2,966 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Chei-360 said:

Hello all,

I starting to get worried,

My VAWA RFE was received in July 2020.

How long does it take to get update🙁

Filed VAWA petition DEC 2018

No PF since then, however EAD was renewed.

Can any one from DEc 2018 share time line please?

Thank you.

It depends..could be within 30, 60, 90 and even 120days... USCIS pretty much go at their own pace. Hopefully soon!😊👍

dear friends

Received a medical exam RFE. They sent it on Oct 5 and attorney just told me which is Oct 12. Due date for them to receive it is by Nov 5.  Received from local uscis office. 

why the due date is so soon and is it a good sign? Can they approve the case without interview? Letter says they will make a decision on the case once medicals received. Also courtesy letter on medicals was received in August. 

2 minutes ago, Naguto7659 said:

dear friends

Received a medical exam RFE. They sent it on Oct 5 and attorney just told me which is Oct 12. Due date for them to receive it is by Nov 5.  Received from local uscis office. 

why the due date is so soon and is it a good sign? Can they approve the case without interview? Letter says they will make a decision on the case once medicals received. Also courtesy letter on medicals was received in August. 

RFE for medicals tends to lead to a decision without interview, they CAN still interview you but it's unlikely.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

10 minutes ago, Naguto7659 said:

dear friends

Wow in my opinion that sounds like great news. They will most likely approve your GC without an interview. I wish they would choose this way for my approval 🙈  I had my medicals done in 4 days I guess. You have plenty of time to get it done and send it to them.

Good luck!!!!

7 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Wow in my opinion that sounds like great news. They will most likely approve your GC without an interview. I wish they would choose this way for my approval 🙈  I had my medicals done in 4 days I guess. You have plenty of time to get it done and send it to them.

Good luck!!!!

Thanks so much.

could you please help me to see what do I need to bring for medical exam appointment? 

I did one in 2017 when was doing my I130/I485 via my abusive ex-spouse.

24 minutes ago, Naguto7659 said:

Thanks so much.

could you please help me to see what do I need to bring for medical exam appointment? 

I did one in 2017 when was doing my I130/I485 via my abusive ex-spouse.

If you have records of previous shots you could take those to the doctor’s office so you won’t have to get those shots again (helps with pricing too). Other than that...your alien number and a picture ID.

And check the whole medical exam report when they hand it to you, any typos etc.

I mean... first thing is to make an appointment :) some places are pretty booked and some are available even for the same day. 

Edited by GreenB

1 hour ago, SamIAm876 said:

Good morning everyone,

does anyone know if the USCIS field office at 26 federal plaza in Manhattan has a parking for guest? 

thanks in advance 

As far as I know, there's no parking..in Manhattan, you're better off been dropped off and picked up except of course you want to use the subway! Thank me later!😉😊

2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

As far as I know, there's no parking..in Manhattan, you're better off been dropped off and picked up except of course you want to use the subway! Thank me later!😉😊

Thank you!! I was trying so hard to avoid public transportation with the covid situation but I guess that’s what I’ll have to do 😩

3 hours ago, SamIAm876 said:

Good morning everyone,

does anyone know if the USCIS field office at 26 federal plaza in Manhattan has a parking for guest? 

thanks in advance 

I've been to federal plaza and like the rest of Manhattan there's no god damn parking there except 30/hr lots and street parking which means driving around in circles for an hour. Just take the subway or an uber.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Hello everyone

I’ve been following for a while now but never posted, regardless this forum has become like my extended family, I’m on sometimes first thing in the morning lol.

I have a pending vawa since August 2019, June of this year I filled I-485 with Ead and ap, I got my receipt but since then nothing. I’m in New York and thought I’d at least do my biometrics by now but haven’t.Does anyone know if this is normal now?

thank you 

Edited by Sam96

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.