2,966 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, one more question for AOS interview.

Do they expect me to tell them all the addresses I lived and workplace info with addresses from my memory? 

Or am I allowed to have a list of them in my hand? Or a copy of my I485 submitted in 2018?

I have had terrible memory after everything happened, my memory is really troubling me sometimes.

@Demise @Stillwinning!!!😊

Edited by GreenB

4 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Do they expect me to tell them all the addresses I lived and workplace info with addresses from my memory? 

Or am I allowed to have a list of them in my hand? Or a copy of my I485 submitted in 2018?

I have had terrible memory after everything happened, my memory is really troubling me sometimes.

They probably won't ask and if they do having it written down or saying "From on or around [date] until on or around [date]" is fine.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

46 minutes ago, GreenB said:

Feel free to write them all down...just incase sweety😊👍

1 hour ago, Drugastern said:

Okay. So I don't have to send any letter or do anything now. Thank you thank you! I will ignore my lawyer

Smiles..that's ok..he can write if he wants to..but as long as the i485 is linked to the i360, USCIS will be transferring it to your local office like I explained earlier.😊👍

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

122229612_2774075396200888_9141257786326829038_n.thumb.jpg.55ae98667c096082ca6b187dffa530d8.jpgHello guys, I received RFE this morning, I applied may last year so it has been 18 months now, do you guys have any idea what it might be ? I kinda submitted everything that I had. thanks a lot 

1 hour ago, Walidqa said:

122229612_2774075396200888_9141257786326829038_n.thumb.jpg.55ae98667c096082ca6b187dffa530d8.jpgHello guys, I received RFE this morning, I applied may last year so it has been 18 months now, do you guys have any idea what it might be ? I kinda submitted everything that I had. thanks a lot 

At least you now receive something. Filed in April of the same year, I haven’t heard anything yet...

2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Feel free to write them all down...just incase sweety😊👍

Thank you 😊 Super happy this day has finally come but it’s also nerve wrecking 😂

Btw... is it ok if I send you a message? @Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, 2020filer said:

Hi friends!

Today I received my i-130 denial letter addressed to my spouse. Did anyone get it before? What does it mean to me?

I think that's normal, as long as you have your I485 and I360 pending.

5 hours ago, Walidqa said:

Most common reasons are:

1. Legitimacy of marriage / cohabitation, if you have a bit of a thin file with your (former) spouse or were previously in removal proceedings

2. Police clearances, more common if you're a recent arrival in US, since otherwise USCIS will tend to have a prior FBI background check on you, or use the one from I-485, or you have some criminal record which contradicts a finding of good moral character.

Less common reasons:

1. Insufficient evidence of abuse (actions were not physically violent and do not establish a pattern, USCIS can take even a self-affidavit alone at face value, but you have to go into pretty rough detail)

2. Missing evidence of abuser's status (you need to submit proof that the abuser was a USC/LPR, like their birth certificate, passport, green card, receipt/approval notice for a previously filed I-130, etc).

Even less common reasons:

1. Asking for evidence regarding legitimacy of a previous marriage if you were married to someone else previously and were petitioned by them.

2. Statutory issues, e.g. VAWA doesn't come with protections for prior spouses of LPRs that have died, but there were cases where people have successfully argued that death (i.e. loss of LPR status) was the direct result of the abuse. Abusing spouse kept threatening suicide and eventually made good on the threat.

You won't know until you read the RFE notice. I personally was RFE'd for bona fides of the marriage and cohabitation. I submitted everything else I could (didn't help that IRS was closed to the Trump flu at the time, though I found the cover from a NYS tax return listing both our addresses), and wrote a cover letter walking the agent through everything old and new like how one would explain things to a caveman. Still waiting on a decision.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.