2,966 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Restez Forts said:

I put AOS

29 minutes ago, Iowa65 said:

Hi everyone!

I’ve been a silent reader since March 2019. 
My VAWA was approved and I’m about to apply for an EAD renewal(C31).
I have one question. 
What’s our current immigration status? (for all VAWA approved applicants and awaiting their GC interview)
I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen the answer to a question like that.

I attached a screenshot of I-765 form with the question 25.

Thanks in advance!

5010B3F7-7DEE-4E02-A8DA-21BE3ED95558.jpeg

I put as AOS PENDING

Edited by GreenB

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/20/2020 at 9:39 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Your case will not get denied! Worst case scenario..RFE for medicals before they approve you..it's been done here severally. Someone else here mentioned they were able to get an emergency medicals done and received next day...don't relent now..look for and offer whatever the cost for it. You will get it..you've got this!👍

Thank you! I found a place and started the process for physical 

Timeline

To everyone who replied to me. Thank you.  I now found a clinic to do physical.  They charged $350 for physical and $360 for labs 

I'm concerned they will ask about abuse.  Is there anything I can print out to show them to not ask questions about abuse 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
28 minutes ago, MariFD said:

To everyone who replied to me. Thank you.  I now found a clinic to do physical.  They charged $350 for physical and $360 for labs 

I'm concerned they will ask about abuse.  Is there anything I can print out to show them to not ask questions about abuse 

Wow so expensive. Usually it's around $250 for both physical and labs. But of course at this point I'd be going for anything as well just to make sure you get it before the interview.

16 hours ago, Islanderk said:

Hey good morning everyone.  So I got a notification from my account and it's good news .. my card is being produced and I'm only waiting on an update to my daughter.. it's finished.. all praises to The Most Hight God through CHRIST .. it's finished.. my case is unique and I'd love to share it with others but please don't judge me.. if anyone wants to know let me know . I'm a may 2018 filer and I got my VAWA approved in January.. I originally had a interview in ky in September but it got cancelled and moved to Virginia where I now live.. when they rescheduled my interview they added my daughter to join in as I filed for her i485 when my VAWA was approved in January.. thank you all.. I really appreciate you all encouraging words still willing and especially Sandra. She initially gave me the right information and the boost 3+ years ago when I was pregnant depressed and fled home with nothing but 2 suitcase.. I'm now in school hoping to become an immigration attorney to help people like us as there seem to be a lack of compassionate attorneys who blindly Rob us.. but catholic charities and Sandra are but the few who actually show us the love and compassion we need when we are at our lows.. hope one day I can proudly represent clients and form a bond with those who are in a situation like all of us was in. Like I said my situation is different and I'd love to share with those who would want to.. just know it's not a simple journey but one we can overcome

Screenshot_20201022-074038__01.jpg

• Praise God, its finally over for you congratulations🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

9 hours ago, GreenB said:

Hey everyone 

I just came home from my AOS interview. So here is my experience. I  waited for about an hour. I was the last one waiting in the waiting room. A woman came to ask me if anyone has helped me and then told me someone will call my name soon. She was nice. Then officer called my name through the door and we went to his office. 

He asked me to raise my hand and promise I’ll be telling only truth. then he asked me what I brought. I gave him my interview notice.He asked for my driving license and passport. I gave him a copy of my DL but he didn’t really care to get a copy of my most recent passport. He said there is one in my file. He also told me it’s not really necessary to put all the pages for the passport, just the page with the visa is enough he said. (But I think it’s good to be safe) I gave him divorce decree original so that he could say he checked the original. I wanted to give him a recent birth certificate but he said the one in my file is enough. He checked my EAD originals and I gave him copies of them. I gave him I94 documents. I had two. I gave him my ex husband’s birth certificate copy. He said the one in my file is enough. And I guess since I can’t have the original for his birth certificate nothing to check in terms of originality. I gave him I360 approval letter. He said he doesn’t need that. He said it’s in my file. I gave him medical exam. He said it’s very recent. I told him yeah I just got it. He said it’s valid 2 years after the doctor signed it. 

He went through the I485. From the first page to the end. Went through everything with me. I updated some info like I told him I used some public benefits like Medi-Cal and foot stamps. I also told him I put the wrong answer for “working without authorization “ and he revised that. we went through all the YES- NO questions.

He wanted to update my employment info In I485 and I told him I’m unemployed due to covid. Told him my last day of work. I told him I could give him the info of last place I worked. He asked if I have it written down somewhere. Luckily I made this one page Employment History document yesterday for all the places I worked. Dates, name of the business, my occupation there, address of the workplace. He asked me to date and sign it and took it to add to my file. He asked me when I became out of status. I couldn’t remember the exact date but I told him month and year. He didn’t seem too worried about exact date. I asked him if he needs exact date and he said it’s fine.

I think it was pretty standard all he asked me. He didn’t go anywhere near the abuse. Honestly he looked like he wants to be done asap more than me. Like at first he meant to take a copy of my passport but then he just didn’t. He didn’t seem super strict or anything like that. I  was hoping for an immediate answer but I know that’s not the case all the time. So he told me there will be a review. And told me he can’t tell me when I’ll get an answer also mentioning covid. I think it was an easy interview, standard, about 30 min or so. Sooooo now I need to wait and see. I know it should be fine. But still...you know how it is...I’ll try to keep myself busy so I won’t be overthinking this 😊

Congratulations hun, don't worry its already approved🥳

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, MariFD said:

Do you mean the physical exam doctors? No, they don't asked about abuse or anything else other than immunization questions.

34 minutes ago, Touna said:

Hello everyone! 

My i360 is been pending now for 26 months , no rfe , no pf , absolutely nothing! 

Any ideas  why is taking this long? 

You should reach out to your Congress person and have them submit an inquiry on your behalf. 

21 minutes ago, Iceman1 said:

You should reach out to your Congress person and have them submit an inquiry on your behalf. 

I did , and this was the response 

Your constituent's Form I-360 is currently under the jurisdiction of the Vermont Service Center (VSC) and has been consolidated into Txxxxxxxx. I have transferred Txxxxxxxx to a supervisor in the appropriate unit who will the assign it to an adjudicating officer for review. You may wish to, periodically, contact our office for the latest case status update.

We hope this information is helpful. If we may be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

7 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Just reading this...yes of course..most people here were emotionally/psychologically abused..for that you do not require a police report or medical report. You will need.a psychological evaluation from a therapist/counselor. I fall into this category..approved without police or medical report! So relax you will be fine! I hope you started therapy..you will be needing it both for healing and evidence! Good luck dear!👍

Thank u for your answer it’s help me calm down a lot , i have the letter from the Psychologist explains the I been abused physically mentally emotionally and transfer to hospital to get some

Depression and Anxiety cuses by Domestic violence and I do have a pic of Bruise in my toe I didn’t know I have to show my face with the Bruise by that time I was Isolated it so I I didn’t have anyone to take pic of me , and I have letters around 5-7 from frineds  proven my telling , 

7 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

@Salyeen @Stillwinning!!!😊 I don't have anything of those (police report, medical or psychological evaluation) and all glory to God I was approved. A strong personal affidavit and from friends suffice. I was so down and unbelievably broke I couldn't afford a therapist or a lawyer. I did everything on my own thanks to this very helpful group and of course to the hands of the Almighty who has seen my suffering. It's all on HIM, he paved the way. Now waiting for I485 interview, one more hurdle to pray for 🙏 @Salyeen Each case is different though if you can afford a therapist to help you then by all means do it.

Thank you so much I’m doing the therapist and I have my own lawyer and the Psychologist gave me letter too , and I have from frineds 

Hopefully everything will be alright and thank u a lot for you Support

Timeline
2 hours ago, Restez Forts said:

Do you mean the physical exam doctors? No, they don't asked about abuse or anything else other than immunization questions.

No the interview for i485 green card 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.