2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
23 hours ago, Comforter said:

I am so happy for  you. All the best in your interview. Congrats in advance. I am always right after you. We both are jan 2019 pd. Waiting for interview or courtesy letter 

Did you get courtesy leyter.Where is your field office. 

Thank you much my darling. My field office is Charlotte NC. Attorney received letter 9/30 for interview on 10/26. My VAwA was approved in 8/6, so I feel so thankful that it moved quickly. I did my medical in Aug too just to be safe and attorney sent to local office. 

1 hour ago, ponak98 said:

Thanks again

would you think uscis won’t punish me if I have been applying for DV lottery until last year but before I360 was approved? Won’t do it this year....

got i360 approved and awaiting I485 decision

That's ok..just focus on your pending AOS. You know you will be approved don't you?😊 as long as you're in good standing, an approved vawa always means i485 approval as well. So there's really no point appearing desperate. And no...you won't be punished.👍 stay blessed and prayed up hon🙏

Filed: Other Timeline

Friends 

during medical exam if a vaccine is not age appropriate and I never had this type of vaccine..does it mean I don’t need to have it now?

for instance hepatitis B vaccine must have been done in childhood and I never got it

now I am 30 and it’s not age appropriate..so I don’t need it?

On 10/17/2020 at 8:30 PM, Stacie3 said:

some

On 10/17/2020 at 8:30 PM, Stacie3 said:

Hello, if any of u could give me some advise/ relief I would be truly appreciated. I filled vawa and received receipt notice ( I-485, I-360, I-785 and I-131) last week. *Receipt notice date of September 2020. However, yesterday I received the letter from USCIS, it was about removal proceeding issuance date of Oct 2020. My attorney filed to dismiss the case right away and  told me that since vawa application was submitted before the removal issuance plus I have the proof and copy of I-485, hope that they do dismiss the case. But worst case scenario, I have to deal with it. Now I’m worrying about whole things even going outside started to scary me that law enforcement could come to me or come visit at my place. I just wanted or needed some advise from people here. Any advise will help and much appreciated.....

I am in removal proceedings too for 2 years, and filed vawa October 219 when I was in proceedings. My lawyer always file motions to continue until my vawa will be approved. No one has visited me at my house since the judge has issued continuances. Since you filed vawa, you are protected from deportation until a decision is made in the case.

Filed: Other Timeline
6 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Friends 

during medical exam if a vaccine is not age appropriate and I never had this type of vaccine..does it mean I don’t need to have it now?

for instance hepatitis B vaccine must have been done in childhood and I never got it

now I am 30 and it’s not age appropriate..so I don’t need it?

Medically speaking: You can still get it unless it contraindicated due to medical reasons.  or unless you have hep B or have been exposed to it already. Talk to your doctor. 

USCIS: I would get it as along as it won’t hurt medically (see above) and be done with it, why leave a deficiency  for them to pick on 🤷🏻‍♀️

10 hours ago, Godschild said:

Thank you much my darling. My field office is Charlotte NC. Attorney received letter 9/30 for interview on 10/26. My VAwA was approved in 8/6, so I feel so thankful that it moved quickly. I did my medical in Aug too just to be safe and attorney sent to local office. 

Wow that went very fast!! Processing time for charlotte NC office is at least 10months. How come your vawa approved in august qnd interview scheduled in october ?wow. I'm starting to wonder if those processing times on uscis website are accurate 

Timeline

Hello, community. This is my first time posting on this forum.

I submitted I-360 in September 2018, I-485 and I-765 in October 2018. 

Since then I received my EAD card and renewed it twice.

I also received my prima facie and a few weeks ago received another automatic renewal. 

But there's no progress on my I-360. It has been 25 months. I haven't received any RFEs. My lawyer says I have to be patient and wait. But I feel lost. Anyone else is going through similar experience? I'd appreciate any insights into my situation. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, iamlost said:

I also received my prima facie and a few weeks ago received another automatic renewal. 

But there's no progress on my I-360. It has been 25 months. I haven't received any RFEs. My lawyer says I have to be patient and wait. But I feel lost. Anyone else is going through similar experience? I'd appreciate any insights into my situation. Thank you!

You are found by the grace of God!😊 anyway at this point..people are advised to contact their congressperson for help or senator. I would advise you do same dear. Your attorney may not want to go the extra mile for you..they always say wait wait...I have been there..so I do understand your concern..get proactive!👍

26 minutes ago, iamlost said:

August 2018 here. Never got a PF, got an RFE in February 2020, send it in May 2020. Still waiting too.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

7 hours ago, God is a good God said:

I am in removal proceedings too for 2 years, and filed vawa October 219 when I was in proceedings. My lawyer always file motions to continue until my vawa will be approved. No one has visited me at my house since the judge has issued continuances. Since you filed vawa, you are protected from deportation until a decision is made in the case.

Thank u so much for ur answer. I really got freaked out at one point and still. 

5 hours ago, Godschild said:

I don’t pay attention to those processing times at all. You can use it to see when your case is taking a really long time or something. I saw people who had VAwA approved in 14months on here, so you never know. My card went into production In July 2020, I filed in Jan 2019. I see people still waiting from 2017-2018, so nothing is set in stone. I didn’t do anything different except get my medicals updated and my attorney decided to mail it in to local office along with approval. The next thing I know is I got an email that umm we have your interview notice. I was shocked, but extremely grateful to God. I prayed and I asked him for approval in Oct and in Gods name that’s what will happen. I will walk out approved on Oct 26th. For everyone here, just believe in your victory. You know what you’ve been thru so trust God or whatever your faith is. There’s nothing that can’t be accomplished by just believing. I read most of the posts and stories on here. For those who are struggling to get a job, just keep trying. I’ve never had any employer ask about immigration status. I don’t divulge unnecessary information. I graduated this year with my Masters degree in June. I’m pursuing a career in the medical field. This year has been rough for everyone, but keep pushing. You’ll see your day will come.

To God be the glory!🙌🏾

So after your approval you and your lawyer just sent your medicals at the local office without receiving a courtesy letter ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.