2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

When you're pending background check, all you have to do is be patient..it usually takes time but always resolves!👍

Thanks dear. I hope this ends soon. I am sooooo tired.

40 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

Is not passport copy, is 2 style passport photo.....  my renewal was return yesterday because I did not included 2x passport photo... I don't know if this is new or what I resent again. 

I know exactly what you mean honey😊 Two passport style photos..and that's what I was talking about.👍

Quick update 
06/30 Applied for EAD and Advance Parole renewals.

10/20 Status changed to new card being produced

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello family. I’m crying my heart out. Today I received this and I don’t know how could I possibly find the strength to keep going. 
I’m November 2018 applicant. 
my lawyer asked me to think of what could have caused this eventually even if she believes could be a total randomness. I never even had a speed ticket in my life. 

I read here stories of pending VAWAs stock in security check for years. Would you minding giving me some additional information?

52B96491-ED7C-4968-B2A7-4A1E1AC65EA5.png

2 minutes ago, Vale1 said:

Hello family. I’m crying my heart out. Today I received this and I don’t know how could I possibly find the strength to keep going. 
my lawyer asked me to think of what could have caused this eventually even if she believes could be a total randomness. I never even had a speed ticket in my life. 

I read here stories of pending VAWAs stock in security check for years. Would you minding giving me some additional information?

Really sorry to hear this. But that's all there is to know..it does take time but some resolves faster than others. I hope yours resolves sooner. Please find the strength to accept and keep holding on. You must not give up now. This is a journey of survivors..so be strong!💪👍

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Really sorry to hear this. But that's all there is to know..it does take time but some resolves faster than others. I hope yours resolves sooner. Please find the strength to accept and keep holding on. You must not give up now. This is a journey of survivors..so be strong!💪👍

Hello my dear. You are always the sweetest. Do you know if a pending security check can jeopardize a combo card renewal?

1 hour ago, Vale1 said:

Sounds like another background check to me?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, MariFD said:

Hey everyone. I posted a while back, uscis was asking for other people besides me to go to i485 interview. . It was a mistake of course. I think they were asking for my abuser to go. I contacted congressman and they spoke with immigration and gave me an interview date of Nov 9th. 

I will call to make an appointment for physical tomorrow. My question.  How long does it take for them to give you results ? 

Usually the doctors give the results within 48/72 hours.

32 minutes ago, Shroy123 said:

Received this response from my senator.

anybody know what does it mean exactly?

8AD109EE-095A-4855-BE85-0DE603282056.jpeg

It's basically a non-answer. It's delayed, we're working on it, go away.

Honestly sometimes an inquiry will manage to get a case unstuck, but most of the time you'll just get this. I inquired both about my DACA and my VAWA via my congressman. Got a reply that the DACA is pending with VSC and that VAWA is pending with the VAWA team at VSC. My DACA was actually approved the following day after they responded, and my VAWA is still pending a month later, but in my case I think there's a lot of things that are holding it up, namely I was RFE'd for bona fides of my marriage due to being in removal proceedings like 12 years before I got married, a prior approved I-130 which to the best of my knowledge is still at the NVC, and me making an untested legal argument (basically a petition based on the same marriage being approved previously being sufficient evidence to get another bona fide marriage exemption under 8 CRF 245.1 (c)(8)(v)) which could trigger some sort of review by someone higher up (like the AAO).

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

1 minute ago, Demise said:

It's basically a non-answer. It's delayed, we're working on it, go away.

Honestly sometimes an inquiry will manage to get a case unstuck, but most of the time you'll just get this. I inquired both about my DACA and my VAWA via my congressman. Got a reply that the DACA is pending with VSC and that VAWA is pending with the VAWA team at VSC. My DACA was actually approved the following day after they responded, and my VAWA is still pending a month later, but in my case I think there's a lot of things that are holding it up, namely I was RFE'd for bona fides of my marriage due to being in removal proceedings like 12 years before I got married, a prior approved I-130 which to the best of my knowledge is still at the NVC, and me making an untested legal argument (basically a petition based on the same marriage being approved previously being sufficient evidence to get another bona fide marriage exemption under 8 CRF 245.1 (c)(8)(v)) which could trigger some sort of review by someone higher up (like the AAO).

2 months ago when i inquired, i got a response that my case is with nbc and it will be ready for schedule once they have a date available.

now this response 😞

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vale1 said:

I have a lot of cases filed in April and May 2018 and the USCIS didn't adjudicate the cases yet.

Hi Everyone! I am writing to report back from my initial marriage interview - maybe helpful to some. 

I no longer live in NY so I came in to the city just for the reason of the interview. Had to take 2 days off my work but its ok. I walked in and got a ticket, the interview was supposed to be at 8:50 am. I have an attorney for my VAWA case and she said she will appear telephonically and told me to give them the package and the attorney representation form. Well, its about 11 am now and I am waiting. Do not got to inquire about my ticket since I was scared to be "noisy" you know. Be patient with immigration they say. Sat there for a while until 3 hours have passed and I went to the window to ask. They said they issued a wrong ticket and notified the supervisor, in about 30 mins I was interviewed. I handled the officer my package and said my attorney is appearing telephonically. They looked at the form and said they cant call the lawyer since they didn't sign the form. I looked at it and indeed my attorney forgot to sign the form. I texted the attorney and they said to look into the VAWA package and there is a signed copy of the form. The officer said they don't accept the copies. Although later, my lawyer sent me a USCIS statement that copies of signatures are acceptable during Corona. The officer said that they are proceeding to the interview without a lawyer. I was so scared. He started asking me marriage based questions. He was asking details of our neighborhood, his info, parents etc...Then the asked about the abuse part with "what happened" and "how was he abusive". I started describing and started CRYING. (I always do when someone asks about it) I also cry through my therapy sessions when asked. Anyways, I couldn't continue speaking and he said "let's continue with easier questions" and was asking basic date questions and typical I485 questions. I was there for a while. When I got out, he went to take a copy of my passport (not sure why) and then let me out. I asked him to hold my 485 and he said yes. Not sure what all this torture was for. Called my lawyer afterwards and she said she will contact his supervisor etc etc and I told her not to to not made them mad and cancel my 485. She said she wouldn't (don't know about that) I think this is a total mistake on the part of the lawyers. It didn't occur to me to look to check if they gave me the right signed copy, was just not thinking about their signatures but they should have known... 

Anyways, because of 3 hour wait and then the actual interview I missed my flight back. I was hysterically crying coming out and was shaking, I think I scared other immigrants, lol. I hoped I wouldn't cry during the interview. I hope I can start controlling it some time soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.