Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 6:07 AM, NorthSouth said:

Sorry to hear about the delay.  I think it's because of the new Juneteenth federal holiday which was approved this week with the observance yesterday for "most" federal employees that your appointment was changed.  

Thank you.

Here is an update on my own case:

I have been planning to go back home for a long time, which is still not finalized yet.

And today I got an email "Interview scheduled" exactly in the middle of my planned travel dates!

For July 30th!

It is a good sign for California as the processing times are all 15-19 months. And this gonna be 10-11 months for me.

But I need help regarding rescheduling interview appointment, anyone who had rescheduled please share your experiences?

What is a "good reason" to request rescheduling?

When (approx.) the new appointment will be rescheduled ?(How many months or week after the existing appointment?)

Thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Irza said:

Thank you.

I have been planning to go back home for a long time, which is still not finalized yet.

And today I got an email "Interview scheduled" exactly in the middle of my planned travel dates!

For July 30th!

It is a good sign for California as the processing times are all 15-19 months. And this gonna be 10-11 months for me.

But I need help regarding rescheduling interview appointment, anyone who had rescheduled please share your experiences?

When (approx.) the new appointment will be rescheduled ?(How many months or week after the existing appointment?)

Personally, unless I had to travel for an emergency, I would attend my interview as no one can guess when you will be given a reschedule. As I say, that is me personally.

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Timeline
1 hour ago, El Escocés said:

Personally, unless I had to travel for an emergency, I would attend my interview as no one can guess when you will be given a reschedule. As I say, that is me personally.

Thanks for the advice! ;)

So my other option might be to postpone the travel to be after interview.

What options do I have regarding oath ceremony? If they provide same day ceremony, am I able to postpone and ask for another time?

Thanks again!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Irza said:

Thanks for the advice! ;)

So my other option might be to postpone the travel to be after interview.

What options do I have regarding oath ceremony? If they provide same day ceremony, am I able to postpone and ask for another time?

Thanks again!

There has been a few same day oaths. In one recent (last week) post, someone suggested to gently enquire at the end of their interview about a same day oath and the interviewing officer actually did the oath there and then. So you never know. We've all been on this journey for such a long time, I just can't let anything get in the way of that finish line (unless there is an emergency)

Edited by El Escocés

Timeline
16 minutes ago, El Escocés said:

There has been a few same day oaths. In one recent (last week) post, someone suggested to gently enquire at the end of their interview about a same day oath and the interviewing officer actually did the oath there and then. So you never know. We've all been on this journey for such a long time, I just can't let anything get in the way of that finish line (unless there is an emergency)

Thanks

I just have a very small window to travel due to complicated personal reasons.

If I miss that, travel will be postponed for another 1.5 years.

And it will be 5 years since I visited my family!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Irza said:

Thanks

I just have a very small window to travel due to complicated personal reasons.

If I miss that, travel will be postponed for another 1.5 years.

And it will be 5 years since I visited my family!

The issue might be your passport. Once you are a US Citizen, you will need to travel on your US passport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Good news - my husband got notice on 6/22 that his interview was scheduled for 7/19 in the Raleigh-Durham office. Things are finally moving!

------------------------------

2016-11-02 Filed I-129F

2016-11-04 NOA1

2017-02-02 NOA2

2017-03-03 Rec'd by NVC

2017-03-06 Assigned NVC #

2017-03-07 Left NVC

2017-03-09 Rec'd by Consulate

2017-03-20 Medical

2017-04-20 Interview

2017-04-27 Visa issued

Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my ceremony on the 23rd. Congrats to everyone. To those that are still waiting, you are nearly there.

N-400: 

09/11/2020: NOA N-400 filed

ROC/I-751: 481 days from received to approved.

Spoiler

01/16/18: Package delivered to VSC 
01/19/18: NOA I-751 filed
02/17/18: NOA biometric appointment
02/27/18: Biometric appointment

05/24/19: I-751 approved
05/28/19: Card delivered

AOS B1 to PR: 184 days from received to approved
Spoiler

08/10/15: Package delivered to lock box

08/13/15: NOA I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 (day 3)

08/14/15: NOA biometric appointment (day 4)

09/04/15: Biometric appointment (day 25)

11/03/15: Service request opened for I-765: approaching regulatory time-frame (day 85)

11/06/15: RFE I-485 (day 88)

11/12/15: RFE received in mail: financial affidavit needs 12 months of bank statements or joint sponsor (day 94)

11/16/15: RFE response sent: I-864 application for joint sponsor (day 98)

11/18/15: USCIS updates I-485: received response to RFE (day 100)

11/23/15: USCIS updates I-765 (EAD😞 new card is being produced (day 105)

11/30/15: EAD card mailed (day 112)

12/02/15: EAD/AP combo card received (day 114)

01/05/16: NOA AOS interview scheduled for 02/09/16 (day 149)

02/09/16: AOS Interview (day 184) [APPROVED]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Macedonia
Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 9:15 AM, Irza said:

Thank you.

For July 30th!

From my experience i  would not suggest rescheduling interview or oath. I had my interview 06/22 and i could have taken the oath the same day, however i am traveling in July and getting passport in such a short time is almost impossible . The officer suggested to leave the oath for after i come back from my trip. I saw him writing with red pen, oath ceremony after July 22nd. Happy with big relief that  i could still travel, went home. Next day i got an email, Oath ceremony scheduled for July 7th  🤦‍♀️. I called Uscis to see what my options would be, so either i had to attend the ceremony on the 7th or reschedule.   At that point i decided to keep the oath on the 7nd. As of my trip, i was so lucky to find out about Passport agency where u can get a Urgent passport  if u are traveling within 72 hours. I was able to get appointment in Philadelphia. So long story short, i am taking the oath on the 7th, and on  the 9th go to get my passport.  Has been a very stressful week.  They can't tell u when the new interview will be scheduled, all they say is, when it comes available. I know someone who applied   back in January 2020, interview was scheduled for June 2020, however due to Covid, they cancelled the interview.  He is still waiting interview to be rescheduled. 

Timeline
On 6/23/2021 at 2:11 PM, El Escocés said:

The issue might be your passport. Once you are a US Citizen, you will need to travel on your US passport

Thank you. Yes that's correct and  I will try to get an urgent passport appointment in one of the passport agencies.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stefi said:

From my experience i  would not suggest rescheduling interview or oath. I had my interview 06/22 and i could have taken the oath the same day, however i am traveling in July and getting passport in such a short time is almost impossible . The officer suggested to leave the oath for after i come back from my trip. I saw him writing with red pen, oath ceremony after July 22nd. Happy with big relief that  i could still travel, went home. Next day i got an email, Oath ceremony scheduled for July 7th  🤦‍♀️. I called Uscis to see what my options would be, so either i had to attend the ceremony on the 7th or reschedule.   At that point i decided to keep the oath on the 7nd. As of my trip, i was so lucky to find out about Passport agency where u can get a Urgent passport  if u are traveling within 72 hours. I was able to get appointment in Philadelphia. So long story short, i am taking the oath on the 7th, and on  the 9th go to get my passport.  Has been a very stressful week.  They can't tell u when the new interview will be scheduled, all they say is, when it comes available. I know someone who applied   back in January 2020, interview was scheduled for June 2020, however due to Covid, they cancelled the interview.  He is still waiting interview to be rescheduled. 

Thank you for your detailed comment :)  which is very helpful for me to decide if they offer same day or delayed oath.

I will try to get an urgent passport appointment.

Good luck with your appointment.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I still haven't gotten an interview. Any DC filers still waiting? I also still have a pending I-751 case. I applied under 3 year rule. My biometrics were re-used in January and radio silence since then. 

Anyone in the same boat? 

Question for those who went through the interview:

1. Do I need to bring any additional documents like tax returns to the interview? (applying under 5 year rule)

2. I travelled internationally 3 times in last 5 years, on some occasions I did not get stamp in the passport (Once returning to US and once entering my home country), How do I prove my travel dates?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.