Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, clauric said:

I am so worried. I just decided to check my status and I got the RFE request for evidence. I didnt even get an email notification that the status updated. How would I know when they sent it? I am just worried that it will prolong the process.

They mail it as well so you should receive the mail within a week of it being posted online.  This will likely take a little more time.  Try to get the information to them as soon as possible with as much detail as possible.

19 hours ago, clauric said:

I am so worried. I just decided to check my status and I got the RFE request for evidence. I didnt even get an email notification that the status updated. How would I know when they sent it? I am just worried that it will prolong the process.

There is a good chance, it's just a system glitch and disappears in the coming weeks. I suggest not worrying about it now and just wait for an official mail, if was legit.

On 3/2/2021 at 3:36 PM, NorthSouth said:

I hope @DreamCatcher77 doesn't mind but I sorted the spreadsheet by filing date to make it a little easier to read.  Those without a filing date are then sorted alphabetically.  

If you have new information please update so we can see our our Sept 2020 applications are doing - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IsFBL5rIL-9JoT8BTK7wET1a6vQIDKEvDKRvVWg-29E/edit#gid=1544700262

That's awesome thank you so much!

1 hour ago, Ceriy said:

Filed N400 on September 29, 2020.

Biometrics reused notice issued February 11, 2021, received in mail on February 23.

Interview scheduled notice online on March 4.

Wife had her interview this morning at sometime after 930. She had to wait a little, was finished by 10. Had her ceremony at 1015. Ceremony was done in hallway with 1 other person.
Had To read "Who elects the Congress?" and write: "The people elect Congress"
Her questions were:

1. What does the Constitution do?
2. What is the highest court in the United States?
3. Who is in charge of the executive branch?
4. What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
5. Who is the Governor of your state now?
Forgot last one.

Interviewer was very nice. Pleasant experience. About 1 hour spent on whole process, including arriving 15 min early.

Omaha Service Center.

Congratulations! Finally you are done!!! It definitely gives me hope because I applied September 27th and only heard back about biometrics reuse, no interview notice so far.

Estimated case completion was July 2021 and now got moved to November. If it's done in November I'll take it as a Christmas gift!

1 hour ago, AHMILWAUKEE said:

My interview schedules for March 18th was cancelled. On March 1st, I received a notification that they cancelled my interview and rescheduled it for April 12th.

Yesterday, I had my interview and got approved!

This is how my day went..

I arrived 15min before my interview, which was at 9:15am. Officers don't let you go inside the building until it is 15min before your scheduled time.

Pass the metal detectors control and went to a window where an agent checked me in. The agent took my temperature, picture and 2 finger prints. My biometrics were reused, so I'm guessing they only needed 2 fingers???

I sat down and waiting about 20-25min. About 5-10 minutes after my interview time, an agent opened the door and called my name.

The interviewer told me to stay standing to take me under oath.

We sat down and asked me for drivers license, green card and passports (current and expired). She then asked me for how long I have been living in the US, how I met my husband and about my past US visas. Then she started with questions from the form. My name, DOB, if I want to change my name, and my address. After, she started asking some of the NO questions (if I have ever been part of the communism party, killed someone, being in prison, etc) and some of the YES questions. She ended by asking me if I had understood all the question she asked me.

Next was the civil questions:

• What are the two parts of the U.S Congress?
  • Name one war fought by the U.S in the 1900s?
  • The idea of self-government is in the first three words of the constitution.
  • We elect a U.S senator for how many years?
  • How many U.S senators are there?
  • In what month do we vote for president?

Next the speaking and writing test. The screen showed "How many states does the United States have? for me to read. I had to write "We have fifty states".

At that point, she asked me to sign the forms on the screen.

I thought we were done, but she started asking me questions about

• where do I work, what do I do and for how long
  • are my parents US citizens and more informal question. She asked me how my parents are doing in Spain. I answered how things are going (covid related) in Spain.
  • if we rent or own our house
  • what my husband do for a living

After that she spend a minute or two reviewing things in the computer to then say "Congratulation, I'll be recommending you for approval". Printed a paper and checked that I was approved and I'll get in the mail a letter for the Oath. She said: "My guess is that the oath will be sometime May or June". I collected my stuff ( I brought way too many evidences that she didn't even asked) and left.

I was out of the USCIS office by 9:42. The interview was a little less than 20min. Quick and painless. The interviewer was a very nice lady.

Today (4/13) I got a notification in my USCIS account that I should received the oath letter in less than 30days.

I´m sorry for the looooong post, but I wanted to share as much detail as possible for anyone that could find this useful. 

I was SUPER nervous, but everything end up being very fast and easy.

Good luck everyone!!

Wow! Congrats! Mine will be next week on the 23rd.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, clauric said:

I filed in November 2020...I'm seeing a number of people are going to the website and seeing the same thing.

Also, no email notification.

Guess we wait and see if it's a glitch with the site. Please update if it changes for you on the website and/or receive something in the mail.

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, ladybataan said:

Wow! Congrats! Mine will be next week on the 23rd.. 

Yessssss me too I will have interview on April 26 Boston mo. I so enxiety 

Edited by Martinas21

35 minutes ago, Martinas21 said:

35 minutes ago, Martinas21 said:

I can feel you! We are all in the same boat :-). Are you reviewing all the vocabularies too? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, ladybataan said:

I can feel you! We are all in the same boat :-). Are you reviewing all the vocabularies too? 

Yes If I am studying the n400 with its definitions and have you ever. Good luck 

12 hours ago, nancy72 said:

I filed in November 2020...I'm seeing a number of people are going to the website and seeing the same thing.

Also, no email notification.

Guess we wait and see if it's a glitch with the site. Please update if it changes for you on the website and/or receive something in the mail.

Thank you!

Yeah I haven’t received anything on the document tab or anything in the mail as of today. If I dont get anything by end of the week, I will contact them and see what’s going on especially when we didnt get an email/text notification if there is a change in status, we would have not known when we were notified since we only found out by logging in.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just spent thousands on trip that is mostly non refundable. I just thought about what would happen if he got the interview during our trip. Is it hard to reschedule?

Jan 1995- Dh ewi for the second time

July 1998- DH married first wife

July 1998- Ex-wife filed i-130

Aug1998- i130 approved

March 2003- We got married!

Nov 2009- Filed i130

March 2010- i130 approved

Aug 2010-Oct26 2010- Found lawyer, she's helping us apply under 245i

Sent AOS Packet

Nov 14, 2010- USCIS received the AOS packet

Nov 22,2010- NOA 1-797C Received

Jan 18,2011- Biometrics appt

Jan 25, 2011- EAD Card Ordered!!

Feb 2, 2011- EAD Card Received!

March 10, 2011- Interview Approved!

March 18, 2011- Received Green Card!!

4 hours ago, smileysjs said:

I just spent thousands on trip that is mostly non refundable. I just thought about what would happen if he got the interview during our trip. Is it hard to reschedule?

Not hard but it will delay the process.  Looks like interviews are about 5 weeks out from the notification so I would imagine any change with be at least 5 weeks from the request to change. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good Morning Guys, 

I am September filler, been following this post. Could you all please help me with the study materials for citizenship( where I can find URL’s or PDF) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.