2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, Nick1510 said:

Hello Guys,

I have Filed or VAWA on Feb-2019 and i just received REF on Good Faith Marriage and Joint residence.

I was married in 2015 and after about a year we had issues in our marriage, my spouse never helped me file for my green card and i was mentaly abused for about 2 years,

finally with help of a friend i got out of that relation ship.

I am still not divorced but i do not have any single evidence except few pictures of marriage and marriage certificate.

My spouse never added me on any of the official document.

My lawyer told me that only thing i can do is get a written affidavits from friends and family who can describe your relationship and good fait marriage.

But it this enough?

I am not sure what to do now.

Please help.

Thank you

It might not seem like enough, but it's all you got. Get the affidavit from friends and family. Also landlord or previous neighbors if you can. Even if all they can say is, they used to see you there, and to also mention the dates you lived in the neighborhood. 

Since you don't have much evidence, I hope your story was thoroughly detailed, to explain clearly why you don't have evidence to prove you lived together. That's the only way the IO will be able to understand your position.

Haven't been here in a while, life has been testing but God has been faithful and blessing me. To everyone who is making progress and getting breakthrough, congratulations and praise be to God, to everyone waiting to hear something, your moment of joy is coming by the grace of our heavenly father, and for those of us who are just starting and a little ways into the process, may God give us patience (me especially 🙄). 

On 10/29/2020 at 8:50 AM, Demise said:

Regarding VAWA it won't really affect the case. Only limitation is that you file within 2 years of:

1. Divorce

2. Death (USC spouse only)

3. Loss of status by the abuser (generally LPR spouse only)

Personally I am still married to my ex and I really don't care about filing for divorce. I think that I'll eventually be approved, but remaining married actually would allow me to regroup and refile my I-360 should I get denied. A bit too many people in the AAO decision list who divorced, filed, fell out of the 2 year filing period, and the only thing they can do is keep throwing out I-290Bs for reconsiderations and appeals.

So am I, I was actually in the process of divorce but he likes to make things difficult and the process was basically abandoned.

Hi VJ House,

I just got notification on my I-360 application ( which was approved in July 2020) saying my name was updated for my Form I-360. I did not request for a name change. Also an email was sent to me which states 

Application Type: I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On October 29, 2020, we updated your name for your Form I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT, Receipt Number xxxxxxx . If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Please what does this mean? I already received  my I-360 approval. 

Thank you

23 minutes ago, Progress40 said:

Hi VJ House,

I just got notification on my I-360 application ( which was approved in July 2020) saying my name was updated for my Form I-360. I did not request for a name change. Also an email was sent to me which states 

Application Type: I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT

Your Case Status: Initial Review

On October 29, 2020, we updated your name for your Form I360, PETITION FOR AMERASIAN, WIDOW(ER), OR SPECIAL IMMIGRANT, Receipt Number xxxxxxx . If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators. If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

Please what does this mean? I already received  my I-360 approval. 

Thank you

There are administrative processing done before and after i360 approval..so many times when this happens, you get the generic update! Nothing to fret about.👍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Hey everyone 👋 

I just received an online notification. It says case approved (I had my I485 AOS interview last week) which is great but it doesn’t say “card is being produced”? Also it says “we sent you an approval notice. Please  follow the instructions in the notice.” Do you guys know what kinda instructions are they talking about?

@Godschild @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Demise

354499D5-FC19-429E-BA1E-71DFFC63B451.thumb.jpeg.82518ddd984100f9fd92092dbb74e1e2.jpeg

Guess what time it is? Celebration time my darling. God is good. I’m so happy for you. Now let’s close the chapter of the past and on to an amazing future. It always says the instruction blurb with every approval notice online. You’ll see when you receive your notice, but I don’t think they need anything else from you.

Edited by Godschild

1 minute ago, Godschild said:

Guess what time it is? Celebration time my darling. God is good. I’m so happy for you. Now let’s close the chapter of the past and on to an amazing future.

Thank youuuuuu 🥰🥳❤️ I can’t wait to see that green thing in my hands. 😂 Have you heard anything yet?

what instructions are they talking about though?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Thank youuuuuu 🥰🥳❤️ I can’t wait to see that green thing in my hands. 😂 Have you heard anything yet?

what instructions are they talking about though?

My status changed to case must be reviewed, but that’s from my interview day. I’m sure waiting for attorney to get something. The website has been down, so I think they just fixed it. Today is day 5 and I think you had your interview before I did. I’m praying we get something by Nov 3rd. I think yours too 1 week from your interview day right? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Hey everyone 👋 

I just received an online notification. It says case approved (I had my I485 AOS interview last week) which is great but it doesn’t say “card is being produced”? Also it says “we sent you an approval notice. Please  follow the instructions in the notice.” Do you guys know what kinda instructions are they talking about?

@Godschild @Stillwinning!!!😊 @Demise

354499D5-FC19-429E-BA1E-71DFFC63B451.thumb.jpeg.82518ddd984100f9fd92092dbb74e1e2.jpeg

Congrats 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.