2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kely said:

To God be the glory!🙌🏾

So after your approval you and your lawyer just sent your medicals at the local office without receiving a courtesy letter ?

Yes

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
Just now, Kely said:

Oh wow! I was thinking about doing it as well but I saw here people saying that it is better to wait till uscis asks for it.

They chose to send it and I said okay. I wanted to update my medical just in case because I just had a feeling that I should. Everyone’s outcome and experience is different. We took a chance and here we are. I’m now going to focus on smooth, fast, interview with approval. 

2 minutes ago, Elisana said:

Ok, but why two approval notice?

I thought it was about to transfer my case to local office

Or maybe that is the transfer to local office?

Thanks 

I hate to break it to you but it turns out USCIS can be messy!💁😊 you probably might receive another update on your case progress..hopefully i485.

3 minutes ago, isurvived said:

Hello everyone, 

Do USCIS usually send a message when a case is transferred to local office? Cause mine was transferred since June 2019. And I've not heard anything since.

FYI: my i360 was approved Sept 2018

They sometimes do by updating your case status..I always got updates all the way. But some people don't..they find out through enquiry mostly.👍 Your interview shouldn't be that far off now..take it easy.

3 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

They sometimes do by updating your case status..I always got updates all the way. But some people don't..they find out through enquiry mostly.👍 Your interview shouldn't be that far off now..take it easy.

Thanks it's just been so long. The last status was Sept 30th

"As of September 30, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number EAC*********, have been applied to your case."

Prior to that case was transferred to NBC June 18th 2019. Rfe received by USCIS July 18th 2019. I've not seen my parents in almost 8years, just found out about AD and applied last month. I hope it's approved before Dec so I can at least spend Christmas with them. I am hopeful though. **fingers crossed**

23 minutes ago, isurvived said:

Thanks it's just been so long. The last status was Sept 30th

"As of September 30, 2020, fingerprints relating to your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number EAC*********, have been applied to your case."

Prior to that case was transferred to NBC June 18th 2019. Rfe received by USCIS July 18th 2019. I've not seen my parents in almost 8years, just found out about AD and applied last month. I hope it's approved before Dec so I can at least spend Christmas with them. I am hopeful though. **fingers crossed**

Well let's hope your AP is approved soon enough..I totally understand your feelings. Don't worry too much..it's closer than you know.😊👍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 10/14/2020 at 2:18 PM, sandranj said:

If your I-485 was not denied then your I-765 is still valid, and of course you need to check the expiration date.

Hi Sandra! I haven't been on here in so long.

Would an EAD authorization code C09 (adjustment of status) ever change to a C14 (deferred action status)?

Hope you are well!

https://save.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/EAD_Code_Table.pdf

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Demise said:

August 2018 here. Never got a PF, got an RFE in February 2020, send it in May 2020. Still waiting too.

May I ask what was your RFE about?

There's an option to send an online request to USCIS when your case in outside normal processing times. I'm considering doing that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi everyone. Please advise - I have 2 I485s pending, one VAWA and one marriage (my ex-lawyer's "mistake"). Marriage was filed in NYC in 2016, I asked to reschedule interview in 2017 and haven't heard about it since then. VAWA approved January 2020 and I have lived in Houston for the past 15 months, where I've been receiving all the correspondence. It appears that when my I485 and I360 moved from VSC to NBC they were processed and sent out to NYC, as per my congressman's inquiries. They are "unable to provide additional info" in terms of why the heck is my case in NYC now. I sent VSC a few AR11s, but I really don't want this to cause another 6 months delay on my case. Any ideas what can I do? File a petition to withdraw marriage case? Keep inquiring with the congressman every few weeks? File ombudsman? 

Appreciate any input I can get. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.