2,966 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

2 months ago when i inquired, i got a response that my case is with nbc and it will be ready for schedule once they have a date available.

now this response 😞

Well keep in mind that field offices have to chew through a lot of backlog due to the coronavirus pandemic so it might still be a while before they find a spot to squeeze you into. You look at reddit and there's like 10 threads every day with someone venting "When the hell will I get my interview!?".

When was your I-360 approved?

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

5 minutes ago, Demise said:

Well keep in mind that field offices have to chew through a lot of backlog due to the coronavirus pandemic so it might still be a while before they find a spot to squeeze you into. You look at reddit and there's like 10 threads every day with someone venting "When the hell will I get my interview!?".

When was your I-360 approved?

Last year nov 2019

courtesy letter received on may 2020

1 minute ago, Shroy123 said:

Last year nov 2019

Did the courtesy letter originate from the NBC or from your field office? Actually, what is your field office.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

9 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Hi Everyone! I am writing to report back from my initial marriage interview - maybe helpful to some. 

I no longer live in NY so I came in to the city just for the reason of the interview. Had to take 2 days off my work but its ok. I walked in and got a ticket, the interview was supposed to be at 8:50 am. I have an attorney for my VAWA case and she said she will appear telephonically and told me to give them the package and the attorney representation form. Well, its about 11 am now and I am waiting. Do not got to inquire about my ticket since I was scared to be "noisy" you know. Be patient with immigration they say. Sat there for a while until 3 hours have passed and I went to the window to ask. They said they issued a wrong ticket and notified the supervisor, in about 30 mins I was interviewed. I handled the officer my package and said my attorney is appearing telephonically. They looked at the form and said they cant call the lawyer since they didn't sign the form. I looked at it and indeed my attorney forgot to sign the form. I texted the attorney and they said to look into the VAWA package and there is a signed copy of the form. The officer said they don't accept the copies. Although later, my lawyer sent me a USCIS statement that copies of signatures are acceptable during Corona. The officer said that they are proceeding to the interview without a lawyer. I was so scared. He started asking me marriage based questions. He was asking details of our neighborhood, his info, parents etc...Then the asked about the abuse part with "what happened" and "how was he abusive". I started describing and started CRYING. (I always do when someone asks about it) I also cry through my therapy sessions when asked. Anyways, I couldn't continue speaking and he said "let's continue with easier questions" and was asking basic date questions and typical I485 questions. I was there for a while. When I got out, he went to take a copy of my passport (not sure why) and then let me out. I asked him to hold my 485 and he said yes. Not sure what all this torture was for. Called my lawyer afterwards and she said she will contact his supervisor etc etc and I told her not to to not made them mad and cancel my 485. She said she wouldn't (don't know about that) I think this is a total mistake on the part of the lawyers. It didn't occur to me to look to check if they gave me the right signed copy, was just not thinking about their signatures but they should have known... 

Anyways, because of 3 hour wait and then the actual interview I missed my flight back. I was hysterically crying coming out and was shaking, I think I scared other immigrants, lol. I hoped I wouldn't cry during the interview. I hope I can start controlling it some time soon.

Isn't this the initial i485? Why were you interviewed this hard? The idea is to appear and let them know you filed for vawa so they know to link it to the i360. That was more like an interrogation. So sorry.👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
18 minutes ago, sandranj said:

I have a lot of cases filed in April and May 2018 and the USCIS didn't adjudicate the cases yet.

Hello Sandra! Hope you are doing great! I know you can feel the sadness behind “being stuck “. Really hope I won’t have to wait years. Hope to meet you soon! 

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Isn't this the initial i485? Why were you interviewed this hard? The idea is to appear and let them know you filed for vawa so they know to link it to the i360. That was more like an interrogation. So sorry.👍

Yes this was the interview to tell them I filed VAWA. I don't know why they asked me so many questions. They asked typical marriage ones to make sure it wasn't fraud.. Idk what the purpose was at all. What should I do about the lawyers and them not signing the form? 

9 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Last year nov 2019

Ok so just a recap of my journey so you know you're not that far behind. Vawa approved- March 2019, i485 transferred- June 2019, courtesy letter-July 2019 interview- March 2020! Look at the time from courtesy letter through the actual interview. Chilax it's coming. Just believe it.👍

Timeline
35 minutes ago, 西苑二楼 said:

Sounds like another background check to me?

Yes! For what I can recall we are quite a few here that applied in November 2018 having this (at least. 3) I hear that sometimes, right after an inquiry with uscis, they send this to justify delays. 

here the video but I would trust better Sandra and the family here!  

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Ok so just a recap of my journey so you know you're not that far behind. Vawa approved- March 2019, i485 transferred- June 2019, courtesy letter-July 2019 interview- March 2020! Look at the time from courtesy letter through the actual interview. Chilax it's coming. Just believe it.👍

Did you check the screenshot i posted?

1 minute ago, 2020filer said:

Yes this was the interview to tell them I filed VAWA. I don't know why they asked me so many questions. They asked typical marriage ones to make sure it wasn't fraud.. Idk what the purpose was at all. What should I do about the lawyers and them not signing the form? 

Your lawyer isn't paying close attention to detail. Looks like they brighten up only at the money part and scoop you to the corner. If you're paying them then it's unacceptable to represent you through the phone! Ridiculous! Left for you to decide.💁

1 minute ago, Vale1 said:

Yes! For what I can recall we are quite a few here that applied in November 2018 having this (at least. 3) I hear that sometimes, right after an inquiry with uscis, they send this to justify delays. 

here the video but I would trust better Sandra and the family here!  

Yes. Always listen to professionals.

Background check takes time, to me at least. They have so many people in the line, let alone many of whom may have the same names...

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kama2018 said:

Thanks dear. I hope this ends soon. I am sooooo tired.

Same! Same everything! November 2018 and pending security check. Frankly I would rather hope to be “alone” in this metter that means no one had be feel as I do but looks like November 2018 group of people stuck in growing. 😑

Timeline
4 minutes ago, 西苑二楼 said:

Yes. Always listen to professionals.

Background check takes time, to me at least. They have so many people in the line, let alone many of whom may have the same names...

Are you still waiting? 
Now I really want to know who potentially can have my 22 letters name/last name combination  in USA 😂😂😂  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.