Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Martinas21 said:

Happy very happy today just arrives us notification of uscis sending my interview I am in Connecticut sendin September 30 received October 2 and today I have my notification 6 months in total now if to prepare me.

I filled  N400 last April but with the exception of receiving the biometric reuse in January I see no update. It says we are taking longer but no end date. I filled online but I live in Sarasota . It’s been a year now and I  have no idea as to which center I’m processing thus no clue as to when the case will conclude. 
Anyone else facing these issues?!. 

On 3/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, Hawksquill said:

Still trying to figure out what this means.  Nothing in the mail or on myUSCIS, the status still says "Your case has been received and we have mailed a receipt notice."  No new documents added to the documents tab.  The email came from a .gov email address and said "We have taken an action on your case."  Is this the usual wording, or any chance this is spam?

The only thing I can see that's changed is that we no longer have an estimated case completion date listed on myUSCIS (used to be July 2021).  That field is just gone.  I'm worried that taking off the estimated completion date counts as an "action" but not sure it would warrant them sending an email?

Any insight?

I’m in the same boat as you .   It is very frustrating. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
21 hours ago, T.T said:

Hello guys,

I want to give you guys an update on my N-400. I passed the interview today. The process went smoothly and the officer is very nice.

I were nervous but it went much easier than I thought

Best wish to all of you!

I an an American now!

Congratulations!

13 hours ago, justwill said:

Congratulations!

13 hours ago, justwill said:

Congratulations!

Congrats! Did they ask you some vocabulary words?

Timeline
On 3/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, Hawksquill said:

Still trying to figure out what this means.  Nothing in the mail or on myUSCIS, the status still says "Your case has been received and we have mailed a receipt notice."  No new documents added to the documents tab.  The email came from a .gov email address and said "We have taken an action on your case."  Is this the usual wording, or any chance this is spam?

The only thing I can see that's changed is that we no longer have an estimated case completion date listed on myUSCIS (used to be July 2021).  That field is just gone.  I'm worried that taking off the estimated completion date counts as an "action" but not sure it would warrant them sending an email?

Any insight?

hey!

I just found u on timelines, so I got the same message same day, check timeline, after I got that message my case time moved 1 month less. They send such mails when time is changing

5 hours ago, SadFace said:

hey!

I just found u on timelines, so I got the same message same day, check timeline, after I got that message my case time moved 1 month less. They send such mails when time is changing

Hey thanks for commenting!  Cool to see a fellow Hartford filer.

This is promising, although I'm still a bit unnerved that our case completion date completely went away rather than moving in either direction.  Just curious, what's your new case completion estimate?  Glad to see it moved to be sooner rather than later, too! :)

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

Timeline
Just now, Hawksquill said:

Hey thanks for commenting!  Cool to see a fellow Hartford filer.

This is promising, although I'm still a bit unnerved that our case completion date completely went away rather than moving in either direction.  Just curious, what's your new case completion estimate?  Glad to see it moved to be sooner rather than later, too! :)

it moved from november in the beginning to august now, everytime they move it, they mail me. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi there I want do a uptade about my process I will have my interview April 26 Boston Mo, so anxiety that finish soon. 

Edited by Martinas21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.