2,966 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, ahmad- said:

Hello guys, my vawa case has been pending since 2107 june. Today i got an update as follows: Is this a RFE? what could it be? I  am worried.

10-21-20 i485.png

Considering that it says "Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials.", to me it looks like a RFE or a NOID. Most likely a NOID.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hey fam , iv sent my Package in the 25 September I haven’t hear anything even no notic ? Any one file that day or after and get notice?? Plz 

and anyone apply without a physical abuse and police report and get passed or approved 

plz I need your answer 😪😪

Edited by Salyeen

Hi everyone,

I have been a silent reader for a while and I have learned a lot of valuable advices here. I greatly appreciate all your times and your helps.

After reading a lot of your stories, my question is that  do I have a higher chance to have my I-360 approved if it would be submited by women shelter than it was submitted by a private lawyer. Here is my story.

Jan 2018: my husband and I submitted I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765

May 2018: the first interview with my husband, I-485 was still pending 

Mar 2019: the second interview with my husband, I-485 was still pending 

Jun 2019: I was abused by my husband and women shelter told me they would help me to get restraining order and submit vawa case

Oct 2019: Women Shelter helped me and I got the restraining order approval

Women shelter told me that they would help me to submit vawa case but I should wait because their immigration lawyers were busy with other customers. Because I was worried that my husband would call the immigration office to cancel his I-130 resulting to the cancelation of my pending I-485, I seeked the help from a private immigration law office 

Oct 2019: vawa package was submited by the private immigration lawyer not by the lawyer of wonmen shelter

Dec 2019: PF was received

Thank you very much 

8 hours ago, 2020filer said:

Hi friends!

Today I received my i-130 denial letter addressed to my spouse. Did anyone get it before? What does it mean to me?

If you filed i360, you don't worry. You won't needed to file i360 if your i130 was approved. My own i130 was denied too but I just received approved for my i360 so you are fine.

1 hour ago, Salyeen said:

Hey fam , iv sent my Package in the 25 September I haven’t hear anything even no notic ? Any one file that day or after and get notice?? Plz 

and anyone apply without a physical abuse and police report and get passed or approved 

plz I need your answer 😪😪

People have been waiting like 2-4 weeks recently to get a receipt notice. If you sent it in by something with tracking check the online tracker to make sure it physically got there, cause if it got lost in the mail then well, you likely will never get the receipt notice.

I personally sent mine in without police reports or a psych evaluation, I wouldn't recommend doing it but I was so mentally done at the time when I filed it that I put the whole thing together myself, wrote a really grisly self-affidavit, and sent it in. Outcome: Still pending. Did get RFE'd regarding the legitimacy of the marriage, but it looks like they took my affidavit at face value regarding abuse since that wasn't one of the items they were questioning.

38 minutes ago, SJLN said:

After reading a lot of your stories, my question is that  do I have a higher chance to have my I-360 approved if it would be submited by women shelter than it was submitted by a private lawyer. Here is my story.

Honestly it doesn't matter if it's filed by a lawyer, some sort of a non-profit, or by yourself. USCIS will view everything that's submitted and make a decision (or give you an RFE), regardless of who put the whole thing together and wrote the cover letter.

1 minute ago, Demise said:

People have been waiting like 2-4 weeks recently to get a receipt notice. If you sent it in by something with tracking check the online tracker to make sure it physically got there, cause if it got lost in the mail then well, you likely will never get the receipt notice.

I personally sent mine in without police reports or a psych evaluation, I wouldn't recommend doing it but I was so mentally done at the time when I filed it that I put the whole thing together myself, wrote a really grisly self-affidavit, and sent it in. Outcome: Still pending. Did get RFE'd regarding the legitimacy of the marriage, but it looks like they took my affidavit at face value regarding abuse since that wasn't one of the items they were questioning.

I honestly just Exhausted because of the ideas going around me and I most likely share everywhere I’m trying just to make ideas and advise from Applicants better then lawyers 

I have a lawyer but every time I ask his answer ( yes . And your are and good spot don’t worry) witch make me worry a lot because I need an honest lawyer who can get my life together ,

i do have the physical abuse just a Bruise in my toes but my face not showing because i literally have no one can take pics 

and I have a letter from Psychologist saying that I been in Domestic violence and been physically and emotionally mentally Financially abuse 

And faith marriage I have a lot of bills and lease since 2016 and a lot of pics since 2015 and 2 years of taxes return and car Insurance

and still don’t know if those are enough or no because I’m scared of rejection like it’s nightmares chase me while I have everything 

6 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

I honestly just Exhausted because of the ideas going around me and I most likely share everywhere I’m trying just to make ideas and advise from Applicants better then lawyers 

I have a lawyer but every time I ask his answer ( yes . And your are and good spot don’t worry) witch make me worry a lot because I need an honest lawyer who can get my life together ,

i do have the physical abuse just a Bruise in my toes but my face not showing because i literally have no one can take pics 

and I have a letter from Psychologist saying that I been in Domestic violence and been physically and emotionally mentally Financially abuse 

And faith marriage I have a lot of bills and lease since 2016 and a lot of pics since 2015 and 2 years of taxes return and car Insurance

and still don’t know if those are enough or no because I’m scared of rejection like it’s nightmares chase me while I have everything 

Your evidence looks solid enough. I saw cases that filed less and were approved just fine. Regarding asking the lawyer, honestly he doesn't have some special line to USCIS either, if you nag him enough and the case is outside processing times he'll send in a case inquiry to the VSC and report back what they'll say if anything, but honestly majority of waiting for a VAWA approval is just idle waiting while you have no idea what's going on exactly.

Believe me, everyone waiting in this thread goes through periods of just freaking out, myself included. I will probably do another FOIA after I get my approval just on the off-chance that I'll get some internal documents tangled into my A-file.

Edited by Demise

5 minutes ago, Demise said:

Your evidence looks solid enough. I saw cases that filed less and were approved just fine. Regarding asking the lawyer, honestly he doesn't have some special line to USCIS either, if you nag him enough and the case is outside processing times he'll send in a case inquiry to the VSC and report back what they'll say if anything, but honestly majority of waiting for a VAWA approval is just idle waiting while you have no idea what's going on exactly.

Believe me, everyone waiting in this thread goes through periods of just freaking out, myself included. I will probably do another FOIA after I get my approval just on the off-chance that I'll get some internal documents tangled into my A-file.

Thank u so much for Comfortable answer 

the last question plz do u have any background about the SSN when will be gotten? I ask the lawyer I told him under c9 and prima facie 

so I can get an id or lease a car and a house that make me worry a lot too 

3 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

Thank u so much for Comfortable answer 

the last question plz do u have any background about the SSN when will be gotten? I ask the lawyer I told him under c9 and prima facie 

so I can get an id or lease a car and a house that make me worry a lot too 

The SSN should arrive within a few weeks of the EAD if you filled out the section of I-765 requesting a social security card/number.

If it doesn't arrive or you didn't fill out that part of the form you'll need to grab your EAD and passport and go to a social security office in your area and apply in person.

Edited by Demise

The SSN should arrive within a few weeks of the EAD if you filled out the section of I-765 requesting a social security card/number.

If it doesn't arrive or you didn't fill out that form you'll need to grab your EAD and passport and go to a social security office in your area and apply in person.

So how long does take to get the EAD , and it’s come with travel primet ? Because I applied AOS and vawa and work primet all together and paid the 1225 as my lawyer told me and the usics already withdrawn the money 

but idk if took more the 7-8 months or less 

I’m married to US citizen tho 

1 minute ago, Salyeen said:

So how long does take to get the EAD , and it’s come with travel primet ? Because I applied AOS and vawa and work primet all together and paid the 1225 as my lawyer told me and the usics already withdrawn the money 

but idk if took more the 7-8 months or less 

I’m married to US citizen tho 

These days I'd expect around 6-8 months overall to get the EAD.

35 minutes ago, Demise said:

Honestly it doesn't matter if it's filed by a lawyer, some sort of a non-profit, or by yourself. USCIS will view everything that's submitted and make a decision (or give you an RFE), regardless of who put the whole thing together and wrote the cover letter.

Thank you very much for your advice. 

3 minutes ago, Demise said:

These days I'd expect around 6-8 months overall to get the EAD.

Thank you a lot for Your patience 

and prima facie who Eligible for it ? 

What can I use it for ? Like ID ? Lease a apt 

and how long does it take I heard they send it before the EAD 

Thank u so much I appreciate it 

14 minutes ago, Salyeen said:

Thank you a lot for Your patience 

and prima facie who Eligible for it ? 

What can I use it for ? Like ID ? Lease a apt 

and how long does it take I heard they send it before the EAD 

Thank u so much I appreciate it 

Prima facie can be used for some public benefits like financial aid for college or food stamps. It does not let you work or serve as ID on its own.

Who gets it, basically anyone whose case makes it through the first review and you submit enough evidence for all of the bullet points required (proof that abuser was a USC/LPR, you filed within 2 years of divorce/death, your entered the marriage in good faith, you cohabited at some point, you suffered abuse, etc).  Getting the prima facie determination tends to point to that your case will generally be approved eventually.

Prima facie can be used for some public benefits like financial aid for college or food stamps. It does not let you work or serve as ID on its own.

Who gets it, basically anyone whose case makes it through the first review and you submit enough evidence for all of the bullet points required (proof that abuser was a USC/LPR, you filed within 2 years of divorce/death, your entered the marriage in good faith, you cohabited at some point, you suffered abuse, etc).  Getting the prima facie determination tends to point to that your case will generally be approved eventually.

I do have birth certificate and passport scanned and  Driving License Of the abuser hopefully it’s enough to prove the abuser is us citizen 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.