2,966 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, June1888 said:

Hello everyone. Just to quickly share that another update from USCIS local office through congressperson came in today, this time took longer (15 days) and has exactย same wording than a previous one they sent:

ย 

โ€œUSCIS records indicate that your constituentโ€™s application is currently in queue awaiting an interview date. Once an interview date becomes available and they are scheduled for an interview, we will notify them by mail at the address on file.โ€

Is anyone here in the Miami local office? Are they even interviewing for AOS?

ย 

Now,ย I have been studying for quite a while and havenโ€™t been checking on here but truly hope that everyone is hanging in there and staying on great course with life in the meantime.ย 

The only interviews I've read on here is for the initial i485..not the one linked to i360. Obviously USCIS has separated some cases to go through interviews while others are approved without...good thing you're studying- a profitable distraction the monotony of waiting endlessly brings!hang in there!๐Ÿ‘

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, ponak98 said:

Thank you and I think the same now....

ย 

@sandranjย what would you think on apply for dvย lottery while AOS is pending under approved I-360?

It's not a problem at all.

6 minutes ago, Progress40 said:

Good morning Guys,

ย 

I have been going though the posts on this forum in the last couple of days and I think I might adopt the proactive approach of some persons on this forum.ย  My VAWA petition was approved in July 2020 and no word from USCIS since then. I am thinking I should go ahead and get my immigration physicals (I-693) done since the last one I submitted was in 2016 (expired). However, I am not sure what office this should be sent to.ย  Some people indicated that they sent it to their local office . Shouldn't this be sent to the Chicago Lockbox address? My local office is San Antonio.

ย 

Your quick response is greatly appreciated .

ย 

Thank you.

Hi..the word you're expecting..is it by any chance interview notice? It doesn't always work that way..there are folks waiting from 2018/19 so when I see folks approved 2020 and already impatient..I really get confused..so here's the usualย order: after i360 approval, your i485 is transferred to your local office after a brief stop at NBC..to get in line for an interview..shortly after you receive a courtesy letter advising you to update your medicals. The notice will inform you if you are to send it in or bring it with you to the interview. It may not be a great idea to get it done without instruction or an interview notice as the document is time sensitive..have to work around the validity period.๐Ÿ‘

2 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Hi..the word you're expecting..is it by any chance interview notice? It doesn't always work that way..there are folks waiting from 2018/19 so when I see folks approved 2020 and already impatient..I really get confused..so here's the usualย order: after i360 approval, your i485 is transferred to your local office after a brief stop at NBC..to get in line for an interview..shortly after you receive a courtesy letter advising you to update your medicals. The notice will inform you if you are to send it in or bring it with you to the interview. It may not be a great idea to get it done without instruction or an interview notice as the document is time sensitive..have to work around the validity period.๐Ÿ‘

Thank you.

Timeline
On 10/17/2020 at 9:30 PM, Stacie3 said:

Hello, if any of u could give me some advise/ย relief I would be truly appreciated. I filled vawa and received receipt notice ( I-485, I-360, I-785 and I-131)ย last week. *Receipt notice date of September 2020. However, yesterday I received the letter from USCIS, it was about removal proceedingย issuance date of Oct 2020. My attorney filed to dismiss the case right awayย and ย told me that sinceย vawa applicationย was submitted before the removal issuance plus I have theย proof and copy of I-485, hope that they do dismiss the case. But worst case scenario, I have to deal with it. Nowย Iโ€™mย worrying about whole things even goingย outside started to scary me that law enforcement could come to me or come visit at my place. I just wanted or needed some advise from people here. Any advise will help and much appreciated.....

You will be fine, despite your attorneyย dumb advice to withdraw form I-485.There is no repercussion if the person withdrawsย ย I-485 and ย the person is legal here, but ย when the person is unlawfully in the U.S. theย USCIS ย may issueย an NTA.

ย 

Nobody will come to deport you now. The NTA has a date for your ย master hearing, probably next year, ย and in the master hearing ย the attorney has to ask for anย ย individual hearing. For example In NYC and Massachussetts ย the Court takes 3 years to schedule anย ย individual hearing.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

On 10/17/2020 at 6:38 PM, cindy122808 said:

Hi! I am already VAWA approved, working for a year now. Just waiting for I485 to be scheduled for interview.ย  I was wondering if I can still get based on low income.

You can if you are making bellow the poverty line.

Timeline
17 hours ago, verysadguy said:

Hi Sandra! I haven't been on here in so long.

Would an EAD authorization code C09ย (adjustment of status) ever change to a C14 (deferred action status)?

Hope you are well!

https://save.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/EAD_Code_Table.pdf

You have to apply to receive category C14.

23 minutes ago, Progress40 said:

Good morning Guys,

ย 

I have been going though the posts on this forum in the last couple of days and I think I might adopt the proactive approach of some persons on this forum.ย  My VAWA petition was approved in July 2020 and no word from USCIS since then. I am thinking I should go ahead and get my immigration physicals (I-693) done since the last one I submitted was in 2016 (expired). However, I am not sure what office this should be sent to.ย  Some people indicated that they sent it to their local office . Shouldn't this be sent to the Chicago Lockbox address? My local office is San Antonio.

ย 

Your quick response is greatly appreciated .

ย 

Thank you.

Regarding this I have a friend from NYC he sent his medical form I-693 without USCIS asking him with letter head asking them to please add his updated medical to his fileย I suggested him to wait but he sent anyways, he sent it to Vermont Service Center, after couple months he received his interviewย ย and was interviewedย ย last week, and the officer had his medical on hand already. Meaning Vermont Service Center did made the appropriate forward to the center was suppose to.ย  (This is base on him not sure if this will happened to everyone who decided to sent in advance)

Timeline
17 hours ago, Engineering-rocks said:

Hi everyone. Please advise - I have 2 I485s pending, one VAWA and one marriage (my ex-lawyer's "mistake"). Marriage was filed in NYC in 2016, I asked to reschedule interview in 2017 and haven't heard about it since then. VAWA approved January 2020 and I have lived in Houston for the past 15 months, where I've been receiving all the correspondence. It appears that when my I485 and I360 moved from VSC to NBC they were processed and sent out to NYC, as per my congressman's inquiries. They are "unable to provide additional info" in terms of why the heck is my case in NYC now. I sent VSCย a few AR11s, but I really don't want this to cause another 6 months delay on my case. Any ideas what can I do? File a petition to withdraw marriage case? Keep inquiring with the congressman every few weeks? File ombudsman?ย 

Appreciate any input I can get. Thanks.

You have ย to askย ย the local office in NYC to ship your file to Texas.Submit a copy of your ย VAWA approval.But keep in mind USCIS is messy and they may not send your I-485/I-360 to Texas and deny your caseย because if didn't attend theย interview.

ย 

ย 

Edited by sandranj

Good morning everyone!ย 
ย 

My Vawa was approved on February 2020, received my courtesy letter on August 2020, Iโ€™m in Massachusetts, still waiting for interview notice!ย 
ย 

Since my EAD will expire in a few months I want to send the renewal but the attorney insisted we should wait until the end of the year to see if I have an interview but I told her that I rather pay the fee and send the renewal anyways because it looks like Waiting list for interview is very long.

ย 

My question is: what documents do I need to send for the C31 EAD renewal? She said I have two send one payment for 410$ and another one 85$ for biometric, USCIS website says that for category C31 doesnโ€™t need to send the 85$ but she insisted to send it anyways and Iโ€™m afraid they reject the form because of that and delayed it even more?ย 

4 minutes ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Good morning everyone!ย 
ย 

My Vawa was approved on February 2020, received my courtesy letter on August 2020, Iโ€™m in Massachusetts, still waiting for interview notice!ย 
ย 

Since my EAD will expire in a few months I want to send the renewal but the attorney insisted we should wait until the end of the year to see if I have an interview but I told her that I rather pay the fee and send the renewal anyways because it looks like Waiting list for interview is very long.

ย 

My question is: what documents do I need to send for the C31 EAD renewal? She said I have two send one payment for 410$ and another one 85$ for biometric, USCIS website says that for category C31 doesnโ€™t need to send the 85$ but she insisted to send it anyways and Iโ€™m afraid they reject the form because of that and delayed it even more?ย 

You probably will need to send in a copy of the EAD and approval notice/i360 NOA. Not sure about the $85 but the $410 is right.๐Ÿ‘

6 minutes ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Good morning everyone!ย 
ย 

ย 

ย 

You need to sent Copy of your I-360 approval notice, 2 passport style photo,ย  Copy of your current C31 EAD card, and payment fee $410.00ย ย 

7 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

You need to sent Copy of your I-360 approval notice, 2 passport style photo,ย  Copy of your current C31 EAD card, and payment fee $410.00ย ย 

2 passport? Sent mine yesterday without passport. Please someone should confirm this.

ย 

@GodIsGood2

* Current EAD copy (front & back)

* i360 approval notice

* $410

* i also added the barcode letter that came with the last EAD. it's stated to add it when applying for renewal to speed up the application process.ย 

ย 

3 minutes ago, isurvived said:

2 passport? Sent mine yesterday without passport. Please someone should confirm this.

ย 

@GodIsGood2

* i360 approval notice

* $410

* i also added the barcode letter that came with the last EAD. it's stated to add it when applying for renewal to speed up the application process.ย 

ย 

If they accepted and mail you a receipt no need to worry.ย 

7 minutes ago, isurvived said:

ย 

@GodIsGood2

* i360 approval notice

* $410

ย 

You are right..passport is not really needed in renewals as they have previous ones in the file. Sending it is good too..but your petition will still be processed and approved regardless hon!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

32 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

You are right..passport is not really needed in renewals as they have previous ones in the file. Sending it is good too..but your petition will still be processed and approved regardless hon!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Is not passport copy, is 2 style passport photo.....ย  my renewal was return yesterday because I did not included 2x passport photo... I don't know if this is new or what I resent again.ย 

ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.