2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, 西苑二楼 said:

I wonder if most of the cases filed in 2018 are under background check? Just a thought...

You can contact your congressman to find out if yours is :) But my guess it not all, at least not July-December 2018 cases.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
9 hours ago, Islanderk said:

Hey good morning everyone.  So I got a notification from my account and it's good news .. my card is being produced and I'm only waiting on an update to my daughter.. it's finished.. all praises to The Most Hight God through CHRIST .. it's finished.. my case is unique and I'd love to share it with others but please don't judge me.. if anyone wants to know let me know . I'm a may 2018 filer and I got my VAWA approved in January.. I originally had a interview in ky in September but it got cancelled and moved to Virginia where I now live.. when they rescheduled my interview they added my daughter to join in as I filed for her i485 when my VAWA was approved in January.. thank you all.. I really appreciate you all encouraging words still willing and especially Sandra. She initially gave me the right information and the boost 3+ years ago when I was pregnant depressed and fled home with nothing but 2 suitcase.. I'm now in school hoping to become an immigration attorney to help people like us as there seem to be a lack of compassionate attorneys who blindly Rob us.. but catholic charities and Sandra are but the few who actually show us the love and compassion we need when we are at our lows.. hope one day I can proudly represent clients and form a bond with those who are in a situation like all of us was in. Like I said my situation is different and I'd love to share with those who would want to.. just know it's not a simple journey but one we can overcome

Screenshot_20201022-074038__01.jpg

More power to you girl! Go and achieve your dreams and congrats!!!🎊🍾 

2 hours ago, 西苑二楼 said:

I wonder if most of the cases filed in 2018 are under background check? Just a thought...

I doubt it tbh. My DACA cases (5 to date) each took between 4 and 7 months overall and FBI background check is the only major pause on it.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

On 10/16/2020 at 1:20 AM, GreenB said:

If you have records of previous shots you could take those to the doctor’s office so you won’t have to get those shots again (helps with pricing too). Other than that...your alien number and a picture ID.

And check the whole medical exam report when they hand it to you, any typos etc.

I mean... first thing is to make an appointment :) some places are pretty booked and some are available even for the same day. 

Thank you so much everyone. Shipped my medical exam as response to RFE today.

has anyone experienced this situation when Uscis local office requests RFE for medicals and how long it usually takes for them to make a decision (hoping without interview) once medicals are received by them?

praying for all and wishing all patience...

Good evening VJ Family just wanna share a good news, thanks to all of you and god I got my new EAD card and I can hopefully go back to work. Still waiting on my AOS interview. VAWA approved In September of 2019. 

Timeline for EAD

file EAD in February of 2020. 
February of 2020 EAD application denied because of missing documents and incompetence of my lawyer.  
Refiled and USCIS received new application in March 2020. 
Congressman reaching out to USCI regarding delay in my EAD. Lawyer didn’t do anything in the meantime and disregarded my request to reach out to the USCIS FYI lying 

Two weeks after my congressman reached out to USCIS EAD card was approved. And in the spam of 3 weeks I had my EAD in my hand. Thank you Congressman. 

Filed EAD in February of 2020 Received EAD in October 2020

19 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Hey fam , iv sent my Package in the 25 September I haven’t hear anything even no notic ? Any one file that day or after and get notice?? Plz 

and anyone apply without a physical abuse and police report and get passed or approved 

plz I need your answer 😪😪

Did you send the package with a tracking number ? if the tracking shows that it was delivered then its all good. It takes about a month for them to send the NOA or maybe more. 

3 hours ago, GreenB said:

Hey everyone 

I just came home from my AOS interview. So here is my experience. I  waited for about an hour. I was the last one waiting in the waiting room. A woman came to ask me if anyone has helped me and then told me someone will call my name soon. She was nice. Then officer called my name through the door and we went to his office. 

He asked me to raise my hand and promise I’ll be telling only truth. then he asked me what I brought. I gave him my interview notice.He asked for my driving license and passport. I gave him a copy of my DL but he didn’t really care to get a copy of my most recent passport. He said there is one in my file. He also told me it’s not really necessary to put all the pages for the passport, just the page with the visa is enough he said. (But I think it’s good to be safe) I gave him divorce decree original so that he could say he checked the original. I wanted to give him a recent birth certificate but he said the one in my file is enough. He checked my EAD originals and I gave him copies of them. I gave him I94 documents. I had two. I gave him my ex husband’s birth certificate copy. He said the one in my file is enough. And I guess since I can’t have the original for his birth certificate nothing to check in terms of originality. I gave him I360 approval letter. He said he doesn’t need that. He said it’s in my file. I gave him medical exam. He said it’s very recent. I told him yeah I just got it. He said it’s valid 2 years after the doctor signed it. 

He went through the I485. From the first page to the end. Went through everything with me. I updated some info like I told him I used some public benefits like Medi-Cal and foot stamps. I also told him I put the wrong answer for “working without authorization “ and he revised that. we went through all the YES- NO questions.

He wanted to update my employment info In I485 and I told him I’m unemployed due to covid. Told him my last day of work. I told him I could give him the info of last place I worked. He asked if I have it written down somewhere. Luckily I made this one page Employment History document yesterday for all the places I worked. Dates, name of the business, my occupation there, address of the workplace. He asked me to date and sign it and took it to add to my file. He asked me when I became out of status. I couldn’t remember the exact date but I told him month and year. He didn’t seem too worried about exact date. I asked him if he needs exact date and he said it’s fine.

I think it was pretty standard all he asked me. He didn’t go anywhere near the abuse. Honestly he looked like he wants to be done asap more than me. Like at first he meant to take a copy of my passport but then he just didn’t. He didn’t seem super strict or anything like that. I  was hoping for an immediate answer but I know that’s not the case all the time. So he told me there will be a review. And told me he can’t tell me when I’ll get an answer also mentioning covid. I think it was an easy interview, standard, about 30 min or so. Sooooo now I need to wait and see. I know it should be fine. But still...you know how it is...I’ll try to keep myself busy so I won’t be overthinking this 😊

U will be fine. Congratulations in advance🙂

20 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Hey fam , iv sent my Package in the 25 September I haven’t hear anything even no notic ? Any one file that day or after and get notice?? Plz 

and anyone apply without a physical abuse and police report and get passed or approved 

plz I need your answer 😪😪

Just reading this...yes of course..most people here were emotionally/psychologically abused..for that you do not require a police report or medical report. You will need.a psychological evaluation from a therapist/counselor. I fall into this category..approved without police or medical report! So relax you will be fine! I hope you started therapy..you will be needing it both for healing and evidence! Good luck dear!👍

12 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Just reading this...yes of course..most people here were emotionally/psychologically abused..for that you do not require a police report or medical report. You will need.a psychological evaluation from a therapist/counselor. I fall into this category..approved without police or medical report! So relax you will be fine! I hope you started therapy..you will be needing it both for healing and evidence! Good luck dear!👍

@Salyeen @Stillwinning!!!😊 I don't have anything of those (police report, medical or psychological evaluation) and all glory to God I was approved. A strong personal affidavit and from friends suffice. I was so down and unbelievably broke I couldn't afford a therapist or a lawyer. I did everything on my own thanks to this very helpful group and of course to the hands of the Almighty who has seen my suffering. It's all on HIM, he paved the way. Now waiting for I485 interview, one more hurdle to pray for 🙏 @Salyeen Each case is different though if you can afford a therapist to help you then by all means do it.

Edited by cindy122808

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naguto7659 said:

Thank you so much everyone. Shipped my medical exam as response to RFE today.

has anyone experienced this situation when Uscis local office requests RFE for medicals and how long it usually takes for them to make a decision (hoping without interview) once medicals are received by them?

praying for all and wishing all patience...

I saw this happen to 1-2 ppl here in the past few months, I think they heard back with their I485 approval within like 2 months or so.

1 hour ago, cindy122808 said:

@Salyeen @Stillwinning!!!😊 I don't have anything of those (police report, medical or psychological evaluation) and all glory to God I was approved. A strong personal affidavit and from friends suffice. I was so down and unbelievably broke I couldn't afford a therapist or a lawyer. I did everything on my own thanks to this very helpful group and of course to the hands of the Almighty who has seen my suffering. It's all on HIM, he paved the way. Now waiting for I485 interview, one more hurdle to pray for 🙏 @Salyeen Each case is different though if you can afford a therapist to help you then by all means do it.

Ok that's really awesome! Good to know they accept any credible evidence..at least some of them..most officers still send out RFEs for abuse even though you already gave your all. Happy for you..hopefully she gets the same officer you had.😊👍

Hi everyone!

I’ve been a silent reader since March 2019. 
My VAWA was approved and I’m about to apply for an EAD renewal(C31).
I have one question. 
What’s our current immigration status? (for all VAWA approved applicants and awaiting their GC interview)
I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen the answer to a question like that.

I attached a screenshot of I-765 form with the question 25.

Thanks in advance!

5010B3F7-7DEE-4E02-A8DA-21BE3ED95558.jpeg

Filed: Timeline
28 minutes ago, Iowa65 said:

Hi everyone!

I’ve been a silent reader since March 2019. 
My VAWA was approved and I’m about to apply for an EAD renewal(C31).
I have one question. 
What’s our current immigration status? (for all VAWA approved applicants and awaiting their GC interview)
I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen the answer to a question like that.

I attached a screenshot of I-765 form with the question 25.

Thanks in advance!

5010B3F7-7DEE-4E02-A8DA-21BE3ED95558.jpeg

I put AOS. That is if you have pending 485.

Edited by Restez Forts
Add more information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.