2,966 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Hi! I am already VAWA approved, working for a year now. Just waiting for I485 to be scheduled for interview.  I was wondering if I can still get based on low income.

Yes you can. They will link it to your IRS document, coupled with the number of classes you are taking to determine how much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

It's supposed to just be the yes or no questions..but some officers try to use this time to shine..lol😀..since the pandemic I probably am among the most recent for green card interview..the few who got approved after didn't have any interviews...courtesy of the times! I know you will do well and of course God is going before you to make the way smooth!😊👍

Thanks boss lady lol I remember you were the last approval I read on here. I’m really hoping that it’s that quick and easy. It’s been a crazy year trying to remember every single address I’ve lived at lol. I hope this officer doesn’t make me relive the hell from the ex. I’ll keep everyone posted and Blessings to all as always. Much love you guys for every support and tough love you give. 

22 minutes ago, Godschild said:

Thanks boss lady lol I remember you were the last approval I read on here. I’m really hoping that it’s that quick and easy. It’s been a crazy year trying to remember every single address I’ve lived at lol. I hope this officer doesn’t make me relive the hell from the ex. I’ll keep everyone posted and Blessings to all as always. Much love you guys for every support and tough love you give. 

Good luck! Keep us posted.

38 minutes ago, Makanaki said:

Yes you can. They will link it to your IRS document, coupled with the number of classes you are taking to determine how much

Got you.  Thanks for the info!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Got you.  Thanks for the info!

Thank you @cindy122808 I definitely will and hopefully will continue be a source of info for others

Hello, if any of u could give me some advise/ relief I would be truly appreciated. I filled vawa and received receipt notice ( I-485, I-360, I-785 and I-131) last week. *Receipt notice date of September 2020. However, yesterday I received the letter from USCIS, it was about removal proceeding issuance date of Oct 2020. My attorney filed to dismiss the case right away and  told me that since vawa application was submitted before the removal issuance plus I have the proof and copy of I-485, hope that they do dismiss the case. But worst case scenario, I have to deal with it. Now I’m worrying about whole things even going outside started to scary me that law enforcement could come to me or come visit at my place. I just wanted or needed some advise from people here. Any advise will help and much appreciated.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
6 hours ago, Godschild said:

Question, any recent I-485 adjustment interview? I’m as prepared as can be, but with 1 week away just nervous. I was hoping for straight approval, but hey interview is the last step. I have an attorney with me, so that makes me feel slightly better. I’ve read that most officers ask yes/no questions with VAwA cases and that it’s pretty short. I’m just wondering about any recent interview experiences.

I am so happy for  you. All the best in your interview. Congrats in advance. I am always right after you. We both are jan 2019 pd. Waiting for interview or courtesy letter 

Did you get courtesy leyter.Where is your field office. 

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Stacie3 said:

Hello, if any of u could give me some advise/ relief I would be truly appreciated. I filled vawa and received receipt notice ( I-485, I-360, I-785 and I-131) last week. *Receipt notice date of September 2020. However, yesterday I received the letter from USCIS, it was about removal proceeding issuance date of Oct 2020. My attorney filed to dismiss the case right away and  told me that since vawa application was submitted before the removal issuance plus I have the proof and copy of I-485, hope that they do dismiss the case. But worst case scenario, I have to deal with it. Now I’m worrying about whole things even going outside started to scary me that law enforcement could come to me or come visit at my place. I just wanted or needed some advise from people here. Any advise will help and much appreciated.....

Stacie, sorry for all that is happening. Once they send that letter of removal, I doubt if they will come to your house. Not sure if the court will dismiss the case with just a receipt of 485 without the 360 approval letter. 

It's good though your lawyer is doing something. Don't be scared it will be okay. 

Some members here who know more about court proceedings will give you more information.

In my opinion I think you will be OK since you filed VAWA before removal. I am hopeful. Cheer up!

41 minutes ago, Restez Forts said:

Stacie, sorry for all that is happening. Once they send that letter of removal, I doubt if they will come to your house. Not sure if the court will dismiss the case with just a receipt of 485 without the 360 approval letter. 

It's good though your lawyer is doing something. Don't be scared it will be okay. 

Some members here who know more about court proceedings will give you more information.

In my opinion I think you will be OK since you filed VAWA before removal. I am hopeful. Cheer up!

Thank you for ur reply back. That’s what I’m hoping. Lawyer said that there gotta be some miscommunication between USCIS and department of homeland security. According to law, they should’ve not send the removal letter and I’m really hoping that I don’t be put in deportation process. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
20 hours ago, ponak98 said:

Friends - there is a DV lottery of green cards now. Can vawa applicant apply for DV lottery is vawa AOS is pending? is it advisable?

Hope for your advice.

DV Lottery are for those not living in the US.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

1 hour ago, Pinkrlion said:

DV Lottery are for those not living in the US.  

You can apply while in US and if you're in US when you win and your number becomes current you can actually file for AOS. Hell, I-485 itself has a box for DV winners.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Filed: Other Timeline
On 10/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Before Sandra the reputable attorney steps in...I just want to say it's not a good look with a pending AOS..intention..desperation et al. My take💁

Thanks again

would you think uscis won’t punish me if I have been applying for DV lottery until last year but before I360 was approved? Won’t do it this year....

got i360 approved and awaiting I485 decision

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.