spoke to.. they simply don't do their research and just want retainers. How can I ensure now that my mail from USCIS won't be forwarded to my lawyer anymore? Thank you :)

Hope to mail everything before the weekend, thank you everyone for great advice, as always ❤️ 

You must submit all forms to Vermont.You should inform USCIS by letter that your attorney is not representing you anymore and ask them to forward all letters to your address, inform  you current address, but  keep in mind they are messy and they might  send the  letters to your former attorney .

Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 5:02 AM, Nick1510 said:

Hello Guys,

I have Filed or VAWA on Feb-2019 and i just received REF on Good Faith Marriage and Joint residence.

I was married in 2015 and after about a year we had issues in our marriage, my spouse never helped me file for my green card and i was mentaly abused for about 2 years,

finally with help of a friend i got out of that relation ship.

I am still not divorced but i do not have any single evidence except few pictures of marriage and marriage certificate.

My spouse never added me on any of the official document.

My lawyer told me that only thing i can do is get a written affidavits from friends and family who can describe your relationship and good fait marriage.

But it this enough?

I am not sure what to do now.

Please help.

Thank you

You must write again your affidavit and tell them about your courtship in detail, and your life after you got married .If They didn’t ask to prove abuse then you don’t have to mention the abuse.Get affidavits from family and friends .I wrote before what the person must mention about the courtship.

1 hour ago, sandranj said:

You will be fine .Uscis will not take into consideration if you are working or not ok.

Thanks again for the kind response.

This put me at ease.

God bless you

14 hours ago, GreenB said:

I just had my interview last week. My greencard is approved. And I have been unemployed since mid March due to covid. 

Thanks for the response

Stay safe and God bless

Hi All, thank you all for sharing your experiences with such details, it has been so helpful! I hope all the best to all of you!

I am a vawa applicant in june 2019, still waiting on my case approval. In the meantime i am applying for renewal of my i-131 advance parole. I was issued previously an advance parole but i never used it. Last time i entered in the usa years ago, was under my b1 tourist visa. When you apply for renewal of i-131 what should i put under class of admission in the form? B1 since i never used it or c09? Thank you so much! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.