Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Guysssss! I had movement on the case! (Indert chubby panda dancing here)

So! Quick recap:

Filed 9/27/2020

Bio reuse letter 2/13/2021

Email "action has been taken" today 7/25/2021. Logged in and says "interview was scheduled".

Here is the tricky part I need help with! Today is also a day we got the keys to the new place so normally today is the day I get on USPS and set up mail forwarding as well as address change AR 11. 

I am not sure on my best course of action. I still have access to the current mail box until August 31st. 

I'm scared that if I file AR 11 change of address today it will delay them mailing me the letter. So I can gamble and wait the 10 days (cause you're supposed to file change of address within 10 days) and then on day 9 fill out change of address hoping that within the next 9 days my interview letter is gonna get mailed out to me. 

One way or another I will get it because I will set up mail forwarding but I guess I'm just anxious to delay something if I fill out change of address ASAP. I was thinking maybe I can just call the phone number and see what they suggest. Anyway thanks for reading I think I'm overthinking because I'm so excited! 😆

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hey everyone, so I'm supposed to leave to Europe on Friday for 15 days, and today I woke up with the news about the new travel restrictions, should I be able to come back to the US without a problem since I'm a green card holder, or I'd be stuck there since I'm not a US citizen yet? Please help.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, xczme said:

Hey everyone, so I'm supposed to leave to Europe on Friday for 15 days, and today I woke up with the news about the new travel restrictions, should I be able to come back to the US without a problem since I'm a green card holder, or I'd be stuck there since I'm not a US citizen yet? Please help.

You won't have any problem. I just returned from Ireland at the start of July. You will need a negative test 72 hours before your return though. 

2001 March 17th Met in Savannah GA2002 March Visit to Atlanta GA

2002-2013 Long Distance friends

2014 Feb Relationship turns romantic (L)

2015 Feb Visit to Atlanta

2015 April 4th File I-129F

2015 April 16th NOA1 Received

2015 June 29th NOA2 Received

2015 July NVC Case Number

2015 August 11th Package 3 from Embassy

2015 August 26th Medical

2015 Sept 10th Interview and Approved

2015 Sept 17th Visa in hand

2015 Nov 5th POE Dublin Move to USA :dancing:

2015 Dec 20th Wedding (L)(L)(L)

2016 Jan 21st AOS/EAD/AF mailed

2016 Jan 25th AOS etc received by USCIS

2016 Jan 28th NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP received by mail

2016 Feb 23rd Biometrics Atlanta

2016 Feb 24th Initial RFE for AOS

2016 Feb 26th RFE Responded and Mailed back to USCIS

2016 April 6th EAD and AP Approval

2016 April 12th EAD Card received, No AP on it, Rang USCIS

2016 May 6th AOS Approval
2016 May 10th I551 placed in passport
2016 June 10th Green Card Arrived
2016 June 10th Filed i90 for Error on Green Card
2017 Aug 21st Replacement Green Card Approved and In Production 1 year after applying. Done with USCIS till ROC in early 2018
2018 Mar 6th Form i-751 sent off to USCIS in Vermont (Removal of Conditions)
2020 Sept 25th N-400 Application files
2021 July 20th Interview and Test for N400 Citizenship APPROVED 
2021 Aug 6th Oath Ceremony
2021 Aug 6th US Citizen
2021 Aug 21st Passport Appliedfor
2021 Sept 15th Passport in Hand
2021 Sept Journey at an end after 6 years from our K1 approval to Citisenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iceland
Timeline
7 hours ago, BillyG said:

You won't have any problem. I just returned from Ireland at the start of July. You will need a negative test 72 hours before your return though. 

Thanks for your reply, do I need a CPR test, to get into Europe? I'm flying in and out of Dublin!

On 7/25/2021 at 11:31 PM, DreamCatcher77 said:

Guysssss! I had movement on the case! (Indert chubby panda dancing here)

So! Quick recap:

Filed 9/27/2020

Bio reuse letter 2/13/2021

Email "action has been taken" today 7/25/2021. Logged in and says "interview was scheduled".

Here is the tricky part I need help with! Today is also a day we got the keys to the new place so normally today is the day I get on USPS and set up mail forwarding as well as address change AR 11. 

I am not sure on my best course of action. I still have access to the current mail box until August 31st. 

I'm scared that if I file AR 11 change of address today it will delay them mailing me the letter. So I can gamble and wait the 10 days (cause you're supposed to file change of address within 10 days) and then on day 9 fill out change of address hoping that within the next 9 days my interview letter is gonna get mailed out to me. 

One way or another I will get it because I will set up mail forwarding but I guess I'm just anxious to delay something if I fill out change of address ASAP. I was thinking maybe I can just call the phone number and see what they suggest. Anyway thanks for reading I think I'm overthinking because I'm so excited! 😆

You should see a copy of the interview letter in the documents tab of my.uscis.gov.  The letter in the mail will be the same.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, NorthSouth said:

You should see a copy of the interview letter in the documents tab of my.uscis.gov.  The letter in the mail will be the same.

Although, I think you will need the original letter when you go the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
23 hours ago, xczme said:

Thanks for your reply, do I need a CPR test, to get into Europe? I'm flying in and out of Dublin!

No idea what's needed to travel. But personally, I would prefer a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test, rather than cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).

6 hours ago, JourneyFromA2 said:

Although, I think you will need the original letter when you go the interview.

11 hours ago, NorthSouth said:

Thank you! Just needed to know the date of the interview because I've been so anxious. It's scheduled for August 26th. 30 days from today! 

How is this for an outfit? Short heels with a dress and a jacket. And I got the certificate holder just in case it is a same-day ceremony. Please let me know what you all think! 

20210727_204044.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I will have my interview on Friday!

And I have not applied for citizenship on a marriage basis.

I am thinking to take the followings:

Passport (Unexpired, I don't have any of my previous passports)

Green Card.

Copy of marriage certificate, translated. (As we got married back home-Don't have the original)

My son's birth certificate (He was born here in US).

Should I take my tax return docs?

Should I take my I-94?

Also please let me know if there is anything else I should take with me.

Many thanks in advance ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/26/2021 at 11:10 PM, xczme said:

Since July 19th you don't need a PCR test to fly from US to Dublin if vaccinated but you will need a test to return to the USA. The rules for UK are different. And I would check Icelands rules if I were you. Some countries are different but I think Iceland followed witg the rest of the EU by dropping need for tests in July

Official quote......Entry and Exit Requirements

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? Yes

https://www.gov.ie/en/campaigns/75d92-covid-19-travel-advice/

Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes

However, for travelers arriving into Ireland from the United States who present valid proof of vaccination, no travel-related testing or quarantine is necessary.

If you have valid proof of recovery from COVID in the past 180 days, no travel-related testing or quarantine will be necessary.

If you do not have valid proof of vaccination or recovery, you will need to:

present evidence of a negative result from a RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival into the country

self-quarantine for 14 days

if you receive a negative result from a RT-PCR test taken from day 5 onwards after arrival into Ireland, you will be able to leave quarantine

Edited by BillyG
Adding official infornation

2001 March 17th Met in Savannah GA2002 March Visit to Atlanta GA

2002-2013 Long Distance friends

2014 Feb Relationship turns romantic (L)

2015 Feb Visit to Atlanta

2015 April 4th File I-129F

2015 April 16th NOA1 Received

2015 June 29th NOA2 Received

2015 July NVC Case Number

2015 August 11th Package 3 from Embassy

2015 August 26th Medical

2015 Sept 10th Interview and Approved

2015 Sept 17th Visa in hand

2015 Nov 5th POE Dublin Move to USA :dancing:

2015 Dec 20th Wedding (L)(L)(L)

2016 Jan 21st AOS/EAD/AF mailed

2016 Jan 25th AOS etc received by USCIS

2016 Jan 28th NOA 1 for AOS, EAD and AP received by mail

2016 Feb 23rd Biometrics Atlanta

2016 Feb 24th Initial RFE for AOS

2016 Feb 26th RFE Responded and Mailed back to USCIS

2016 April 6th EAD and AP Approval

2016 April 12th EAD Card received, No AP on it, Rang USCIS

2016 May 6th AOS Approval
2016 May 10th I551 placed in passport
2016 June 10th Green Card Arrived
2016 June 10th Filed i90 for Error on Green Card
2017 Aug 21st Replacement Green Card Approved and In Production 1 year after applying. Done with USCIS till ROC in early 2018
2018 Mar 6th Form i-751 sent off to USCIS in Vermont (Removal of Conditions)
2020 Sept 25th N-400 Application files
2021 July 20th Interview and Test for N400 Citizenship APPROVED 
2021 Aug 6th Oath Ceremony
2021 Aug 6th US Citizen
2021 Aug 21st Passport Appliedfor
2021 Sept 15th Passport in Hand
2021 Sept Journey at an end after 6 years from our K1 approval to Citisenship

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone! Got my Biometrics done end of June but received a retake of fingerprints due to FBI reject. Anyone has experienced this before? How to ensure your fingerprints have been taken accurately on the second appointment?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
8 hours ago, Irza said:

Also please let me know if there is anything else I should take with me

Take anything that you submitted through the online / postal application. I also brought the latest eg, I submitted tax transcripts for previous 5 years with my application back in March 2020 (tax years 2014-2019) and I brought them with me then in addition, I brought the latest tax transcript for tax year 2020. The officer actually asked me about last year’s taxes and took a copy of the transcript. 

Optional if you have done any travel; mark up the pages within your passport with colored tabs. It made life easier for me when we reviewed my travel history and I could go straight to the page. I also had my travel history printed in an excel page. 

You can really go over the top with documents but the officer did say it made her interview easier. 

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.