Clarks2021

CR1 Refused No Explaination

28 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Clarks2021 said:

Are you some sort of proponent for the USEM? I am only saying they are holding VISAs unjustly for some reason all the time

Once you find out the reason why they didn't issue your wife a visa right away, you can update this thread. Until then, the facts show that they are issuing a lot of spousal visas, and your opinion is incorrect. "All the time"? 95% of the time they are unjustly holding onto a visa just for the fun of it? C'mon man. 

57 minutes ago, user555 said:

Once you find out the reason why they didn't issue your wife a visa right away, you can update this thread. Until then, the facts show that they are issuing a lot of spousal visas, and your opinion is incorrect. "All the time"? 95% of the time they are unjustly holding onto a visa just for the fun of it? C'mon man. 

They need to give a reason rather than doing something without cause...

2 minutes ago, Clarks2021 said:

They need to give a reason rather than doing something without cause...

Administrative processing . . . they don't have to tell you more.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Timeline

They did give you an explanation- Administrative processing. Its a vague catch all reason but its a valid reason they use none the less... Anyway it sounds like the Officer doing your wifes interview was new or otherwise inexperienced and needs to get things signed off by a superior. Its pretty common. They also are not obligated to look at anything you bring to the interview. Its often debated if Officers pre determine the decision prior to the interview. There are mixed analysis both supporting and disputing this concept. Its a shame they didnt keep her passport though. Now it will be a bit of additional time for them to ask for it, her to give it to them, and them to give it back to her with the visa. Hang in there- it shouldnt be much longer. 

16 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

They did give you an explanation- Administrative processing. Its a vague catch all reason but its a valid reason they use none the less... Anyway it sounds like the Officer doing your wifes interview was new or otherwise inexperienced and needs to get things signed off by a superior. Its pretty common. They also are not obligated to look at anything you bring to the interview. Its often debated if Officers pre determine the decision prior to the interview. There are mixed analysis both supporting and disputing this concept. Its a shame they didnt keep her passport though. Now it will be a bit of additional time for them to ask for it, her to give it to them, and them to give it back to her with the visa. Hang in there- it shouldnt be much longer. 

Thanks for the words of compassion. Yeah how can they make a valid decision off of questions and civil documents. Its the consular's fault for not notating the tour visa denial I am sure that triggered it. Hopefully, not much longer. 

2 hours ago, Clarks2021 said:

Its the consular's fault for not notating the tour visa denial I am sure that triggered it.

A denied tourist (or any other) visa is only an issue if there was misrepresentation or if the CO believes that there are inconsistencies between the interviews.  It is not uncommon to be in AP and never know the "why".

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

4 hours ago, Clarks2021 said:

Yeah how can they make a valid decision off of questions and civil documents. Its the consular's fault for not notating the tour visa denial I am sure that triggered it. Hopefully, not much longer. 

Technically, they only have to review evidence submitted with the I-130. The I-130 requests evidence of a bona fide marriage. They typically do consider everything after that point, but there is no actual requirement to do so.

The tourist visa refusal almost certainly did provide a reason....very, very, very likely INA 214(b). They don't need to give specifics, but they do need to provide the section of the INA for which she was ineligible for the visa.

But that wouldn't be a reason for a hold up or issue with this visa (unless she lied or something, which doesn't sound like is the case here).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

27 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Technically, they only have to review evidence submitted with the I-130. The I-130 requests evidence of a bona fide marriage. They typically do consider everything after that point, but there is no actual requirement to do so.

The tourist visa refusal almost certainly did provide a reason....very, very, very likely INA 214(b). They don't need to give specifics, but they do need to provide the section of the INA for which she was ineligible for the visa.

But that wouldn't be a reason for a hold up or issue with this visa (unless she lied or something, which doesn't sound like is the case here).

i have no choice but to wait it out...

8 hours ago, Clarks2021 said:

Thanks for the words of compassion. Yeah how can they make a valid decision off of questions and civil documents. Its the consular's fault for not notating the tour visa denial I am sure that triggered it. Hopefully, not much longer. 

We got your back here.  Lets sit tight and hope this gets resolved and the visa gets issue.  Odd are likely that will be the issue, sounds like maybe the CO was a newbie, like another poster stated.

22 minutes ago, Allovertheworld said:

We got your back here.  Lets sit tight and hope this gets resolved and the visa gets issue.  Odd are likely that will be the issue, sounds like maybe the CO was a newbie, like another poster stated.

Thank you 😊 I am praying for a quick resolution so we can move on. No issues until we hit the embassy.

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 8:45 AM, Clarks2021 said:

Thank you 😊 I am praying for a quick resolution so we can move on. No issues until we hit the embassy.

So what was the reason for seven days in AP? 

On 9/4/2020 at 4:43 AM, Hank_ said:

Everything is going along normal.  Returning the passport is SOP  so don't stress on that. 

Being denied a tourist visa shouldn't be an issue, your wife is not the first to be denied. 

Age gap shouldn't be any issue ... or thousands upon thousands would have had an issue  ;)  

For now .. patience.

A tourist visa is now needed? I remember before the only thing needed to enter was your passport and a ticket when youre going to leave the country..

please leave me any info needed to apply for the visa.. and where? online?

Thanks so much Hank!!

pic2_2022.jpg.c44bdafe791ace24f3ee1b38379ac5ab.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.