2,966 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, SamIAm876 said:

Thank you!! I was trying so hard to avoid public transportation with the covid situation but I guess that’s what I’ll have to do 😩

On the day of my interview..I was very much tempted to drive..then I thought hard about it..finally called Uber! Best decision ever! I would probably have missed my interview driving around hoping for a miracle spot..in Manhattan those kind of miracles NEVER happen!🙅

6 minutes ago, Sam96 said:

Hello everyone

I’ve been following for a while now but never posted, regardless this forum has become like my extended family, I’m on sometimes first thing in the morning lol.

I have a pending vawa since August 2019, June of this year I filled I-485 with Ead and ap, I got my receipt but since then nothing. I’m in New York and thought I’d at least do my biometrics by now but haven’t.Does anyone know if this is normal now?

thank you 

June 2020? It's normal! It's been 4/5months now..you should be getting word or document from them soon..chilax and welcome here!🌼💐🌸😊👍

13 hours ago, Naguto7659 said:

dear friends

Received a medical exam RFE. They sent it on Oct 5 and attorney just told me which is Oct 12. Due date for them to receive it is by Nov 5.  Received from local uscis office. 

why the due date is so soon and is it a good sign? Can they approve the case without interview? Letter says they will make a decision on the case once medicals received. Also courtesy letter on medicals was received in August. 

Oh I see what's going on here..hmmm😊 looks like someone is about to get approved without getting on the hot seat! Well do as they say and congrats in advance! I really do wish this on everyone waiting..it's really not fun waiting💁 blessings sweety!❤

12 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

June 2020? It's normal! It's been 4/5months now..you should be getting word or document from them soon..chilax and welcome here!🌼💐🌸😊👍

Thank you so much 🥰 I know you’re one of the pillars of this forum so it means a lot 🧸

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Oh I see what's going on here..hmmm😊 looks like someone is about to get approved without getting on the hot seat! Well do as they say and congrats in advance! I really do wish this on everyone waiting..it's really not fun waiting💁 blessings sweety!❤

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊 I appreciate your support and you helped a lot. Praying for everyone. 

did my medical exam today and should hear back from physician within next 3-5 days. 

3 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

Thank you!! I was trying so hard to avoid public transportation with the covid situation but I guess that’s what I’ll have to do 😩

@SamIAm876, I see you are in NY as well, I remember from previous post you mention contacting the Ombudsman and Senator Gillibrand, did you get some help from them in getting an interview date so far? My case got transferred since January 2019, no interview yet. Like you, my lawyer is Also of no help, only asking for money. Thanks

3 hours ago, Moe94 said:

Dear all:

can we apply to i765 based on pending i485 and pending i360. If yes, what’s the address to file it for?

Yes, you can file I-765 for a (c)(9) EAD on the basis of the pending I-485, either concurrently with or after I-485 was filed. This EAD is issued in 1 year increments, can be renewed as long as the I-485 is pending, comes with the automatic 180 day extension upon filing for renewal, and there's no filing fee for initial and renewal applications (there was a plan to make renewals cost money for I-485s filed on or after Oct 2, 2020, but the courts halted it).

Where you send your I-765 depends on where you filed the I-485.

If the I-485 was filed with VSC, you send it to:

USCIS - Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden Street

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

If the I-485 was filed with an initial I-130 and you transferred it to the I-360 later, or you filed I-485 with the court you'll send it to:

Via USPS:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

P.O. Box 805887

Chicago, IL 60680-4120

FedEx, UPS, DHL, and other carriers other than the postal service:

USCIS

Attn: FBAS

131 South Dearborn

3rd Floor

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

hi,

i filed for vawa i-360 and i-485 at the same time with category c9, my ex husband is a citizen. how long is the i-485 taking nowadays? is the i-485 interview the last step? how long after the i-485 interview the applicant gets the green card?

I've been reading many posts where the applicant's i-360 was approved but they are still waiting to get their green card.

thanks

8 minutes ago, sabina4 said:

hi,

i filed for vawa i-360 and i-485 at the same time with category c9, my ex husband is a citizen. how long is the i-485 taking nowadays? is the i-485 interview the last step? how long after the i-485 interview the applicant gets the green card?

I've been reading many posts where the applicant's i-360 was approved but they are still waiting to get their green card.

thanks

Is your vawa approved? As you know, when the i360 is approved, your i485 is then transferred to your local office after a brief stop at NBC to join the queue for interview. The wait time varies for different field offices..i.e my i360 was approved March 2019..i485 transferred to local office June 2019...got the medical courtesy letter July 2019 then interview March 2020..approved same day.. got green card few days later! NYC🇺🇸😊👍

1 hour ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

@SamIAm876, I see you are in NY as well, I remember from previous post you mention contacting the Ombudsman and Senator Gillibrand, did you get some help from them in getting an interview date so far? My case got transferred since January 2019, no interview yet. Like you, my lawyer is Also of no help, only asking for money. Thanks

You should reach out to Senator Gillibrand too..very helpful! It's taking incredibly long..your case was transferred long before my i360 was even approved..it's concerning at this point.😏

17 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You should reach out to Senator Gillibrand too..very helpful! It's taking incredibly long..your case was transferred long before my i360 was even approved..it's concerning at this point.😏

I did reached out twice. Getting the same response. " Required an interview but due to Covid, cant give a date or time for the an interview" . Girl I am so frustrated, i get sleepless nights thinking about what has gone wrong. To top it off, I keep begging my Lawyer to atleast write a letter to Federal Plaza to do an inquiry but he keep saying NO, I have to wait. What else can i do?

25 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Is your vawa approved? As you know, when the i360 is approved, your i485 is then transferred to your local office after a brief stop at NBC to join the queue for interview. The wait time varies for different field offices..i.e my i360 was approved March 2019..i485 transferred to local office June 2019...got the medical courtesy letter July 2019 then interview March 2020..approved same day.. got green card few days later! NYC🇺🇸😊👍

thanks, i'm still waiting for my i-360 to get approved, i didnt know about that transfer and waiting times. thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone 

I filed I360 I485 I131and I765 July 2020. October 3 I received PF and biometrics appt for October 20. When can I expect my I131 to be approved? ( I haven’t seen my kids in 7 years😢)

3 hours ago, Patientlyawaiting said:

I did reached out twice. Getting the same response. " Required an interview but due to Covid, cant give a date or time for the an interview" . Girl I am so frustrated, i get sleepless nights thinking about what has gone wrong. To top it off, I keep begging my Lawyer to atleast write a letter to Federal Plaza to do an inquiry but he keep saying NO, I have to wait. What else can i do?

Oh I see..I had that response once..and soon after that, the interview was scheduled! This is a matter of being patient now...the covid situation didn't help too..but it's beneficial to enquire from time to time..who knows..might prompt them to finally set a date just so they can breathe easy..😊💁 and yes in response to your inbox..by all means do contact her again..you were asked to if you didn't hear anything after 45days!👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.