2,966 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Chei-360 said:

Hello all,

I got a notice in the mail today for finger print appointment for Advance parole which was approved along with my EAD in July 2020.

The finger print notice was  scheduled for 11/10/2020.

I called the contact service, the agent said I will get a call back or email from level 2 officer within7 business days.

Btw the mail was sent to my old address but was forwarded by USPS. Thank God.

It funny and confusing at the same time 😊.

@sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 and everyone, please advise me what to do next.

Thanks

Strange..kinda..if you can get it done then do for future purpose...you should wait for the officer's call.👍

1 hour ago, SamIAm876 said:

Hey Everyone!  

Glory be to God!! God is good all the time and all the time God is God! 
I am just adding my timeline for reference. I am a NY Filer. 

March 2018 Concurrently I130, I131,I765,I485
July 13, 2018 I filed I360 and requested they hold I485 
VSC  
August 6, 2018 I got Prima Facie
June 1, 2019 I received my first 
EAD based on I765 (C09) filed in March 2018 (1 year and 3 months) after a long and stressful wait and also right after I contacted ombudsman’s office for help. 

Renewed Prima Facie November 2019 ( I requested the renewal). ALSO got lost at the post office but they found it, Thank God!

January 2020 RFE for police clearance from home country.

February 2020 Submit I765 (C09) renewal 

February 2020 RFE submitted & received by USCIS

April 2, 2020 I360 (C31) New card produced & received (Almost got lost due to Covid)

June 1, 2020 I765 (C09) being produced June 5 received card.

July 2, 2020 I-360 changed to “Case was Approved”

July 2020 Divorce finalized 

Everything went silent after that no I485 transfer notice or RFE. 

August 2020 Contacted ombudsman office they had a backlog so no immediate response like usual. 

September 2020 Contacted Congressman no help as usual. 

September 14, 2020 Contacted Senator Kristen Gillibrand (thanks @stillwinning) filled out forms and everything send it back to her office September 24, 2020

September 28, 2020 Finally got a email from ombudsman office saying a mail was sent to my lawyers office with interview date 🙌🏾 ( Ofcourse he wanted more money and he didn’t even receive it 🙄)

Interview Date October 26, 2020 (Went to the interview by myself after I prayed about it)

Card mail to me October 28, 2020

The crazy thing is a found out I was pregnant with my first child a few days before I did my medical and I was so worried because I couldn’t get my shots. But the dr put the reason I couldn’t get them and I asked the interviewer if everything was okay she looked at what the dr wrote and said it was fine. She never once asked me about my abuse. She asked me for medical, passport, ID, and divorce decree which I gave her. She updated my address because they still had the wrong address on file. She asked me yes or no question and asked me if I had any questions for her. At the end of the interview she said she had to review it and it will take approximately 120 days. And look at God... 2 days later. 

I didn’t have any psychological evaluation or a police report of abuse because I was afraid to call the police. He threatened to kill me if I did. But I was smart, I sent in order of protection I tried to service him but couldn’t find him. I sent multiple text threads with him threatening me, calling me name, talking about how he’s tapped my phone, mentioning abuse, it was all so awful and honestly I believe those messages were what got me my approval. I sent in a latter from the DV organization I go for counseling, joint lease, joint bank account, weeding ring purchased in his name, flight itinerary of trips we took together, reservations itinerary of hotels we stayed together, receipts of things he bought that tied back to what I wrote in my affidavit letter, pictures of when he moved all of our furnitures from our house, during and after, pictures of my personal belongings that he left in the apartment laundry room, pictures of when we were happy together, I had no pictures of physical abuse, pictures of his ID and birth certificate because I kept all documents, copy of all the other bills in the house, 3 affidavit from friends and a 7 page affidavit from myself that I cried writing. I’ve been through hell and back but I never gave up I kept on fighting even when I was almost homeless, I found people that genuinely cared and helped me. I prayed and prayed and prayed some more, I can’t count how many times I’ve started praying and I cried until the words can’t come out. For those still going through it, don’t give up your victory is coming. If I can do it you can do it too, just fight! I now have my own apartment, I bought my car this year, I have a job which allows me to work from home for the rest of the year, I’m in a good relationship now, I’m pregnant with my first child at 31 and super excited. My journey as just began. 2 years ago if someone told me I would be where I am right now I would tell me they are lying. 

Sorry for the long message I pray everyone will be victorious in their endeavors. 

That’s great new congrats ❤️ Can you please share how you contacted the ombudsman I hope he/she will be able to assist me. 

1 hour ago, Kely said:

Oh you're giving me a load of hope☺ can you share with me what website you used for translation please? And I have a long form birth certificate but it's a one page. Yours was 5,6pages. Did you submit anything else than your birth certificate?

I tried to say I had 5-6 different documents translated with them. It doesn’t matter how many pages your birth certificate is. But they wanna see that it shows detailed information of your mom and dad too. 

You said you are from France. Details of what they exactly wanna see in your birth certificate is explained in this link. The RFE mentions this link. Just make sure your birth certificate matches what they describe here for your country. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/France.html

Honestly I sent a couple different documents because I just wanted to give them options in case they were not satisfied with my birth certificate. But birth certificate should be enough.  So other than my birth certificate I sent them my College diploma (and translation). Because it had all my and my parents info there too. We also have an ID card in my country so I sent a translation of it too. But just a proper birth certificate (check that link) and its translation should be enough. 

We are all here for hope. And of course information. Looking at my case I can tell you you are almost there. Just do what you have to do for a little while more. Send your response to this RFE and then wait a little, like 1-2 months, and then contact your congressman with an inquiry for your case status, it’s very easy to do. I really believe I got the interview letter as soon as my congressman contacted USCIS on my behalf. 

49 minutes ago, GreenB said:

I tried to say I had 5-6 different documents translated with them. It doesn’t matter how many pages your birth certificate is. But they wanna see that it shows detailed information of your mom and dad too. 

You said you are from France. Details of what they exactly wanna see in your birth certificate is explained in this link. The RFE mentions this link. Just make sure your birth certificate matches what they describe here for your country. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/France.html

Honestly I sent a couple different documents because I just wanted to give them options in case they were not satisfied with my birth certificate. But birth certificate should be enough.  So other than my birth certificate I sent them my College diploma (and translation). Because it had all my and my parents info there too. We also have an ID card in my country so I sent a translation of it too. But just a proper birth certificate (check that link) and its translation should be enough. 

We are all here for hope. And of course information. Looking at my case I can tell you you are almost there. Just do what you have to do for a little while more. Send your response to this RFE and then wait a little, like 1-2 months, and then contact your congressman with an inquiry for your case status, it’s very easy to do. I really believe I got the interview letter as soon as my congressman contacted USCIS on my behalf. 

You're the best. Thank you!❤

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

Thank you! I’ll be so happy when I finally hold that card in my hands 

Thank you for the update, for your encouragement, for the prayers and well wishes for all of us who are still waiting. 

I am happy for you and I wish you well as you move forward with your new family. God is for sure always good!

hi everyone,

hope everyone doing good in this unprecedented times. I have couple questions regarding vawa filing, hope you guys have some knowledge about. looked up in here but couldn't find exact answer.

Does it matter where you got abused and which state you file from ? and like, does all vawa filings go to certain service center?

Thanks for any answer and sharing knowledge. 

Edited by mm1010
Punctuation

On 10/29/2020 at 10:01 PM, Santos cae said:

I’m in the same situation!

I-360 received on 05/07/2018 they ask for RFE on 06/26/2018 and since that nothing changed!

They a least updated that they received the RFe response? My 360 was received 05/29/18, rfe in July, system still saying that they sent me the Rfe, it never changed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Currently I'm at 2 years and 1 months of silence, last update was in july saying that they got the response for my RFE, any approvals for people who filed October 2018?

7 hours ago, GreenB said:

Hey everyone 👋 

I just received an online notification. It says case approved (I had my I485 AOS interview last week) which is great but it doesn’t say “card is being produced”? Also it says “we sent you an approval notice. Please  follow the instructions in the notice.” Do you guys know what kinda instructions are they talking about?

@Godschild @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Demise

354499D5-FC19-429E-BA1E-71DFFC63B451.thumb.jpeg.82518ddd984100f9fd92092dbb74e1e2.jpeg

Congratulations 🎉🎈🎊 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Really heartwarming to see all these approvals. :thumbs: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

8 hours ago, GreenB said:

Hey everyone 👋 

I just received an online notification. It says case approved (I had my I485 AOS interview last week) which is great but it doesn’t say “card is being produced”? Also it says “we sent you an approval notice. Please  follow the instructions in the notice.” Do you guys know what kinda instructions are they talking about?

@Godschild @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Demise

354499D5-FC19-429E-BA1E-71DFFC63B451.thumb.jpeg.82518ddd984100f9fd92092dbb74e1e2.jpeg

Congratulations 🙏🏼🥳🥳🥳🍾

7 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

Hey Everyone!  

Glory be to God!! God is good all the time and all the time God is God! 
I am just adding my timeline for reference. I am a NY Filer. 

March 2018 Concurrently I130, I131,I765,I485
July 13, 2018 I filed I360 and requested they hold I485 
VSC  
August 6, 2018 I got Prima Facie
June 1, 2019 I received my first 
EAD based on I765 (C09) filed in March 2018 (1 year and 3 months) after a long and stressful wait and also right after I contacted ombudsman’s office for help. 

Renewed Prima Facie November 2019 ( I requested the renewal). ALSO got lost at the post office but they found it, Thank God!

January 2020 RFE for police clearance from home country.

February 2020 Submit I765 (C09) renewal 

February 2020 RFE submitted & received by USCIS

April 2, 2020 I360 (C31) New card produced & received (Almost got lost due to Covid)

June 1, 2020 I765 (C09) being produced June 5 received card.

July 2, 2020 I-360 changed to “Case was Approved”

July 2020 Divorce finalized 

Everything went silent after that no I485 transfer notice or RFE. 

August 2020 Contacted ombudsman office they had a backlog so no immediate response like usual. 

September 2020 Contacted Congressman no help as usual. 

September 14, 2020 Contacted Senator Kristen Gillibrand (thanks @stillwinning) filled out forms and everything send it back to her office September 24, 2020

September 28, 2020 Finally got a email from ombudsman office saying a mail was sent to my lawyers office with interview date 🙌🏾 ( Ofcourse he wanted more money and he didn’t even receive it 🙄)

Interview Date October 26, 2020 (Went to the interview by myself after I prayed about it)

Card mail to me October 28, 2020

The crazy thing is a found out I was pregnant with my first child a few days before I did my medical and I was so worried because I couldn’t get my shots. But the dr put the reason I couldn’t get them and I asked the interviewer if everything was okay she looked at what the dr wrote and said it was fine. She never once asked me about my abuse. She asked me for medical, passport, ID, and divorce decree which I gave her. She updated my address because they still had the wrong address on file. She asked me yes or no question and asked me if I had any questions for her. At the end of the interview she said she had to review it and it will take approximately 120 days. And look at God... 2 days later. 

I didn’t have any psychological evaluation or a police report of abuse because I was afraid to call the police. He threatened to kill me if I did. But I was smart, I sent in order of protection I tried to service him but couldn’t find him. I sent multiple text threads with him threatening me, calling me name, talking about how he’s tapped my phone, mentioning abuse, it was all so awful and honestly I believe those messages were what got me my approval. I sent in a latter from the DV organization I go for counseling, joint lease, joint bank account, weeding ring purchased in his name, flight itinerary of trips we took together, reservations itinerary of hotels we stayed together, receipts of things he bought that tied back to what I wrote in my affidavit letter, pictures of when he moved all of our furnitures from our house, during and after, pictures of my personal belongings that he left in the apartment laundry room, pictures of when we were happy together, I had no pictures of physical abuse, pictures of his ID and birth certificate because I kept all documents, copy of all the other bills in the house, 3 affidavit from friends and a 7 page affidavit from myself that I cried writing. I’ve been through hell and back but I never gave up I kept on fighting even when I was almost homeless, I found people that genuinely cared and helped me. I prayed and prayed and prayed some more, I can’t count how many times I’ve started praying and I cried until the words can’t come out. For those still going through it, don’t give up your victory is coming. If I can do it you can do it too, just fight! I now have my own apartment, I bought my car this year, I have a job which allows me to work from home for the rest of the year, I’m in a good relationship now, I’m pregnant with my first child at 31 and super excited. My journey as just began. 2 years ago if someone told me I would be where I am right now I would tell me they are lying. 

Sorry for the long message I pray everyone will be victorious in their endeavors. 

Congratulations, happy to read about all these approvals. Look at God🙏🏼

8 hours ago, mm1010 said:

hi everyone,

hope everyone doing good in this unprecedented times. I have couple questions regarding vawa filing, hope you guys have some knowledge about. looked up in here but couldn't find exact answer.

Does it matter where you got abused and which state you file from ? and like, does all vawa filings go to certain service center?

Thanks for any answer and sharing knowledge. 

I think it doesn’t matter where the abuse happened. If you moved states just remember to get a background check of all the counties you lived in the past 3 years. 
the difference between where you file will be on the I-485 since each location has a different timeline. But you have to file in the state/county you live. 
when you file for vawa all of your immigration applications should go to Vermont. All EAD, renewals, go to Vermont:

USCIS
Vermont Service Center
Attn: Humanitarian Unit
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.