Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, discoverusa said:

Hi, I am following this thread because I helped someone submit N400 back in September. I noticed you have an interview in Boston, but live in Ansonia. Don't you think this is strange? 

My friend is in Norwalk, CT. Hopefullly he won't get called to Boston, MA for the interview. 

We are the same boat I will have my interview April 26 I live in CT 

•  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, discoverusa said:

Hi, I am following this thread because I helped someone submit N400 back in September. I noticed you have an interview in Boston, but live in Ansonia. Don't you think this is strange? 

My friend is in Norwalk, CT. Hopefullly he won't get called to Boston, MA for the interview. 

Yeaaaa wow everybody get interview en Boston a live in ansonia too this is weird 😐

11 hours ago, justwill said:

USPS just notified me that there was a mail coming from USCIS.

I logged in to USCIS website and it showed that the interview schedule mail was being sent out.

I don't have the mail yet so I don't know when my interview date is. I'll post an update later when I get my mail.

That's a great movement on your application! Thanks for sharing.

When did you submitted your application, if I may ask?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cloud Gate said:

That's a great movement on your application! Thanks for sharing.

When did you submitted your application, if I may ask?

N-400 Filed and Receipt for 01-Sep-2020
Biometric Reuse notice on 30-Dec-2020

Also, originally, the completion date was stated as July. But it changed last month to May.

Edited by justwill

22 hours ago, Bmc1 said:

Is anyone still able to view their estimated case completion time? .... Before I could see an estimated time and next milestone, but now that tab seems to have disappeared.

I just checked mine and  same   it doesn't show completion time  anymore. 

Before used to show estimated time and next milestone thing.

Weird things happening  in the system  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
3 hours ago, LARA_nj said:

I just checked mine and  same   it doesn't show completion time  anymore. 

Before used to show estimated time and next milestone thing.

Weird things happening  in the system  

They removed the estimated completion date ! 

7+ months and no biometrics yet!

18 minutes ago, mrstomates said:

Hi everyone! 

I just finished my interview. It was so so easy I almost feel bad for being nervous lol Took maybe 10-13 mins. BUT it took an hour for them to see me. 

Here is the order: 

Asked civics questions.

Had me read something.

Had me write something.

Basic Info verification
Yes/No questions

Question about whether I know what an Oath of Allegiance is. (Answer: to swear loyalty to the united states)  
Signing two screens to verify info and confirm that you are willing to take the oath. 

Done. 

oh and bc people will probably ask 

Field Office: Orlando FL
Applied Sept 19

Bio Reuse Dec 30

Interview Notice Feb 3 

First Interview Day March 16 (Same Day Rescheduled) 

Actual interview day April 16

Same Day Oath

Total time spent there: 3 hours so make sure you budget for this if you are at a busy office. 

Good luck everyone still waiting!! 

Congrats!

18 hours ago, justwill said:

N-400 Filed and Receipt for 01-Sep-2020
Biometric Reuse notice on 30-Dec-2020

Also, originally, the completion date was stated as July. But it changed last month to May.

We have the same date for the biometrics reuse. Though I submitted my application much later than yours which is September 21st.

My first completion date was the same as yours, but it changed to June. Now the time until decision is approximately 3 months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 4/16/2021 at 5:05 PM, Cloud Gate said:

We have the same date for the biometrics reuse. Though I submitted my application much later than yours which is September 21st.

My first completion date was the same as yours, but it changed to June. Now the time until decision is approximately 3 months.

I was out of town over the weekend and the letter arrived after we left. Finally got home and checked the letter and my appointment is for May 11, 2021.

I checked at USCIS' website, it finally was updated that the Interview Scheduled.pdf file was sent on April 8, 2021.

Now I'm a bit nervous because in the letter it says to bring "Any evidence of Selective Service Registration.

IIRC I answered "No" to that section and I didn't put anything else because I was on a diplomatic visa and didn't know about that at all.

Not sure what to do with that.

3 hours ago, justwill said:

I was out of town over the weekend and the letter arrived after we left. Finally got home and checked the letter and my appointment is for May 11, 2021.

I checked at USCIS' website, it finally was updated that the Interview Scheduled.pdf file was sent on April 8, 2021.

Now I'm a bit nervous because in the letter it says to bring "Any evidence of Selective Service Registration.

IIRC I answered "No" to that section and I didn't put anything else because I was on a diplomatic visa and didn't know about that at all.

I think this letter is almost a standard letter that they send for everyone, so even if you were above 40 they may still ask you for evidence of selective service.

I might be wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I agree with HNZ91, this is a stock letter.

I don’t think you need to bring anything if you aren’t registered. 

This has more details about who needs to register: https://www.sss.gov/register/who-needs-to-register/

6 hours ago, justwill said:

I'm glad that you already received an interview appointment. 

Sorry if I'm not much of any help with your Selective Service Registration evidence concern because I have no idea. I'm not sure if calling USCIS will help.

Check my status this morning but didn't get much answers.  Instead it says "Your N-400 personalized processing time is down for maintenance. Check the estimated case processing time for your field office or service center."  I went to click it and clicked the place which I believed to be my field office - Washington DC but didn't get much accurate answers either.  Hope this will get fixed soon.

Edited by Davegie

Dave-Gie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.