2,966 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Formykid said:

Good morning/ good afternoon 

I moved a month ago, and used the form AR11 to change my adress.

A month later USCIS sent my EAD card to my old adress (my attorney).

I sent a new AR11 hopefully they will change the adress on time so my i485 can be sent to thw right lical office.

My question is, for you VAWA applicant, whats is the right way to change adress? Please 

U did it right through AR11 but idk why they always do this. As for my case some notices were at my new address and some to the old. I had to send them 3 letters what has been going on attaching the original ar11 I filed to get their attention on the matter but I am not sure if it is working. I will have to wait and see with the I485 notices I am waiting for. 

It's messy.

On 10/31/2020 at 6:07 AM, Ana FL said:

I think it doesn’t matter where the abuse happened. If you moved states just remember to get a background check of all the counties you lived in the past 3 years. 
the difference between where you file will be on the I-485 since each location has a different timeline. But you have to file in the state/county you live. 
when you file for vawa all of your immigration applications should go to Vermont. All EAD, renewals, go to Vermont:

USCIS
Vermont Service Center
Attn: Humanitarian Unit
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, VT 05479-0001

Thanks very much for making time and replying my questions. The thing is i've heard from 3 different sources that most male applicants who applied other than NY got rejected. That's why i'm trying to find out an answer for this stp*d question. immigration is federal law and they shouldn't be discriminating people based on where they apply for it?? So to come to my question, is there any male applicants that you know of from texas that filed and approved or waiting at this moment?

Thanks again for making time and answering. 

15 hours ago, Godschild said:

This is so beautiful. God works in mysterious ways my dear. I’m going to have my first child in December and I’m so excited. There’s always light at the end of a dark tunnel. It’s hard to see when you’re in the mist of it. Congratulations on the upcoming little one. 

Thank you so much and congrats to you too! I pray you have a safe delivery. And you’re right, just when we think it’s all darkness a little light starts to shine through. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Kama2018 said:

It is really great to see so many approvals. I am happy for everyone who got it and hope and pray for me and others who are still waiting. God will help us and keep strong until we get this two words 'case approved' meaning whole life for us, but probably nothing for migration officers who deal with that every day.

We’re getting closer and closer to approvals, praise the lord.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, mm1010 said:

Thanks very much for making time and replying my questions. The thing is i've heard from 3 different sources that most male applicants who applied other than NY got rejected. That's why i'm trying to find out an answer for this stp*d question. immigration is federal law and they shouldn't be discriminating people based on where they apply for it?? So to come to my question, is there any male applicants that you know of from texas that filed and approved or waiting at this moment?

Thanks again for making time and answering. 

I don't think they adjudicate this cases bases on which state you come from. I believe it's 100% your story and evidence.

Filed: Other Timeline
10 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

U did it right through AR11 but idk why they always do this. As for my case some notices were at my new address and some to the old. I had to send them 3 letters what has been going on attaching the original ar11 I filed to get their attention on the matter but I am not sure if it is working. I will have to wait and see with the I485 notices I am waiting for. 

It's messy.

Crazy huh! Thank you 🙏

On 10/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, Klein said:

Good day to the whole group.

I just want to ask for those who attended the green card interview.  I was recently approved i360 and is hoping for an interview this year.

My question is because of the covid I lost my job since last april . Im not in any public benefits and sorts. I have been using my emergency funds.

Does havjng no job gonna affect my greencard application?

Thank you for your kind responses.

Stay safe all

God bless always

I just had my interview last week. My greencard is approved. And I have been unemployed since mid March due to covid. 

5 hours ago, Librawarrior said:

Someone here mentioned a cheap online translator for birth certificate. Anyone mind sharing? My birth certificate isn’t in English. 

I used this one but there are many others too. It was on top of google search and their prices seemed reasonable to me.

www.languex.co

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/30/2020 at 5:45 PM, Risen said:

My Ex sent me a divorce paper two weeks ago , he want me to sign it on a ground of no fault.  We had no child together or properties.  I dont want anything from him either. I have no lawyer,  I need help, do you think is advisable for me to sign it because of my Vawa. 

You can sign the divorce papers,it will not affect your Vawa case at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.