Sarasota

N-400 September 2020 Filers

1,423 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Received an email from USCIS this morning stating - 'We have taken an action on your case'. Although my online account ha no changes and no new documents uploaded. Need to wait for them to upload the change to my account or wait for physical mail to arrive?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 5/7/2021 at 12:35 PM, Prashant Dewan said:

Received an email from USCIS this morning stating - 'We have taken an action on your case'. Although my online account ha no changes and no new documents uploaded. Need to wait for them to upload the change to my account or wait for physical mail to arrive?

Looks like you might finally be getting your interview. I ended up moving from NJ to TX, so I might have inevitably delayed my application more. Keep us posted on when you get the update.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

For those that already have went through the interview...did you take any additional paperwork. I mean more than what’s listed on the interview letter? If so, what did you take and did the USCIS officer ask for it?

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

1 hour ago, LinJoe said:

For those that already have went through the interview...did you take any additional paperwork. I mean more than what’s listed on the interview letter? If so, what did you take and did the USCIS officer ask for it?

My husband filed under the 3 year rule so we did bring extra evidence - basically updated bank statements, mortgage statements, utility bills, and our most recent tax return between when we applied in September and now, to show that our situation hasn't changed.  The IO didn't ask for any of it but I still don't regret bringing it, since they could have asked for it - you never know if you're going to get a hardass, or if USCIS has lost some of the documents from your file along the way or what have you.  They can also ask to see the originals of any documents you submitted copies of with your application, so we brought all those along too. 

And who knows, maybe he saw my husband carrying two massive folders of documents and decided that was proof enough.  😛

Edited by Hawksquill

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, LinJoe said:

Took everything I could carry lol. The man did not ask to see anything just ask for a copy of my divorce papper Dat all.

6 hours ago, Smile4rill1 said:

Took everything I could carry lol. The man did not ask to see anything just ask for a copy of my divorce papper Dat all.

Yes same with me. He only asked for my green card and that’s all.

On 5/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, Prashant Dewan said:

Curious to see if you heard more? I'm wondering if they're finally hurrying up in NJ.

Timeline

No update so far on the online portal. I tried calling the USCIS customer service but it is really hard to navigate to talk to a real person. 😅

I will keep you guys posted if I get an update.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, NJGuy said:

Curious to see if you heard more? I'm wondering if they're finally hurrying up in NJ.

17 hours ago, ramwho said:

Looks like you might finally be getting your interview. I ended up moving from NJ to TX, so I might have inevitably delayed my application more. Keep us posted on when you get the update.

1 minute ago, Prashant Dewan said:

No update so far on the online portal. I tried calling the USCIS customer service but it is really hard to navigate to talk to a real person. 😅

I will keep you guys posted if I get an update.

Reposting as I missed out on quoting you guys.

Edited by Prashant Dewan

On 5/10/2021 at 12:12 AM, Hawksquill said:

My husband filed under the 3 year rule so we did bring extra evidence - basically updated bank statements, mortgage statements, utility bills, and our most recent tax return between when we applied in September and now, to show that our situation hasn't changed.  The IO didn't ask for any of it but I still don't regret bringing it, since they could have asked for it - you never know if you're going to get a hardass, or if USCIS has lost some of the documents from your file along the way or what have you.  They can also ask to see the originals of any documents you submitted copies of with your application, so we brought all those along too. 

And who knows, maybe he saw my husband carrying two massive folders of documents and decided that was proof enough.  😛

Could I ask - were you both permitted to attend the interview? I received my interview notice, for Lawrence yesterday, but I don't see anything permitting a spouse to attend, even for three-year pathways. Any other advice is also welcome!

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

On 4/28/2021 at 6:46 PM, rosecloud said:

I had my interview at the Milwaukee, WI field office. My interview was at 11:15 AM, but I got called in at 11:20 AM. The officer was nice, just not overly friendly or talkative. He swore me in, wanted to see my driver’s license and permanent resident card - didn’t want my passport or any other documents. We then proceeded to go through my application. He asked a bunch of questions about my spouse since I’m applying based on a marriage to a US citizen (full name, DOB, date of marriage, if we’re still married, asked about trips and whether or not my spouse came with me, and so on). I answered all of the yes or no questions. We then moved on to the civics test. I passed the first six questions, so he didn’t ask all ten. I had to read “The President lives in the White House” and then write the same sentence. He congratulated me and told me I passed my test, saying that in a month I’ll get a notice for my oath ceremony. The whole process took about 10 minutes since I was done by 11:30 AM. 

I can’t believe I’m mostly done with this crazy immigration journey. Like most of you here, I completed the whole process on my own, but with a lot of guidance from VisaJourney. Good luck to you all - you WILL get there! 

Hey rose, I have a similar case and the same field office like you. My interview is in few days and i had some questions. Can you check your inbox it will mean a lot. Thanks 

8 hours ago, glmg21 said:

Could I ask - were you both permitted to attend the interview? I received my interview notice, for Lawrence yesterday, but I don't see anything permitting a spouse to attend, even for three-year pathways. Any other advice is also welcome!

Nope!  The interview notice said you could only bring someone else if you need them to translate or help you if you have a disability.  I just dropped my husband off at the office and waited until he was done.  The IO asked if I had come up to MA with him (we live in CT) and my husband said yes but that was it.  

I posted my full experience further up in the thread if you want all the deets.  Good luck! :)

August 20, 2016 ----> May 5, 2021

1,720 days ----> 4 years, 8 months, and 16 days

DONE with our visa journey and USCIS!

K1:

Spoiler

8/20/2016: I-129F packet mailed
10/20/2016: NOA2

1/20/2017: Interview (approved!)

2/20/2017: POE Philadelphia

3/18/2017: Wedding!

Adjustment of Status:

Spoiler

5/11/2017:  I-485, I-131, and I-765 packets mailed to Chicago lockbox

5/18/2017: NOA

5/30/2017:  Biometrics completed (walk-in, East Hartford, CT ASC)

8/2017-9/2017: Three service requests and case request to Congresswoman submitted for I-765

10/7/2017:  EAD/AP combo card received 

12/14/2017: Interview!

12/30/2017: GC received

Removal of Conditions: 

Spoiler

9/16/2019: Packet mailed to Dallas lockbox

9/23/2019: NOA date

10/24/2019: Biometrics completed (East Hartford, CT ASC) 

8/18/2020: Case approved

9/8/2020: GC in hand!

Citizenship:

Spoiler

9/17/2020: N-400 filed online

9/25/2020: Hard copy NOA received

11/12/2020: Biometrics reuse notice on USCIS account

3/19/2021: Email notification that USCIS has taken action on our case

3/31/2021: Interview notice

5/5/2021: Interview in Lawrence, MA (our field office is Hartford, CT)

5/5/2021: Approval and same day oath ceremony due to COVID-19!

4 hours ago, justwill said:

Update:

Just came back from my interview today. The officer handling the interview was very friendly and talkative after we got into his office.

First thing he asked for was for my passport and green card. Then he took a photo and fingerprint to verify my identity. Then he asked me to verify my information (full name, date of birth, and weight). Asked me if I've travelled anywhere recently (I last travelled to Puerto Rico just before the start of the pandemic last year).

He looked at my files and talked about my application. He joked that I was using my wife's discount to apply for naturalization (3 years mark) so I didn't have wait for 5 years.

Then we proceeded with the civics questions:

• When is the last day you can send in federal income tax forms?
  • What stops one branch of government from becoming too powerful?
  • Who signs bills to become laws?
  • We elect a President for how many years?
  • There were 13 original states. Name three
  • When was the declaration of Independence adopted?

He stopped after 6 since I answered all correctly and asked me to read the written question: Where is the "White House located". Next, he cleared the iPad and showed a blank screen with paper lines and asked me to write the answer to that question and he dictated "The White House is located in Washington, D.C." He didn't give the punctuations, but that's what I put down and he was very impressed.

Last, he asked all the yes/no qualification questions.

After that iPad screen showed my name, DOB, etc and if I wanted to change my name. I answered No and signed on the iPad.

The iPad cleared again and then it showed the Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America and I signed on the iPad.

Last he did ask if I had any new documents that I wanted to update (he didn't ask for anything specific). I was prepared and gave him an updated tax transcript, updated bank account statement, beneficiary statement, and most recent utilities bills.

He explained that I had passed and gave me N-642 form that stated that I passed the civics test and "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval". That I should be receiving a letter from USCIS within 30 days.

We got home and just as I was writing this update, I checked on USCIS site and it showed that my status was updated with "Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled" notice and that I should expect the letter to be sent within 30 days.

Almost there....

Congrats :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.