2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
36 minutes ago, jamaica fineness said:

Hello guys I’m happy to share my good new with you I got another update on my I-360 here is what the update say

C58FC6BE-4A45-4965-920F-50ED88AD8D93.jpeg

Congrats 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, iamlost said:

Hello, community. This is my first time posting on this forum.

I submitted I-360 in September 2018, I-485 and I-765 in October 2018. 

Since then I received my EAD card and renewed it twice.

I also received my prima facie and a few weeks ago received another automatic renewal. 

But there's no progress on my I-360. It has been 25 months. I haven't received any RFEs. My lawyer says I have to be patient and wait. But I feel lost. Anyone else is going through similar experience? I'd appreciate any insights into my situation. Thank you!

I’m in the same situation!

I-360 received on 05/07/2018 they ask for RFE on 06/26/2018 and since that nothing changed!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/19/2020 at 1:02 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You are found by the grace of God!😊 anyway at this point..people are advised to contact their congressperson for help or senator. I would advise you do same dear. Your attorney may not want to go the extra mile for you..they always say wait wait...I have been there..so I do understand your concern..get proactive!👍

Could you tell me how can I hit a congressperson and can I hit up from a different state ? Should I write a letter or email ? What should I write ? Please I will appreciate your answer 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
On 10/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, DatMotorcycleRide said:

Hi everyone! Here comes a complicated question from me. I am thankful for any advice you might have!

Filed I-485 based on K1 in October 2019, got my EAD in January 2020, the AOS interview was scheduled for February 18th. Unfortunetly my husband has gone completely crazy once I got the EAD with AP and he realized that I might go home to Sweden for any amount of time and possibly share with my family how he abused me... so of course he abused me more so I couldn't go anywhere.. ehh. Rabbit hole, sorry! 

So on February 4th, the police helped me leave, on February 18th I went to USCIS alone, told them what happened and that I intend to file a VAWA petition. They told me that they will keep my case open and that I can keep the EAD for now. And then Covid hit, and it took me a while to battle the restraining order hearing while looking for a lawyer.. By June I had my case ready to send, with a lot of good evidence: pictures, pictures of the abuse, letter from the therapist, letter from two domestic violence organizations who has been helping me, letter from my restraining order pro-bono lawyer, police report, affidavits from friends and family, even from our neighbour. I felt really good about filing the case, only to get a letter from my local USCIS in San Jose, Ca, saying that they have recieved a request from my ex to close my case and decided to deny my I-485 and withdraw my EAD.... I replied within 30 days saying that I filed with Vermont Service Centre already, asked them to keep the I-485 open, but only silence back. 

The job that I had is still paying for my insurance even though i havent been working there since June, I fear they will stop soon and I am still in need of a lot of medical help for my arm that my husband broke. So I am freaking out that they are not answering, and they I am not getting my EAD back. Can I by any chance file for a new EAD based on my VAWA case now? My VAWA was filed in June 2020 without I-765 and without I-485 since I thought I still had both. 

Any ideas on what to do? Thank you for reading this far 💝

Thank you everyone for the advice to file a new I-485 and EAD. Just finished gathering everything. I live in California, but my I-360 is being processed in Vermont. Should I file the I-485 to California Service Center and ask them to connect it to my VAWA case? Or should I file it to Vermont service Center? Same question goes for the new EAD application.

Another issue is that I have fired my lawyer, but I don't want to hire a new one at this point. Thi thread is 1000 times better than any of the lawyers I spoke to.. they simply don't do their research and just want retainers. How can I ensure now that my mail from USCIS won't be forwarded to my lawyer anymore? Thank you :)

Hope to mail everything before the weekend, thank you everyone for great advice, as always ❤️ 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello Guys,

I have Filed or VAWA on Feb-2019 and i just received REF on Good Faith Marriage and Joint residence.

I was married in 2015 and after about a year we had issues in our marriage, my spouse never helped me file for my green card and i was mentaly abused for about 2 years,

finally with help of a friend i got out of that relation ship.

I am still not divorced but i do not have any single evidence except few pictures of marriage and marriage certificate.

My spouse never added me on any of the official document.

My lawyer told me that only thing i can do is get a written affidavits from friends and family who can describe your relationship and good fait marriage.

But it this enough?

I am not sure what to do now.

Please help.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Nick1510 said:

Hello Guys,

I have Filed or VAWA on Feb-2019 and i just received REF on Good Faith Marriage and Joint residence.

I was married in 2015 and after about a year we had issues in our marriage, my spouse never helped me file for my green card and i was mentaly abused for about 2 years,

finally with help of a friend i got out of that relation ship.

I am still not divorced but i do not have any single evidence except few pictures of marriage and marriage certificate.

My spouse never added me on any of the official document.

My lawyer told me that only thing i can do is get a written affidavits from friends and family who can describe your relationship and good fait marriage.

But it this enough?

I am not sure what to do now.

Please help.

Thank you

Hi, the officers are trained on the dynamics of this petition..and as such will accept any credible evidence..you will need to make your personal statement count by providing details that will help the officer understand your peculiar situation..this to a large extent will help inform their decision. And yes affidavits from friends and family will help too. Good luck!😊👍

8 hours ago, Santos cae said:

Could you tell me how can I hit a congressperson and can I hit up from a different state ? Should I write a letter or email ? What should I write ? Please I will appreciate your answer 

Hi, google the congressperson for your district/borough it will come up..then reach them by phone/email..or you can go to their office. They will send you a privacy release form which will authorize them to receive information on your behalf from USCIS.👍

2 hours ago, DatMotorcycleRide said:

Thank you everyone for the advice to file a new I-485 and EAD. Just finished gathering everything. I live in California, but my I-360 is being processed in Vermont. Should I file the I-485 to California Service Center and ask them to connect it to my VAWA case? Or should I file it to Vermont service Center? Same question goes for the new EAD application.

Another issue is that I have fired my lawyer, but I don't want to hire a new one at this point. Thi thread is 1000 times better than any of the lawyers I spoke to.. they simply don't do their research and just want retainers. How can I ensure now that my mail from USCIS won't be forwarded to my lawyer anymore? Thank you :)

Hope to mail everything before the weekend, thank you everyone for great advice, as always ❤️ 

VERMONT.

once you file VAWA all your applications should go to Vermont. If you send to any other location it can delay your case a lot! 

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

On 10/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Be aware that vawa takes about 18-24months to be adjudicated! Your i485 regardless of where it was transferred to will only be attended to after a decision is reached on your i360! If your i360 is approved, it will be updated in the case status online. From your narrative, looks like it's very much still pending! I wish you all the best..patience helps a great deal here.👍

Hi @Stillwinning!!!😊 Can you check your inbox? 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.