2,966 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Rick12344 said:

Hi everyone 

I filed I360 I485 I131and I765 July 2020. October 3 I received PF and biometrics appt for October 20. When can I expect my I131 to be approved? ( I haven’t seen my kids in 7 years😢)

You'll most likely get a combo card..that's the EAD and AP(CO9) together! You're looking at 5-8 months after filing. Be patient..you'll see them soon dear.❤😊👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You'll most likely get a combo card..that's the EAD and AP(CO9) together! You're looking at 5-8 months after filing. Be patient..you'll see them soon dear.❤😊👍

Thanks much!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Demise said:

Yes, you can file I-765 for a (c)(9) EAD on the basis of the pending I-485, either concurrently with or after I-485 was filed. This EAD is issued in 1 year increments, can be renewed as long as the I-485 is pending, comes with the automatic 180 day extension upon filing for renewal, and there's no filing fee for initial and renewal applications (there was a plan to make renewals cost money for I-485s filed on or after Oct 2, 2020, but the courts halted it).

Where you send your I-765 depends on where you filed the I-485.

If the I-485 was filed with VSC, you send it to:

USCIS - Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

If the I-485 was filed with an initial I-130 and you transferred it to the I-360 later, or you filed I-485 with the court you'll send it to:

Via USPS:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

FedEx, UPS, DHL, and other carriers other than the postal service:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn

3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

@Denise if you have a pending I-360 case, always and I'm saying always again ,file your EAD at Vermont.

7 hours ago, Moe94 said:

Dear all:

can we apply to i765 based on pending i485 and pending i360. If yes, what’s the address to file it for?

If you have a pending vawa I-360, send your EAD, travel authorization application to VERMONT. If you send it to any other office it will be super delayed. Once you file vawa, everything goes to Vermont.

Edited by Ana FL

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

1 hour ago, Ana FL said:

If you have a pending vawa I-360, send your EAD, travel authorization application to VERMONT. If you send it to any other office it will be super delayed. Once you file vawa, everything goes to Vermont.

Now that's right! Attorney, sometime in 2019 filed my EAD renewal at the wrong location and I aged before it was resolved! It had to be forwarded to Vermont before it was approved! No one here should make such a mistake! Once you file for i360, all roads leads to Vermont!😊👍

Good day all, 

I need some guidance with my case. I'm a little bit lost and not sure what I should do. I've applied to the green card based on marriage through the K1 Visa, while I was waiting for the interview, I separated from my husband and applied for the VAWA, and I got approved after two years and I received an employment authorization card and now I sent all paperwork to restart my adjustment of stats (I-485, I-765 and I-131), because the immigration said that my original/first case was denied, even through I never got a notification letter and when I check the case online, still pending. I'm very short on money lately, and I can't wait to get all of this process done. So, I sent all paperwork with the G-1450 Form (Authorization for Credit Card Transaction) and after 3 weeks, I got my paperwork returned, and saying that Credit Card is not an acceptable form of payment for forms direct-filed - I thought it was - Am I missing anything here? Also they said I submitted the wrong amount for payment, but I did submit $1,225 total - Should I submit the I-485 fee separated from the biometrics fee? I'm very confused.

I'm unable to pay in cash/check right now. Can I renew my work permit at least? It's under C31 category.

Thanks for your help.

uscisreturned.thumb.jpg.a8f9b02ee0b420773c06f0c8d8f92974.jpg

10 minutes ago, Roger12 said:

Good day all, 

I need some guidance with my case. I'm a little bit lost and not sure what I should do. I've applied to the green card based on marriage through the K1 Visa, while I was waiting for the interview, I separated from my husband and applied for the VAWA, and I got approved after two years and I received an employment authorization card and now I sent all paperwork to restart my adjustment of stats (I-485, I-765 and I-131), because the immigration said that my original/first case was denied, even through I never got a notification letter and when I check the case online, still pending. I'm very short on money lately, and I can't wait to get all of this process done. So, I sent all paperwork with the G-1450 Form (Authorization for Credit Card Transaction) and after 3 weeks, I got my paperwork returned, and saying that Credit Card is not an acceptable form of payment for forms direct-filed - I thought it was - Am I missing anything here? Also they said I submitted the wrong amount for payment, but I did submit $1,225 total - Should I submit the I-485 fee separated from the biometrics fee? I'm very confused.

I'm unable to pay in cash/check right now. Can I renew my work permit at least? It's under C31 category.

Thanks for your help.

You can only pay with card (using form G-1450) if you file with a lockbox, and most applications will go to some sort of a lockbox (lockbox in this context means an intake facility) that will do a first review, make sure everything's signed, process the G-1450, and forward it electronically to the right service center for actual processing.

VAWA related forms go directly to the Vermont Service Center bypassing the lockbox stage, so you can only pay for them with a check or a money order.

Yes you can renew your C31 EAD, but similarly to the above mentioned packet it too will go straight to VSC, meaning that you have to pay the filing fee with a check or money order.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

@Roger12

Also, if you are completely broke, made less than 150% of the current poverty line or are facing some compelling circumstances due to which you are unable to pay, you can try and get a fee waiver by attaching form I-912 and related evidence with the I-485/I-765/I-131 packet instead of the filing fee.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Apologies guys but did anyone here went through naturalization with previously vawa green card approved? Asking because needing to know what documents have to be submitted? Uscis site says if naturalization is based on marriage then marriage certificate and divorce decree need to be provided. Is our vawa considered to be marriage based and so we need to submit marriage documents?

Edited by Naguto7659

16 hours ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

@SamIAm876, I see you are in NY as well, I remember from previous post you mention contacting the Ombudsman and Senator Gillibrand, did you get some help from them in getting an interview date so far? My case got transferred since January 2019, no interview yet. Like you, my lawyer is Also of no help, only asking for money. Thanks

Yes the ombudsman office contacted me and I have a interview in two weeks. My lawyer did not get the notice.. Ofcourse 🙄 even though the notice I got from the ombudsman office clearly has the lawyers address as the address it was sent to. Thank God I’m a very proactive person because I would probably miss my interview sitting around wondering what’s happening. 

2 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

Yes the ombudsman office contacted me and I have a interview in two weeks. My lawyer did not get the notice.. Ofcourse 🙄 even though the notice I got from the ombudsman office clearly has the lawyers address as the address it was sent to. Thank God I’m a very proactive person because I would probably miss my interview sitting around wondering what’s happening. 

You did a great job not sitting around waiting. How long did it take before you got a response from the Ombudsman office? I just submit the for for an inquiry.  Thanks

2 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

@SamIAM876 When was your vawa case approved?

32 minutes ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

You did a great job not sitting around waiting. How long did it take before you got a response from the Ombudsman office? I just submit the for for an inquiry.  Thanks

Tbh I think it took a month because of everything that’s going on right now.  I remember in the past I contacted them about something n it look no more than two weeks. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.