Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Prashant Dewan said:

I see a new notice as well for Biometric for a date in July while I had it in June as well.

Which one did you choose to go with? I thought the new one is valid so I skipped the one for today, also the document for the fJune appt.is replaced with the new one in July in the account.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Irza said:

Which one did you choose to go with? I thought the new one is valid so I skipped the one for today, also the document for the fJune appt.is replaced with the new one in July in the account.

I will confirm this from USCIS customer service Monday but it seems like July is the valid one. It has replaced the previous notice for me as well. My appointment was end of June and not today so didn't had to choose.

20 hours ago, Irza said:

So today I logged in to my wife's account to check the UCSIS center address where she was supposed to do the biometrics.

And saw there is a new notice. dated today, that they have scheduled her a new appointment for Jul 12th!

This is horrible, I guess we have to wait and go on July 12th, but the last paper we got was showing June 18TH.

Has anyone had similar experience?

Sorry to hear about the delay.  I think it's because of the new Juneteenth federal holiday which was approved this week with the observance yesterday for "most" federal employees that your appointment was changed.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
52 minutes ago, W loves S said:

Did any used the USCIS App for Civics test ? 

Yes I did but I prefer not having multiple choice and instead used flash cards for the majority of my study. Just personal preference 

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/flash-cards/M-623_red.pdf

these look like the flash cards that I purchased from Amazon

there are also some good resources on YouTube etc

https://youtu.be/S_suZ7xajZw

Edited by Keyboard Warrior

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

2 hours ago, W loves S said:

I used youtube videos and that helped me a lot. So easy and convenient! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
21 hours ago, W loves S said:

I used USCIS Study Guide from here: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/questions-and-answers/100q.pdf

I also used the following websites to answer some of the local questionaires:

https://www.house.gov/representatives

https://www.senate.gov/index.htm

https://www.supremecourt.gov/about/justices.aspx

The youtube videos helped me a lot for studying especially when you have to study by yourself. It’s helpful because I feel like someone is interviewing me. I try to just hear the question and not watch the video so in that way I can get used to the questions without reading them. I hated the app because they are multiple choices and I don’t want my brain to get used to it. But yeah the youtube video helped me a lot!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
17 hours ago, FARAMAREN said:

I have a question guys about the documents that we should return to USCIS on our oath ceremony day.

Let say if someone lost the employment card but has the 10 years green card and 02 years green card.

Please if someone experiencing this situation to share their story.

I had discarded my expired EAD and 2 years card when I got my new one.

I was asked for them when I turned in my card at the check-in desk and told her the truth and it was fine with just turning in my current card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
On 6/18/2021 at 3:17 PM, Prashant Dewan said:

I will confirm this from USCIS customer service Monday but it seems like July is the valid one. It has replaced the previous notice for me as well. My appointment was end of June and not today so didn't had to choose.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.