Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, LARA_nj said:

where do you guys see your  local office  information ?

You can locate your office at this site:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, and put your zip code in to see which field office has jurisdiction.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, Zai-am said:

Did anyone have luck rescheduling an interview? After waiting for what seemed like forever. I finally got my interview letter last night for August 13th. Problem is that it's smack dab in the middle of my vacation trip overseas. Can't really afford to change my ticket.

If you have had luck, how far out was your reschedule? 

Check with your airline.  Most have no change fees/penalties due to the pandemic.

I know an applicant that had their interview canceled last year due to the pandemic and they are still waiting for a new date.

If it were me I would not change it.  Plan for the interview and then up to 6 weeks for the oath ceremony.  Unless it's a life or death trip you're so close to being a US citizen I wouldn't delay the interview.  

Edited by NorthSouth

2 hours ago, evo02pro said:

had my interview last week. Any idea when I will learn about my oath ceremony ?

Up to 6 weeks after your status changes to "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I had moved and changed my address with USCIS recently, which was fine, got a confirmation email from them and when I looked into my account the new address was changed and everything looked good.

This morning I got an email saying "we have taken action on your case". I thought, great my interview is scheduled, but NO, there's nothing new on my account.

So I'm wondering, is that because of the address change or I still could possibly be having an interview scheduled coming soon, and is just the website that hasn't been updated?

Let me know what you guys think!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
47 minutes ago, xczme said:

Hi everyone,

I had moved and changed my address with USCIS recently, which was fine, got a confirmation email from them and when I looked into my account the new address was changed and everything looked good.

This morning I got an email saying "we have taken action on your case". I thought, great my interview is scheduled, but NO, there's nothing new on my account.

So I'm wondering, is that because of the address change or I still could possibly be having an interview scheduled coming soon, and is just the website that hasn't been updated?

Did you check the documents tab to see if there is a Interview appointment letter on there?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, xczme said:

Hi everyone,

Generally emails stating subject as "we have taken action on your case" can be triggered by address change, document uploads or other status changes that do not require any action on your end. The status changes that need your action (appointments) would be more like "We have taken an action on your case and it needs your attention" to be the email subject.

I would still say wait for a few days and keep checking your documents tab and feel free to cross verify it with USCIS customer service if you don't see anything in documents tab after a few days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Update on our cases:

Applications submitted on 9/14/2020

My interview will be on 7/30/2021

My wife's interview (scheduled today) for 8/17/2021

She had biometric appointment on Monday 7/12/2021

We are getting close to the end !

My friend passed his interview today and had same day oath ceremony in Hartford, CT. 

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

For those who already took their Oath Ceremony, aside from the required documents to bring during the Oath ceremony as written on the notice, did you bring other documents with you?  

Dave-Gie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.