2,966 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, Salyeen said:

Hey guys I’m really Confused I post before and thank u guys for making us held . 

i got a number from this website he saying he is a lawyer ( I have my own lawyer but just asking around ) 

The one from this website saying if u been abused physically u have show your face with the hit . My hit in my toe ! And totally flamed 

I just want to ask who get approved and what evidence u guys post because I really want to live a normal life but I’m so scared and scared of rejection , 

i gave them a pic of my toe hit by my abused ( my face not showing ) 

and letter from a psychological saying that I been in domestic violence 

and I sent them som text and letter from the bank when I transfer money to her and when she took money ( financial abused ) 

are those enough?? 

and it’s been almost 2-3 weeks I haven’t heard from them about prima facie is anyone Eligible for it .

I had a picture of my toe and leg but I also had one with arm and face.  I got approved.

If you can't get a good angel to take toe and face together, or you have no one to take the picture for you, then you take it yourself the best you can. 

They understand all this and they will put everything into consideration. You said you sent psychological evaluation, you should be fine. Don't worry.

9 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

Hello everyone! So I have been pondering heavily lately on filing the divorce because I want to get it over with. I want to move on. I was doing a lot of research about filing a divorce by publication for the mere reason that I really don't want to have a contact with my ex anymore. To him or anyone in his circle. Also I don't know where exactly he is now. But I found out that in order to do the publication I have to prove to the court that I have a made every effort to find him (which I don't want to do). Has anyone done the divorce by publication? Finding him just to file a divorce is giving me anxiety to the roof. I really don't want to have anything to do with him anymore.

Suggestions please.

Hi, do you have a past or active restraining order on him? I’m currently in the process of divorce, because I have a restraining order and have no idea his address, my attorney filed for divorce by publication which was approved by the court, now just waiting for the summons to publish (but it’s taking so long to get it. More than 4 months waiting) 

4 minutes ago, GodIsGood2 said:

Hi, do you have a past or active restraining order on him? I’m currently in the process of divorce, because I have a restraining order and have no idea his address, my attorney filed for divorce by publication which was approved by the court, now just waiting for the summons to publish (but it’s taking so long to get it. More than 4 months waiting) 

Hi! No I don't have :(

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, cindy122808 said:

Hello everyone! So I have been pondering heavily lately on filing the divorce because I want to get it over with. I want to move on. I was doing a lot of research about filing a divorce by publication for the mere reason that I really don't want to have a contact with my ex anymore. To him or anyone in his circle. Also I don't know where exactly he is now. But I found out that in order to do the publication I have to prove to the court that I have a made every effort to find him (which I don't want to do). Has anyone done the divorce by publication? Finding him just to file a divorce is giving me anxiety to the roof. I really don't want to have anything to do with him anymore.

Suggestions please.

You have to go by your state laws for divorce.  There is no court that will allow you to use publication without proving at a minimum that you have attempted to serve him with divorce papers.  If you do not want any contact with your ex, then you need to hire a lawyer who will handle everything for you.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

6 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

You have to go by your state laws for divorce.  There is no court that will allow you to use publication without proving at a minimum that you have attempted to serve him with divorce papers.  If you do not want any contact with your ex, then you need to hire a lawyer who will handle everything for you.  

Thank you. That's the problem I really don't like to deal with lawyers they charge too much which I don't have the money to pay. I have gone this far got approved with my VAWA without a lawyer :( I guess I just have to find ways to reach him😒

Edited by cindy122808

12 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

If they have effected the new fees, then you're looking at $550 otherwise it's $410! Read some days back that EAD fees for DACA is $410 then non DACA is $550..according to the proposed fee hikes! Destination is always Vermont don't forget that!👍

Hi thank you for your promptly respond. Is kinda weird on uscis fee calculator still showing 410 but in the pdf of new fee no daca $550

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 minutes ago, cindy122808 said:

Thank you. That's the problem I really don't like to deal with lawyers they such charge too much which I don't have the money to pay. I have gone this far got approved with my VAWA without a lawyer :( I guess I just have to find ways to reach him😒

Read up on your state laws first.  My cousin just found out that they have to be separated for 18 months before they can file for divorce.  Good Lord!!!!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

35 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Read up on your state laws first.  My cousin just found out that they have to be separated for 18 months before they can file for divorce.  Good Lord!!!!

Yes I have read I can file a divorce. In our state it requires at least straight one year of not living together. Which I qualified. I just can't bear the thought of connecting to him again.

15 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey..that's ok..it's something most of us did..whatever you do..not tell your abuser about the interview! Are you expecting he will just show up with you all loving and supportive or what?..did you forget why you filed vawa?💁 usually when you go, you take your i360 NOA and prima facie if you have and let the officer know you just filed the petition..but if you don't, let the officer know as well..they should give you an option of sending it in or so..no it's not scary at all..just be calm and polite..you'll be out within minutes!😊👍

Thank you! I thought that interview gets canceled once the i-360 is filed? I didn't know it's possible for the abuser to go to the interview as a couple once VAWA is filed. Has someone done it?  

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline

Attached is my rfe below for my i360  ,Hello house @Stillwinning!!!😊 @sandranj @Lovelyday@dreamer1 @Wolf2020 @hopingwgrace @Sharshar42  @Ylx @isurvived @Ms. Lopez  @Roms2019 have received my rfe from the uscis and I want to believe that person Incharge of my case is a potential devil ,or likely an abuser lol 😂  ...I sent all the requested for my i360 application.yet the officer is still sending me rfe ..telling me my joint bank account does not show the intent of our marriage ..bank account that runs for over a year ..I sent bank statement of like one year to them for joint bank statement that have my name and my abusive spouse name on it ,yet the office is stating what we dnt even understand ..my lawyer told me that the officer might likely be a low key abuser lol..cuz what he is referring to is not making no sense ..

2.they said I sent life insurance that I didn’t pay during the course that we have it ..I dnt work my wife is the one that work off and on ..I dnt even have a social security as that time time we did the life insurance and I wasn’t working so how is that suppose to be my fault ..my lawyer said he is really gonna write a serious letter back to them !! That he is sensing some discrimination in my case !! But he said we will win by Gods grace .my lawyer said even those that dnt even have any proofs like bank statement gets approved ..so far they were able to show the abuse !!!

3. They said that we pay the rent by cash..yeah my wife is in charge of the payment of the rent and all she do is to just pay the rent and get receipt ..so how do we suppose to have access to those who issues receipt .so far we paid and we get all our mails in the house that’s what matters ..my lawyer said the officer is just trying to Bring up matters where there is no matters ..the receipt carries the address we receive all our mails back then ..and my wife is the one in charge of the payment not me cuz I wasn’t working as at that time and there was little I could say cuz she is so aggressive and abusive !!! My wife even fought with the landlord that she had to instruct me that I must not talk to them as well ..that is she sees me talk to them I will be in trouble ..the officer should clearly know that there is little I could do when am in an abusive relationship ,most especially when I dnt even have social security number and have not even started working ..so she has all the power on me .she threatens me everytime with immigration and deportation,the officer should be able to know that there is little I could do but my lawyer told me that they always make the Vawa case worst for men !! But I will not relent cuz I have everything to fight this case !! And God will give me victory 

4.now they telling me to resubmit the same things that have submitted with more pictures ,stating that they want to know our daily routine in our marriage ..my wife is an abuser ,she is very very domineering that I can’t even talk in the house ,she dnt let people come look for me ,she dnt let me go anywhere ..literally I suffered anxiety and depression through all of these ..I have psychological evaluation yet the officer is still trying to be naughty and mean ...but I will not allow that ..I will go hard for this so far I know my marriage is real and the officer doesn’t own immigration..I will not feel bad or relent ..I’m ready to fight this to any length cuz I know my wife really abuse me physically and emotionally and we even have what I suppose to have to proof the marriage of good faith ..just that some immgration officer are evil and they like to mess with innocent people’s emotions ..you know what they went through ,they almost die yet some officers would still want to act evil chz they might like be an abuser to and racist..

my lawyer said he will make sure you handle the case and address everything and try to let the officer know that he is just been considerate ..

I have chose not to even bother myself about the whole thing cuz what will be will be and have seen cases on here that they dnt even have any proofs and they get approved .. so I will just do what I have to do instead of thinking and thinking about one wicked racist potential abuser officer !!

9ABD21BF-5CFD-43E6-AE34-236AF009B916.jpeg

A9E5329E-075A-4CDC-A48B-299E17504281.jpeg

31AC1688-B469-43B1-B494-3CB0D0890B22.jpeg

Edited by Blunt

Filed: Timeline

Blunt, unfortunately the officer doubts your marriage was real. You gave all evidence you could. Although I feel like your declaration was lacking some details, this is where your lawyer has to explain in detail about information that you didn't clarify.

I am wondering if your lawyer went through your declaration. Some don't.

Don't give up. I also had problems like yours and I succeeded. It took long, it was a mess but it worked out in the end.

41 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Thank you! I thought that interview gets canceled once the i-360 is filed? I didn't know it's possible for the abuser to go to the interview as a couple once VAWA is filed. Has someone done it?  

You probably misunderstood my post. Where did you get the impression that the interview gets cancelled once i360 is filed? What's the point of filing vawa if the spouse will go with you to your marriage based interview? The purpose of vawa is to adjust status as a self petitioner...without the help of your abuser! If you want to go with your spouse, then you do not need vawa..it's pretty clear.👍

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Restez Forts said:

Blunt, unfortunately the officer doubts your marriage was real. You gave all evidence you could. Although I feel like your declaration was lacking some details, this is where your lawyer has to explain in detail about information that you didn't clarify.

I am wondering if your lawyer went through your declaration. Some don't.

Don't give up. I also had problems like yours and I succeeded. It took long, it was a mess but it worked out in the end.

Yeah I think I will have to write another declaration on all the documents I have and wrote a lengthy letter back to the officer ..cuz there is nothing that is there that doesn’t show real marriage or is it until I show do videos of how we live and go places together the officer would believe,just like my lawyer said he said the officer is mean and wicked ,that we will fight him cuz we have mote documents even psychological evaluation and medical reports of where she hits me ..can a stranger hit me ?? Can I report a stranger as my wife for a police ..I have the police report as well..just like my lawyer said ,he said the officer is sentimental or likely the officer is racist or a potential abuser that wants to mess with my emotions and my emotions is too strong beyond that cuz I have realized that green card dnt even determines someone’s happiness in life ..so am not gonna be desperate or worry myself about what I can’t control ..all I just have to do is to fight it hard and win the case ..that’s it !! I even have pictures in different scene..yet this officer is still saying something different !!! All they want is someone should have immigration problems so that you won’t even have peace of mind during your years in America!! But God is greater than the evil ones amongst them !! I will send all what I have here again and write another affidavit about all am resending again and my lawyer would write is own to back it up again ..last time I check green card dnt guarantee happiness and a fulfilled life ..what will be will be ..thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.