2,966 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Naguto7659 said:

Apologies guys but did anyone here went through naturalization with previously vawa green card approved? Asking because needing to know what documents have to be submitted? Uscis site says if naturalization is based on marriage then marriage certificate and divorce decree need to be provided. Is our vawa considered to be marriage based and so we need to submit marriage documents?

No, VAWA based naturalization after 3 years is based on a special provision found in INA 319(a). On N-400 you'll actually check the other box and write something like "LPR via VAWA for 3 years; INA 319(a)".

They want you to submit the most recent marital document with the N-400 and bring all the marriage certificates and divorce decrees to the interview, same as with every other applicant. But unlike a person naturalizing via marriage under the regular 3 year provision you do not have to prove that you remain married and the marriage is still legit.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

2 hours ago, MarSam701 said:

Hi my Vawa family,  I do hope all is keeping  safe during this pandemic and each and everyone I360 which were approved will get their interview soon and for those awaiting for i360 approval it will happen in the name of Jesus.🙏❤...I am a bit excited this morning because I have contacted my congress person twice ., once in August 2020 and was advised that my i485 was in queue for interview  she also  reached out again to USCIS September ending and this morning I got an email from her stated that my case is now assigned to an officer for adjudication..to be honest I am happy and nervous at the same time knowing this process will soon come to an end...this forum is one of the best place to keep our head straight and I do appreciate each and everyone here., @Stillwinning!!!😊 you are one of our  best motivator ..may we all pray for each other has this journey is a very long one ., but throughout it all there is a bright light shinning at the end of the tunnel.🙏🙌👏💯💃💓

Wow so excited for you..your letter is probably on the way..or better yet...straight approval!😀🙌 blessings hon!❤🌼💐🌸

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow so excited for you..your letter is probably on the way..or better yet...straight approval!😀🙌 blessings hon!❤🌼💐🌸

@Stillwinning!!!😊 thanks I am keeping my fingers cross💯🙌😊

Edited by MarSam701

1 hour ago, ponak98 said:

Friends - there is a DV lottery of green cards now. Can vawa applicant apply for DV lottery is vawa AOS is pending? is it advisable?

Hope for your advice.

You can apply but you are unlikely to actually get a green card via it. That being said you don't really jeopardize anything by trying.

In order to do AOS, you basically would have had to maintain continuous non-immigrant status since you entered.

In order to do consular processing, you either need to have less than 180 days of unlawful presence, which would let you leave, not get a re-entry bar, get your immigrant visa, and return. Finally, there's the I-601A waiver for which you need a USC or LPR, Spouse and/or Parent(s) who'd suffer extreme hardship from your absence. That being said, I know I-601A can be used for DV lottery but I don't know of any cases where it was done.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, ponak98 said:

Friends - there is a DV lottery of green cards now. Can vawa applicant apply for DV lottery is vawa AOS is pending? is it advisable?

Hope for your advice.

I honestly think it might complicate your case. If your vawa is approved and standing by for aos adjudication I wouldn't recommend you looking in the direction. You can renew your ead combo card for usual travel and work in the US.

Hope this input helps.

4 minutes ago, Demise said:

You can apply but you are unlikely to actually get a green card via it. That being said you don't really jeopardize anything by trying.

In order to do AOS, you basically would have had to maintain continuous non-immigrant status since you entered.

In order to do consular processing, you either need to have less than 180 days of unlawful presence, which would let you leave, not get a re-entry bar, get your immigrant visa, and return. Finally, there's the I-601A waiver for which you need a USC or LPR, Spouse and/or Parent(s) who'd suffer extreme hardship from your absence. That being said, I know I-601A can be used for DV lottery but I don't know of any cases where it was done.

Thank you. I meant I have I-360 approved and have AOS pending now. I am in the USA waiting for the decision. At the same time there is this lottery now which I am debating on either apply for or not

Just now, Naguto7659 said:

Thank you. I meant I have I-360 approved and have AOS pending now. I am in the USA waiting for the decision. At the same time there is this lottery now which I am debating on either apply for or not

In this case, don't bother at all.

Filed: Other Timeline
7 minutes ago, aquila said:

I honestly think it might complicate your case. If your vawa is approved and standing by for aos adjudication I wouldn't recommend you looking in the direction. You can renew your ead combo card for usual travel and work in the US.

Hope this input helps.

Thank you and I think the same now....

@sandranj what would you think on apply for dv lottery while AOS is pending under approved I-360?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Question, any recent I-485 adjustment interview? I’m as prepared as can be, but with 1 week away just nervous. I was hoping for straight approval, but hey interview is the last step. I have an attorney with me, so that makes me feel slightly better. I’ve read that most officers ask yes/no questions with VAwA cases and that it’s pretty short. I’m just wondering about any recent interview experiences.

35 minutes ago, Godschild said:

Question, any recent I-485 adjustment interview? I’m as prepared as can be, but with 1 week away just nervous. I was hoping for straight approval, but hey interview is the last step. I have an attorney with me, so that makes me feel slightly better. I’ve read that most officers ask yes/no questions with VAwA cases and that it’s pretty short. I’m just wondering about any recent interview experiences.

It's supposed to just be the yes or no questions..but some officers try to use this time to shine..lol😀..since the pandemic I probably am among the most recent for green card interview..the few who got approved after didn't have any interviews...courtesy of the times! I know you will do well and of course God is going before you to make the way smooth!😊👍

47 minutes ago, ponak98 said:

Thank you and I think the same now....

@sandranj what would you think on apply for dv lottery while AOS is pending under approved I-360?

Before Sandra the reputable attorney steps in...I just want to say it's not a good look with a pending AOS..intention..desperation et al. My take💁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.